Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

TheReligion

Abusive
It's hard to say, he's 22 with decent numbers and potential and strikers are hard to come by these days. United will probably need one in the summer. You'll probably be spending 100m +
Nah I doubt it. That said we will have significant funds especially as Ronaldo will be gone.

A-man

He’s still worth nowhere near 100m
I hope I’m wrong, but I have that awful feeling that he might will be a success in the end. When I’ve watched him, there seems to be some small pieces missing, and I think that when he get his stuff together, he will score a huge amount of goals.

cyberman

What? A young Rooney is not enough to win the league, Rooney didn’t score 20 goals in the PL till 2009-10.
He was 24 in 2009? and we won the league and CL double with him as our striker a year before that.
A false 9 type striker who can play anywhere along the front 3 plus as a 9, who is incredibly creative with pace and power and a workhorse to boot. He would be the perfect modern striker.
in an era when the likes of Firminho and Bernardo Silva seems to dictate play and are crucial to league dominating sides when on form…Rooney would be devastating

Righteous Steps

He was 24 in 2009? and we won the league and CL double with him as our striker a year before that.
A false 9 type striker who can play anywhere along the front 3 plus as a 9, who is incredibly creative with pace and power and a workhorse to boot. He would be the perfect modern striker.
in an era when the likes of Firminho and Bernardo Silva seems to dictate play and are crucial to league dominating sides when on form…Rooney would be devastating
Oh thought you meant young Rooney as in from 18-22, even though he was still young in 2009 as you say. He would be great but don’t think enough to win the league, Man City for example have a player in Haaland who will end up maybe the best goal scorer the league has seen, and arguably the most creative midfielder to play in the league in De Bruyne. He would be devastating though as you say, but even then the teams Rooney played in had maybe 4-5 players who could play in a world xi, United have none at the moment so a single Rooney wouldn’t be enough.

cyberman

Oh thought you meant young Rooney as in from 18-22, even though he was still young in 2009 as you say. He would be great but don’t think enough to win the league, Man City for example have a player in Haaland who will end up maybe the best goal scorer the league has seen, and arguably the most creative midfielder to play in the league in De Bruyne. He would be devastating though as you say, but even then the teams Rooney played in had maybe 4-5 players who could play in a world xi, United have none at the moment so a single Rooney wouldn’t be enough.
I dont think you need world class players around Rooney. Look at City without Haaland today, a world class striker covers up so much and elevates others beyond their level.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I think they’ll give you too much trouble than they should. You might get by today but Spurs front 3 would punish you next week as all teams who you have played away have this season. You aren’t a bad team which is why you aren’t going to lose every game by being exposed but the worst that can come of it is inconsistency which you have in spades.
Thats the reason why Leeds will have you on here saying how we’re going to lose this or how crap we are in almost every game day thread you’ve been on here this season.
I’m expecting Leeds to miss a boat load of chances as a lot of teams at Anfield have this season so scrapping by wouldn’t prove anything.
Yeah I don’t deny we’ve been crap this season. I don’t think that’s because of Nunez though. There are plenty of other issues there.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
He’s shat the bed with that chance.
from watching him, i think he’s one of those kinds of players that if he has too long to think about it, he’ll fluff his lines. he’s far better off having to think fast and try to finish without having any time to think and that’s when his first touch lets him down.

Chief123

from watching him, i think he’s one of those kinds of players that if he has too long to think about it, he’ll fluff his lines. he’s far better off having to think fast and try to finish without having any time to think and that’s when his first touch lets him down.
Yeah he really doesn’t like thinking about what he needs to do. It’s not a good weakness to have though!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Come on donkey of chaos. You've done the first part of the chaos, now unleash the other part in the second half!! :D

cyberman

Love the chaos. Just the two missed 1v1 as they drop more points.
Agent of chaos indeed

Flexdegea

Can't wait to someone comes in and tells us everyone will have egg on their faces end of season for pointing out his limitations

Chief123

Can't wait to someone comes in and tells us everyone will have egg on their faces end of season for pointing out his limitations
:lol: :lol:

Another absolutely shite performance. Missing massive chances has cost Liverpool the game today.

Aside from being a foot taller than everybody else, youd need to check the teamsheets to find out if hes actually on the field. Every time I watch Liverpool he looks like he's on a different team to the rest of them.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Two goals with his head were enough for fans to change opinion about him. Bloody hell.
100 mil for bad version of Oliver Bierhoff

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
he'll get his stats but he made liverpool bad again

MLBA

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Cyberman doesn't look at stats. He uses his own eyes, as do the others on this forum. As long as he scores one, likely yet another winning goal, but misses a handful and falls over ungracefully then everything is fine. :wenger:
Lukaku taught us that stats don't tell you everything. :wenger:

It obvious Nunez isn't a top player.

Chief123

Cyberman doesn't look at stats. He uses his own eyes, as do the others on this forum. As long as he scores one, likely yet another winning goal, but misses a handful and falls over ungracefully then everything is fine. :wenger:
That winner didn’t arrive. The misses certainly did. He fell over ungracefully. Everything isn’t fine. It’s glorious.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't think this aged like how you wanted it to.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Wait a serious post, from you?

That's a first.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He will always fluff those chances. He isn’t technically sound enough. First time shots would be where he excels

He’s still shite though

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Seems to have poor instincts in front of goal. Every top striker would have continued to go wide here or curled it around the keeper.

Why turn back into a goalkeeper and a CB who is recovering.