Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
No doubt he will score goals but I’m gonna say that he will be frustrating with inconsistency the first season at least

Chief123

Both finals they won, Liverpool were 1 penalty kick away to a trophyless season, if we go by your analogy.
It’s not an analogy, it’s a fact. Yes they won the two finals by a slim margin, but a win is a win. The truth is they took it to the final game in every single competition they were in. No other team in Europe managed that.

We banter them of course, but it doesn’t take away from that achievement.

We won the treble when we could very possibly won nothing that season. Schmeichel saved an extra time penalty in the FA Cup semi. We were 1 minute away from losing the UCL final. We were losing the prem until a goal in the second half of the final game. All fine margins. A win is a win.

KwendaHuko

It’s not an analogy, it’s a fact. Yes they won the two finals by a slim margin, but a win is a win. The truth is they took it to the final game in every single competition they were in. No other team in Europe managed that.

We banter them of course, but it doesn’t take away from that achievement.

We won the treble when we could very possibly won nothing that season. Schmeichel saved an extra time penalty in the FA Cup semi. We were 1 minute away from losing the UCL final. We were losing the prem until a goal in the second half of the final game. All fine margins. A win is a win.
Also a loss is a loss. Stop looking it from the lenses of winning only.

The issue, is not to use the analogy in your favour of how good they are.

If they lost the 2 penalty shootout could you be here saying about they would have won 4 titles?

BerryBerryShrew

It's a zero sum game at the end of the day. He may score more than Mané but the result will be Salah (and possibly Diaz and Jota)* scoring fewer than they did with Mané in the team.

*I was going to mention Firmino but I think if Firmino was to score fewer goals next season than he did for the past few seasons, he'd be in negative numbers.

Chief123

Also a loss is a loss. Stop looking it from the lenses of winning only.

The issue, is not to use the analogy in your favour of how good they are.

If they lost the 2 penalty shootout could you be here saying about they would have won 4 titles?
I just find it strange to discredit the season they’ve had in the way you are doing. My point is some are thinking they are suddenly going to fall off a cliff this season and not even finish top 3. I’ll be surprised if there’s anyone else other than Liverpool who comes close to challenging city for the title this season.

bludsucker

His goals will come in spurts and eventually dry up but the bad touches and fail compilations will come in a flood. I for one am going to enjoy poking fun at some other teams player for once.

Anustart89

The speed with which he's become memeified has to be infuriating for Liverpool fans :lol:

Member 101269

The speed with which he's become memeified has to be infuriating for Liverpool fans :lol:
He's a weak Lukaku; the extent to which everyone backed away so he could take the penalty was laughable. Not to mention, what I perceived as, the pass to ball to Nunez so he can score strategy. There is zero chance Salah is going to pass to Nunez or give up pens when the league starts.

Anderson_7_

That deluded bunch already saying that he will outscore Haaland. Blimey
It's entirely possible given how they distribute the ball at City. They have bunch of players who can score 10+ goals a season, so it becomes harder for one individual in that team to score loads of goals.

Liverpool depend more on their strikers to score.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
It's entirely possible given how they distribute the ball at City. They have bunch of players who can score 10+ goals a season, so it becomes harder for one individual in that team to score loads of goals.

Liverpool depend more on their strikers to score.
This is true. Outside of our forwards goals don't exactly flow from elsewhere. Salah, Mane and Jota had about 70 between them last year.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
This is true. Outside of our forwards goals don't exactly flow from elsewhere. Salah, Mane and Jota had about 70 between them last year.
It's not necessarily a bad thing though. Klopp's is rather a stickler for keeping the formation shape even as his forwards press high-up. It's nice to have midfield that contributes loads of goal but scoring is not thir primary role.

There seems to be slight deviating trend with the Elliot's promotion and Carvalho's signing. Both players primarily occupy space between forward line and midfield. Both have appetitte for goals (esp Carvalho) but equally adept to deliver final pass. Curtis is another one although he seems to have receded after initial hype.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Looks definitely like a 100m striker.
Why do folk compare him to Lukaku? Lukaku doesn't get pushed off the ball like Nunez does. fecker would fall over because of a light breeze...

Syphon Wallet

Edit - Nevermind, I got mixed up and thought this was the RB Lipzig game.

Wow even worse then, they basically lost due to him being an absolute donkey.
You love to see it

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
He had quite a day today.
Why do folk compare him to Lukaku? Lukaku doesn't get pushed off the ball like Nunez does. fecker would fall over because of a light breeze...
His donkey like first touch does it.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Does seem to have very good movement though, that's something to work with.

cyberman

That’s pure shite but Liverpool have a problem if he’s the focus of the team like that. Drifting around with players in front of him trying to make things happen. He just isn’t that player

Varun1

Best 1-2 ever…
Am no expert but why doesn't he move to the centre of the pitch when the right sided Liverpool player (presumably Salah) has the ball? There's only a few seconds from the time he loses the ball to Salah making that pass but he just stands still!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This thread's going to get bumped a lot this season, one way or the other.

kidbob

This thread's going to get bumped a lot this season, one way or the other.
Definitely. Look I have nothing against Nunez but obviously am biased against your club. However he gives me cold sweats and reminders of Lukaku (and has any time I seen Benfica and before Liverpool were linked). I'm sure he'll score goals for you, because you have an awesome team but when I think of your best I think of a technical genius like Firmino, who didn't score loads but really tied the entire thing together.

Also unfortunately for Nunez, he has been bought the same summer as Haaland was. So 2 teams who have been toe to toe for the last 4-5 years, who have both signed strikers in the one summer. The lad is inevitably going to be up against, not only his transfer fee, but Haaland himself. Very big pressure for the lad.

Look maybe Klopp will work another miracle and turn him into a superstar but, from what I've seen, this may be your first big transfer mistake (you're bloody due one!!!) in the last few years. Unfortunately for Nunez his form will definitely be a huge focus this year.