Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

cyberman

Nunez deal at 80m seemed a little weird for his level of ability. Then we went ahead and purchased Casemiro for 70m and Antony for 85. The deal looks perfectly normal now tbh.
It looks shite. Absolute shite. Everybody and their mother pointed out how shit he looked even in the YouTube clips but that was hand waved away by posters who should never judge a players ability on here again.
If he’s worth almost 100m then those two are cheap.

CarbonStoolBites

Why do people keep comparing him to Lukaku?
Guy was scoring 25 league goals for Everton, and 1 in 2 for a shit Mourinho United team with Lingard in the number 10.
Nunez isn’t fit to lace his boots.

Anderson_7_

It's not looking good at the moment, but underestimating Klopp would be foolish. I'll wait a few months to see what he does with him.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Bragging about him scoring on a 3 v 1 attacking drill ffs even Werner stans weren’t this shameless :lol:

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC
There are plenty of players that were probably overpayments; Martial, Antony, Sancho, Havertz, Grealish etc

The difference is that these guys are clearly good players. Whether they were worth what was paid is questionable but none of them struggle with the basics.

Nunez genuinely wouldn't stand out as a professional footballer in a local 5 a side team. He literally cannot control a football, can't pass, has no hold up play and his finishing is erratic. He is quick and makes decent runs in behind but in a 5 a side environment, there is no space to run into behind so half decent bricklayers and plumbers with a first touch would outshine him. Not even joking.
I think he’s useless myself at this level but if you honestly believe what you just wrote you haven’t a clue pal

Mihai

Spoke to a Liverpool fan who is the president of the Liverpool fan club here and he convinced me that Nunez always needs a season to heat up so he will be tearing it up next season. So they are willing to wait, probably.
Just to double check, your friend is the president of the Liverpool fan club in your location?

Tony247

what does minimum ceiling mean? Are there layers of ceilings?

Nunez and Cavani comparison is :lol:

Stacks

Are Man Utd fans the biggest weirdos on fan forums?

Your avg Joe treats football with the tribal spirit that makes it special - defend own players, take the piss out of rival clubs and players.

Utd fans - enter a thread about a rival player who's been utterly wank and defend him by shitting on your own player.
:lol:

Especially considering that Liverpool have been good in the market recently, and this is their first big-money dud in a long while. It's our solemn duty to pile on.
There's a lot of closet City and Liverpool fans on this forum, I'm utterly convinced.
It looks shite. Absolute shite. Everybody and their mother pointed out how shit he looked even in the YouTube clips but that was hand waved away by posters who should never judge a players ability on here again.
If he’s worth almost 100m then those two are cheap.
Hasn't he played something like 259 mins (less than 3 games). How have people seen so much of him? I have barely watched him play

Biggest fraud in football currently?
clearly

Blood Mage

I don’t know which sport do you watch. He’s better than all of them. Peak Cavani will be his minimum ceiling.
Fecking hell, this guy will be lucky to reach peak Javier Hernandez never mind Cavani.

Cloud7

I am really glad we didn’t get him. I would have ended up instantly disliking him like I did Lukaku and then have had to deal with the annoying drawn out phase of waiting for him to leave. Good thing he’s over at that lot.

cyberman

Hasn't he played something like 259 mins (less than 3 games). How have people seen so much of him? I have barely watched him play

clearly
Because he has looked shite and has played in such a low amount of games for his age that he doesn’t have any benefit of the doubt. He scored over half of his career goals in one season last year.
There’s not one metric that didn’t scream red flags to the point not seeing how shit he was is on the same scale of not seeing how good a young Messi was. It’s that obvious.

Brophs

The One and Only
He’s the new Bebe. Albeit slightly less comfortable in a box.

TheReligion

Abusive
Nunez was £85m including add one tbf, no point in naming one player’s base fee vs another’s with addons. They were both shit deals for very different reasons.
Yep. Which is the point I was making to the poster who decided to bring up Antony and Casemiro in a thread about Nunez.

swissgenius

He looked fine until Klopp got his hands on him.
No, he was missing sitters on a daily basis for Benfica too.
Klopp got the maximum out of Robertson, Arnold, Milner etc. so I would be a bit more patient before calling him a flop.

He looks extremely clumsy and uncomfortable on the ball, but he's still a kid. Let's hope it stays that way and he'll be remembered as a failed transfer / anfield donkey but the "told you so" comments in here are quite premature.

Kind of funny that the same posters calling him a failure are defending the Antony signing because it's been only 3 games.
Both have shown nothing so far, only time will tell which of them have been worth the money.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T

clearly
In fairness, getting himself sent over off and suspended for three games after less than 100 minutes of football isn't a wonderful indicator of a great player.

He’s the new Bebe. Albeit slightly less comfortable in a box.
Fecking hell.

Last edited:

Pronewbie

Peep
Yeah. Nunez is bad technically, but I think if Klopp can sort out the midfield and let Nunez just play up top without being involved in the build up it could still work out decently.

He should have gone to Atletico and Joao Felix to Liverpool. Think both would be doing better in those drastically different setups.
Great point.

TheReligion

Abusive
Klopp got the maximum out of Robertson, Arnold, Milner etc. so I would be a bit more patient before calling him a flop.

He looks extremely clumsy and uncomfortable on the ball, but he's still a kid. Let's hope it stays that way and he'll be remembered as a failed transfer / anfield donkey but the "told you so" comments in here are quite premature.

Kind of funny that the same posters calling him a failure are defending the Antony signing because it's been only 3 games.
Both have shown nothing so far, only time will tell which of them have been worth the money.
Probably because Antony doesn’t look like a donkey?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

This is not correct, at least not during last year. He dramatically outperformed his xG last season for Benfica (26 goals from 15.73 xG). It was more the case in 20/21 when he was a total donkey (6 goals from 8.62 xG). You may want to refrain from definitive statements when you haven't actually watched a lot of the subject in question.

He is a flop because two years ago he was considered a total joke and the worst signing of the Portuguese league, then he has one season where he dramatically outperforms his underlying metrics and he's supposed to be worth €100m potentially? Ridiculous. He lacked the technical ability to hack it in Portugal and now he's being found out. Anyone who watches the Portuguese league regularly will tell you the same thing - it's immediately very obvious who the standout players are with the potential to excel elsewhere (e.g. Bruno, Luis Diaz, Matheus Nunes, etc). Darwin wasn't even the best CF in the league last year - that'd be Mehdi Taremi.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Are Man Utd fans the biggest weirdos on fan forums?

Your avg Joe treats football with the tribal spirit that makes it special - defend own players, take the piss out of rival clubs and players.

Utd fans - enter a thread about a rival player who's been utterly wank and defend him by shitting on your own player.
Isnt this a bannable offense? Defending Liverpool players over Manchester United players, as a MUFC fan, should warrant public paddlin.