Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

Statue of Limitations

He is just atrocious.
His touch is so so bad.

His goal was a fluke last week, heck even his assist was a horrific touch that fell kindly for Salah.

Pool have been mugged off, he isn't PL quality.

Oh and what a scum trying to headbutt before succeeding the second time, well deserved red.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
He is just atrocious.
His touch is so so bad.

His goal was a fluke last week, heck even his assist was a horrific touch that fell kindly for Salah.

Pool have been mugged off, he isn't PL quality.

Oh and what a scum trying to headbutt before succeeding the second time, well deserved red.
You could say, he's a "Statue of Limitations"...right...right? I'll get my coat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
How long do we think the ban will be? Gotta be extended beyond 3, right? The dude should be in a prison cell tonight.
It's Liverpool so Andersen is likely out for 4 to 5 games.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Great to see. Anderson played him like a fiddle all night, in the end Darwin got frustrated and lashed out. Great performance by Anderson, very childish from nunez. Going to be a steep learning curve for him

AmanNits04

Liverpool don't really have the resources to spend that much money on a shiny new striker and get it wrong.

It would be fecking brilliant if he really does turn out to be a petulant donkey. It'd set them back in a big way imo.
About time one of their big money signings flops, they have been signing hit after hit. Last one I remember who didn't live up to thr hype was Kieta

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Great to see. Anderson played him like a fiddle all night, in the end Darwin got frustrated and lashed out. Great performance by Anderson, very childish from nunez. Going to be a steep learning curve for him
Around 43 second mark, Nunez lost it completely and had a wing at Anderson, luckily for him he didn't connect.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Our team could do with a lunatic like bug Dunc to rattle a few of their cages

This Darwin character might just be the catalyst for liverpools drop off in dominance.
I hope so
Obviously it’s very early days but for me he’s not the type that they are used to for their system. It’s a strange signing from that point of view. But he’s young so we will see

mctrials23

Will be a 3 game ban and nothing more. You can see that the media are already dismissing it. Inexperienced, Klopp will be disappointed, he will be disappointed in himself, he will learn from this.

Nothing about the fact he tried to headbutt the guy twice and succeeded once. The media darlings of English football can do no wrong. Liverpool are there when they want to fawn and United are there when they want to mock.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Comes across as a player you want as a sub to disrupt the game rather than a starter in a top side.

Hughes35

Striker coming from a league where he is used to physically bullying CB's and now is coming up against bigger boys.

Doesn't look great to me. I think he will do Ok for them because he works hard and they make chances but I'm not convinced he's the real deal.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
If that’s all it takes to rattle him up, opposition CBs will be doing dark arts on him all 90 to get him out of his groove. Klopp will need to rein him in massively

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If that’s all it takes to rattle him up, opposition CBs will be doing dark arts on him all 90 to get him out of his groove. Klopp will need to rein him in massively
Don't think it will be a problem going forward. He'll have already been talked to, this has no place in his (anyone's) game and I think it could be a long spell on the bench if he pulls something like this again.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
It's basically a recipe for what all other defenders will do now when playing against Nuñez.

justsomebloke

Personally I think he's going to be great for them, once he adjusts mentally to what level of interference he has to take for granted in the PL, and once the team adjusts to him. Looks like a top player to me. But yesterday in the first half, Liverpool kept doing the same thing over and over: Lifting balls into the middle of the box for him to chase. Too predictable, and didn't do them any favors. With him and Diaz, they've become faster, more direct and more physical in their attacking game. So far, that doesn't seem to be working that well for them.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Dominance refers to consistently winning the biggest trophies, not the style of play IMO
well we can split hairs on what it means but they have been dominant in every game they play in for years and been a kick away from major titles

Anything that weakens them is good

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
There's a thesis brewing with this lad about the psychological warfare of being dubbed a banter player...it's a designation Harry Maguire has never recovered from and right now Nunez is struggling with getting the label before he even started competitive games.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Very naive in his performance against Palace.

Just like teams are using Martinez and his height as a weakness, teams will now set out to target Nunez and his delicate mentality.

Still think he'll bang in goals for fun eventually :(

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Great job by Anderson that. Absolutely got in his head, made a battle all night long and eventually got him sent off.

Why aren't we signing players like this?! he seems class.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
@MUFC OK what exactly did you see in this donkey that you thought made him such a talent. I want to know how you could possibly watch this guy and not realise he lacks even the basics. Even when he hit the post, he had completely scuffed the shot.
He does have brilliant movement, a great work rate and very quick.

It's not impossible to see why people would rate him, Liverpool spent 80m for a reason.

He clearly does need a lot of work to tidy up things though.

Chief123

He’s certainly not looked a player who’s going to fit in quickly simply because of his limited ability. His movement is great but his technique and finishing is so poor. For Liverpool where you need to win virtually every game to compete for title, there’s just going to be far too many key moments which Nunez fails on. Even last night that should have been 2 goals and game over for him.

He’s going to be a frustrating player to play with and watch. He’ll score a fair share of goals which will keep Liverpool persisting with him in the hope he can improve his major weaknesses.

Idxomer

He looks like he's on something and I'm not just talking about asthma inhalers.

Mike Smalling

Protect Darwin. LFC Fans are Rattled
"... or stuff like this can happen". What stuff exactly :lol: ? Him not getting a sniff and then getting himself sent off? He was so easily rattled, that he will now be targeted by CBs across the league. Hopefully he never learns.

Great job by Anderson that. Absolutely got in his head, made a battle all night long and eventually got him sent off.

Why aren't we signing players like this?! he seems class.
I like him a lot as a player, and I do believe he is top 6-8 material in the PL. His downside is probably that he is not the quickest CB, so if he was playing a high line, he might get caught out.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Hate to spoil the party, but the failings we see in Nunez will have been picked up in scouting notes. Klopp knew he wasn’t buying a forward with a perfect first touch. He knew he was volatile.

He’ll have a bedding in period and score shitloads for them.