Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Getting Berbatov vibes - not in the way he plays, but how Berbatov came to United and it meant we had to try to change the way we play.
And the key to that was a world class manager that could make that change. Ferguson. Not some partially talented upstart like Brendan Rodgers with a chip on his shoulder.

I'm hoping Klopp, being a decent manager or something, knows where the change(s) is needed. And how to implement it correctly.

Harold_Giles

What? Do proper checks on costs? On Redcafe? Are you new here? :p

Anyway, to not disappoint you I checked and you're right. He cost 107 million. Of which you saw zero money back when he left. That's a net loss of 107 million out of your club. That's disastrously "astronomical".
Huge commercial value in Pogba, he probably paid for himself! :wenger:

BerryBerryShrew

Are you debating the amount quoted? I urge you to check for yourself.
Not getting into the prices quoted, but the big difference between us paying bigly for Pogba and ye paying through the nose for Nunez is that Pogba had very obvious quality. The transfer didn't work out because he was injury prone and never developed the footballing intelligence that usually comes with experience, but when we signed him nobody doubted his potential. He had all of the tools but not the toolbox.

Darwin on the other hand is quick, makes good runs in behind and is a very dangerous finisher. However he has an awful touch and no hold up play or link up play whatsoever. I'm not just saying that from the eye test; there are literally statistical measures which show that he is in the bottom few percent of these areas of all strikers in Europe. It is possible to develop these attributes (Andy Cole did it for us) but very often players don't (see Lukaku). The fact that Pogba was a dud doesn't change the fact that he was a much better bet when he was signed by us than Nunez is for ye.

OverratedOpinion

I thought he looked great from the highlights I saw at Benfica.

After seeing him with his shirt off at that fishing trip I now hate him for making me feel bad about myself and want him to fail even more.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Him being Uruguayan rather than Portuguese does make it more probable that he'll be a quality striker.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Is that an astronomical amount then? If it's including add-ons it would mean things like him winning the PL and/or CL and scoring over 25-30 goals per season.

Then £85m is bargain!! No?

Or he doesn't achieve all of that so he costs around £50-60m which is what we'll get for him if we decide to get rid.
Why are you so obsessed with value and sell on values? Most top clubs make their Money through sponsors and TV, not through squeezing an extra couple of million out of lower clubs for crap reserves.

Does it matter how much players cost and how much you sell them for?

Last I heard, net spend League didn’t have a trophy.

Imagine going to the pub and bragging to your mates that the Christmas presents you received were more valuable than the ones you gave.

Aeryis

He might end up scoring goals but my lord is his technique awful.

Eplel

He seems to find himself in goal scoring positions an awful lot of times. If he scores that sitter in the middle of the box, nobody bothers making this lowlight because that looks like a fairly standard game for a striker.
As good as his movements are, his finishing is terrible.
Even in the game that he scored 4, 1 was a pen, 1 was a tap in, and 1 would be easily been parred by a good GK.

Shinjch

Hadn't heard the 125 million pounds figure for Pogba before, how has that been arrived at?

OpenIntrovert

"This guy" is one of the biggest WUMs on here, and it's a miracle he wasn't banned during the cull.
Aint a miracle when you consider loads of posters throwing shameful insults at our players and they are still around. Dumbstar looks angelic as compared to some of them.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Surely this is banter?! Its just 3 games in preseason... For what its worth, his touch is of a Giraffe (lol)
Of course it's banter, no one's gonna judge him this early.

Shinjch

I've not read anyone say he was 125m pounds. Why? Have you? Certainly wasn't me.
What currency were you using in the below then? Feels strange that you wouldn't be using pounds.

The figure I remember from the time was 89 million, didn't know of the 107 million one.

Surely astronomical is losing your best youth talent for free, signing him for 125m, then losing him for free again.

Otherwise you will run out of words for that scenario. :P

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
What currency were you using in the below then? Feels strange that you wouldn't be using pounds.

The figure I remember from the time was 89 million, didn't know of the 107 million one.
Bingo, we have a winner here. Everyone else can go home now. :D

Now you can peacefully read how much Nunez cost, in this Nunez thread, which is apparently astronomical.

Shinjch

Now you can peacefully read how much Nunez cost, in this Nunez thread, which is apparently astronomical.
What currency were you using then? Feels especially strange when you were saying that the Nunez fee was 50-60 million pounds only to change currency for another player in one of your next posts.

My guess is you just got both fees wrong, inflating one and deflating the other, but anyway,

Scottynaldinho

To those who are saying "sure he'll score plenty but..."

Although still young. He's not a prolific goal scorer.

Chief123

The difference is Pogba was a top class player who didn’t work out.

Nunez is shit who probably won’t work out.

cyberman

You’re all over the place here, a bit like Nunez first touch if you’re being honest

Chief123

Have a bet on with a mate that Martial will score more PL goals than Nunez:nervous:
To be fair Nunez will probably get benched near Xmas once Klopp gets frustrated and runs out of excuses. Delete the fee, delete your Twitter, delete any trace that the transfer even happened.

Flexdegea

You’re all over the place here, a bit like Nunez first touch if you’re being honest

:lol:

Them training videos of Nunez are comedy.

Liverpool fans can pretend they ok about it, but nearly every Liverpool man I know seems a bit rattled anytime anybody mentions his highlights so far and his donkey like ability on the ball.

Early early days, but klopp seems more rattled than usual. Guess we will have to see the season out see how it goes, but he giving off so many Carroll and Lukaku vibes seems a step back for Liverpool considering what they already had.

Chief123

Banter aside, if Nunez was a Utd player and we were seeing what he’s done so far in pre-season (which a lot of it isn’t new as his touch has always been poor) after having paid that much for him and then our supposed Messiah coach looking rattled in every interview about him and then having Benfica fans in shock at the amount we paid, we would be very worried about the prospect ahead too. Klopps got his work cut out to make him work without seeing a drop in the teams performance levels of recent seasons.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Think he's going to be eased in (Robertson, Fabinho) rather than thrown in (VVD/ Thiago) throughout the season.

Whether that is due to his his performance in preseason / training or an inability to immediately adapt to his new surroundings/teammates/tactics remains to he seen.

From what I can tell he's had very little time in the friendlies with the likes of TAA/ Robertson/Thiago and Diaz who would be the ones who are looking for him on the end of a cross/through ball.

Definitely some early pressure on him due to the fee and he does look sloppy in possession.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
Think he's going to be eased in (Robertson, Fabinho) rather than thrown in (VVD/ Thiago) throughout the season.

Whether that is due to his his performance in preseason / training or an inability to immediately adapt to his new surroundings/teammates/tactics remains to he seen.

From what I can tell he's had very little time in the friendlies with the likes of TAA/ Robertson/Thiago and Diaz who would be the ones who are looking for him on the end of a cross/through ball.

Definitely some early pressure on him due to the fee and he does look sloppy in possession.
I agree with you. It appears he was bought to bury all those chance their front 4 waste like free napkins at Wendy's. Yes, Mané and Salah waste loads of chance too last season. Origi had better conversion rate but he's gone now and wasn't even playing regularly in the first place. With Minamino also leaving, his purchase seems make sense. He does get into dangerous position and good at getting a shot in afterall.

His understanding with his teammate is still erratic at best. This negate the initial premise that he will finish his chance; the ball didn't reach him regularly in the first place. He seems to have good mentality looking at his history. With more acclimatizing, it will come together. The question is how long.

The more worrying trend is actually Diaz, he seems to unable to find his shooting boots after half a season. He's tremendously skillful but his finishing touch is often off. Jota getting injured is also worrying, he's a supposed to be a safe card they can fall back on. Salah is just Salah, I have learnt not to second-guess him too much.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Jesus at 45 mil is a better deal for me. Diaz Jota and Salah as your front free is solid. Fair I wouldn't count on firminho for a goal so I'd sign another striker, but not Nunez at that price.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Jesus at 45 mil is a better deal for me. Diaz Jota and Salah as your front free is solid. Fair I wouldn't count on firminho for a goal so I'd sign another striker, but not Nunez at that price.
Who?