Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Klopp seems to think Firmino is very important?

You’ll definitely miss Mane in my opinion. He’s suddenly become very underrated now he’s left.
Klopp’s wrong if he thinks that.

We’ll miss him. Of course we will. He’s a quality player. His form comes in spells though similar to our other forwards. I think it’s far fetched to say that he’s the key to everything good we do.

Mane does outperform Salah in finals though and was key in that regard.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Fluked a goal after it got kicked off of him and dropped points to Fulham. Loving this start :D

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
One thing people seem to ignore so far is how important Firmino and Mane were for Liverpool, and with Mane gone and Nunez in starting XI, how exactly are they going to replicate their creativity and ball carrying in the final third?

This guy for all his goals obviously won't create much for Salah, and Salah is quite selfish himself, and Diaz is no Mane either, where will the creativity come from?
Statistically at least Liverpool's main sources of creativity in the league last season were the likes of Salah, TAA, Robertson and Jota. I would imagine that will just continue.

TheReligion

Abusive

TheReligion

Abusive
I still think he’s wrong. Firmino hasn’t been key for us for a while now. At one point last season Salah had played more for Egypt than Firmino had for Liverpool.
That’s fair enough. Just saying your manager thinks he’s ‘crucial’.

I think Firmino should have gone a while ago personally but then I’d also have kept Mane

nickyboy1981

I like how Steve Macca said it was a great lay off for the Salah goal. He's literally trying to control it and bounces into his path the stuffy get!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That’s fair enough. Just saying your manager thinks he’s ‘crucial’.

I think Firmino should have gone a while ago personally but then I’d also have kept Mane
I don’t think we had much choice with Mane. It was either keep him and lose him for free in a year (with him sulking all season) or cash in now. We’d already made the choice to give Salah the money out of the two of them.

If given the choice I would’ve let Firmino leave and kept Mane as well.

Flexdegea

I still think he’s wrong. Firmino hasn’t been key for us for a while now. At one point last season Salah had played more for Egypt than Firmino had for Liverpool.

Imagine thinking the manager who made it all happens and knows how the team ticks, is wrong and your guide is watching matches on TV :lol:

Rake

The stars just seem to align for this guy. An own goal and a terrible touch turned into an assist. He will be the league's top scorer.

Irrational.

Reminds me a little of rodent Suarez in terms of how the bounce of the ball always favoured him. He never looks like he’s in control yet he makes things happen.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
One thing people seem to ignore so far is how important Firmino and Mane were for Liverpool, and with Mane gone and Nunez in starting XI, how exactly are they going to replicate their creativity and ball carrying in the final third?

This guy for all his goals obviously won't create much for Salah, and Salah is quite selfish himself, and Diaz is no Mane either, where will the creativity come from?
Salah is selfish, but he has a good eye for a delivery from out right, even just today he put in a couple very good balls for Nunez, and they've only played a few minutes together. With the threat the fullbacks provide and the ability to transition quickly I don't think creativity will be too much of problem.

Diaz might be no Mane, but neither was Mane when he first joined. He's a good ball carrier, has a lot of dynamicity and fits the team ethos. I thought he was pretty poor today but I think over the season will do well.

Mane was outstanding for Liverpool but I don't think he's irreplaceable, losing that experience will be a big blow especially as they ease in Nunez and give minutes to Elliott and Carvalho, both who are very talented and can offer something different to the others.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
If Klopp really thought Firmino was so important then why does he barely start him?

The forward line for the crucial months of last season was Diaz Mane Salah.

Its obvious from Klopps actions that he doesn't rate Firmino as highly as he suggests, he was also praising Origi all the time and he didn't play either.

TheReligion

Abusive
If Klopp really thought Firmino was so important then why does he barely start him?

The forward line for the crucial months of last season was Diaz Mane Salah.

Its obvious from Klopps actions that he doesn't rate Firmino as highly as he suggests, he was also praising Origi all the time and he didn't play either.
Firmino started today

Dansk

He’s got enough actual technically good players around him he’ll do ok, but it is staggering just how woeful he is on the ball for the price. But he’s been bought to score, and he’ll probably do alright at that.
Problem with players who are only goal-scorers is that all strikers go through a dry spell from time to time, and if they have nothing else in their toolkit, it becomes very hard to accommodate their runs of bad form. The days of the traditional target man are over. They need to be good at more than just finishing. There's a select in the few modern era who have been so good at it that there was no real reason to worry (Ronaldo, Lewandowski, etc.) but it's unlikely that Nunez will reach those heights.

And then they need to be dropped when the goals dry up, and suddenly it becomes very hard to get back into form again. Or they don't get dropped and the results suffer heavily for however long it lasts. Nunez is not the kind of player I expect to thrive at a club that intends to challenge for all trophies every year. Maybe he'll develop his game, he's still young; but as it stands, it's hard to see how he's worth the price. Liverpool were very optimistic with this transfer.

Tarrou

I thought he looked really good

Firmino has feckall chance of staying first choice

I’m loving my life

Absolute fluke once again. He was blundering around like a blind elephant, not even facing the right way towards goal because he’s actually that dense he doesn’t realise which goal he is supposed to look towards, and then flailed his foot backwards and it accidentally Donkey Darwined into the net.

Final verdict: Andy Carroll’s secret Portuguese love child

Bobski

He has come on and immediately bullied the CB he has been up against and caused huge issues for the defense as a group with his physicality and movement in both games. It might not be the most aesthetically pleasing style and our pathetic meme culture will get some mileage from him, but he is going to be a problem for the opposition.

iamking

I watched only the highlights, that finish for 1st goal was world class. He was running like a mad man applying pressure.
And I came to caf straight for comments, seems he played like an offspring of Crouch and Lukaku.

Which one is true? How was he in the game?

cyberman

I watched only the highlights, that finish for 1st goal was world class. He was running like a mad man applying pressure.
And I came to caf straight for comments, seems he played like an offspring of Crouch and Lukaku.

Which one is true? How was he in the game?
He missed the flick!

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Did you actually see it? :lol:

Hoof the ball

He reminds me a bit of Mario Gomez. Really clumsy but just constantly making the right runs so eventually he’ll bundle it in. The big difference between him and all of the other poachers is that he works really hard. The likes of Gomez, Inzaghi, etc. all used to be really lazy, I can’t really remember another poacher that’s so useful out of possession?
Inzaghi was the furthest thing from lazy. Listen to the episode devoted to him on the Gazzetta Football Italia podcast. His old teammates and oppoonents, one after another, all stated that he was nightmare to play against because he "would simply not stop running". Constantly running off the ball, into channels, diagonals to get in the back of his marker. If you switched off for a single moment of even a training game he'd get his goal, and a second, and a third, etc. Inzaghi achieved what he achieved because he was the exact opposite of lazy. He was relentlessly determined.

Chief123

Inzaghi was the furthest thing from lazy. Listen to the episode devoted to him on the Gazzetta Football Italia podcast. His old teammates and oppoonents, one after another, all stated that he was nightmare to play against because he "would simply not stop running". Constantly running off the ball, into channels, diagonals to get in the back of his marker. If you switched off for a single moment of even a training game he'd get his goal, and a second, and a third, etc. Inzaghi achieved what he achieved because he was the exact opposite of lazy. He was relentlessly determined.
Yeah he was an absolute nuisance. He was one of those players that you’ll come up against in 5 aside. Where you can see he’s pretty shit at football, so you kind of take it easy in trying to mark him or track him. Everyone just turns a bit of a blind eye to that guy and focuses on the skilful ones. But then he keeps ending up in the right places because he’s constantly moving around to just tap it in each time.

Matst1

I just watched the game, thought Fulham were very good. Nunez wasn't that bad, he took his goal well and didn't think it was that fluky like his assist. Besides, if his goal was a fluke, how come all the commentators/pundits were saying it was a delightful finish? /s

SirAnderson

I just watched the game, thought Fulham were very good. Nunez wasn't that bad, he took his goal well and didn't think it was that fluky like his assist. Besides, if his goal was a fluke, how come all the commentators/pundits were saying it was a delightful finish? /s
You answered your own question.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
If he keeps scoring and assisting every half of football he plays we're set.

He made loads happen. The amount of strong work he goes through is amazing so far.

TOKUGAWA-X

We could have signed up Darwin, instead we signed up an old diva and now we dont know what to do with him.

We are also relying on Martial, Classic United.

Darwin will expose United awful transfer policies once again.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You have to say his positioning and timing of his runs are world class. This is the reason he scored so many goals.

A bit like a young Cavani he wasn't the tidiest finisher and missed a few, but he got so many chances eventually he'll get something in.

Today was a perfect example of that. He will score plenty for Liverpool, but against the best teams he might cost them.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I'm still waiting for the Utd game in a few weeks to make him my triple captain. :drool: