Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Judas

Open to offers
plenty of our fans were furious we didn’t sign him
The majority. Having never watched him. Based on one season where he massively over performed.

I actually thought he'd at least get goals for them, with everything else being poor. But he looks absolute dirt at the moment. Doesn't help that the team isn't looking right, but the faith in him doesn't seem exactly great right now.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Somebody in here described him as 'pressing Lukaku', and unfortunately that's looking pretty close to the mark the more I see of him.

Lukaku would score about 40 a season in the Portuguese league as well. I'm hoping we go for someone with a bit more to their game than just the finish.
That ball retention ability gives me flashbacks to seeing the ball bouncing off Lukaku like a lamppost coated in flubber multiple times a game. Can massively do without seeing any more of that in a United striker, thanks.
:cool:

Although these posts are looking like they were very harsh on Lukaku, to be fair.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Has your fan base given up on him already or are they still holding out hope?
I’m normally willing to give players time but I think he’s a flop and will never be this goal scorer we want him to be. Klopp made a mistake signing him as Mane’s replacement.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I’m normally willing to give players time but I think he’s a flop and will never be this goal scorer we want him to be. Klopp made a mistake signing him as Mane’s replacement.
Diaz was the Mane replacement surely? Nunez is the Andy Carroll replacement we all were hoping for for so long

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Yeah that's a fair assessment at this stage I'd imagine, klopp definitely got ahead of himself with this one.

Maybe you lot end up getting some value out of him using him as a workhorse, lack of effort is surely not one of his shortcomings.

Swedish_Plumber

He’s completely different to the attackers klopp has signed. Will bang a few goals in no doubt, but he just doesn’t fit with the archetype of Klopps Liverpool.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A totally different player to both the Firminho role and the Mane one.
Not quite sure what Klopp was thinking with this. Was it to better utilise the 50 crosses a game TAA and Robertson pump in?

Between the Mane out and this guy in combo though, it's been a pretty poor trade off so far.

LordSpud

Heres hoping their Board wont drop the 100m+ for Bellingham next year as a result of this dud.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I literally called it.

The hype train in Portugal works wonders.

It’s crazy to think that a guy who was hardly the best or even second best player in Portugal would be worth 100M and would bang in goals for fun in the EPL.

This move was doomed from the start.
You and me and everyone else who watches the Portuguese League regularly said the same.

Genuinely it feels like Liverpool went for him on the basis of their tie against Benfica in the CL, which not coincidentally was the only thing informing their fans' opinion of Nunez. Absolutely baffling.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I mean....have we jumped the gun a bit here on the dud labelling? :lol: He's barely played.
That’s mostly because he head butted a guy in his first home appearance and got banned.

Fully convinced myself he’s a flop and we’ll get nothing good out of him. The way he plays doesn’t suit us at all. No touch or passing ability.

Chief123

Liverpool should have gone for Laturo Martinez for that price. He would have suited Liverpool perfectly with his link up and intensity. There was reports that Inter were open to selling him if the offer was right. He just seems a miles better fit than Nunez.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
That’s mostly because he head butted a guy in his first home appearance and got banned.

Fully convinced myself he’s a flop and we’ll get nothing good out of him. The way he plays doesn’t suit us at all. No touch or passing ability.
Mejbri came on for us against your lot, kicked someone in the leg, and was widely lauded for it across the site. Nothing wrong with a bit of pashun, once as he learns to harness it . He's still yong and lernin'. I dearly, dearly hope he is shite though.

Would you take £40mill for him now?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Mejbri came on for us against your lot, kicked someone in the leg, and was widely lauded for it across the site. Nothing wrong with a bit of pashun, once as he learns to harness it . He's still yong and lernin'. I dearly, dearly hope he is shite though.

Would you take £40mill for him now?
£50 million and he’s yours (inflation etc).

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool should have gone for Laturo Martinez for that price. He would have suited Liverpool perfectly with his link up and intensity. There was reports that Inter were open to selling him if the offer was right. He just seems a miles better fit than Nunez.
I actually think Ivan Toney would’ve made a lot of sense.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I always thought he was just another Lukaku, and was against the idea of spending big on him. Majority of our fans did want him here badly though.

TheLiverBird

He’s only scored 14 goals assisting 3, contributing directly too 17 goals in 8 games

Its not that impressive……

TheReligion

Abusive
It’s great they overpaid massively and even better he actually looks terrible.

They will be lumbered with him too as can’t see them doing a Chelsea like with Lukaku.

FriedClams

There were two occasions today where the goalkeeper anticipated a better strike.

One, Henderson floated a ball over the top and nunez took a nice first touch and could have aimed anywhere, but with his strong foot managed to hit it straight at mcgregor who had dived to one of the corners expecting to have to work for his save.

Then, he was through on goal and from about 18 yards and took an early shot with his left foot, again mcgregor anticipated a better shot so dived to his right but nunez again hit it right down the middle.

Both were pathetic attempts from a striker to be honest. He's just not good.

cyberman

He doesn’t aim from what I see. So many shots are straight on as if he’s just concentrating on getting the ball away. No little side foot finishes etc, just through the laces.