Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Which doesn't necessarily make up for all his other flaws.
Well I didn't say it did.

But I'm fine with people thinking he's ok cos he runs a lot.
I don't think he's ok cause he runs a lot.

It was in response to this

I think there are plenty of other issues to look at other than Nunez coming into the team. We're being outran by every team we play against for starters.
So I do think it's probably beneficial to have a guy who's running around and scoring goals but that's just me.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Well I didn't say it did.
I didn't say that you said that, just continuing on from the conversation on his running stats. He obviously brings effort to that front line, but his lack of technical ability for me is more detrimental than what he brings on the whole, at this point in time.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He obviously brings effort to that front line, but his lack of technical ability for me is more detrimental than what he brings on the whole, at this point in time.

I haven't watched him (or Liverpool) as much as most on here most likely but when I have seen him (or Liverpool) they look better with him at the moment than without him.

He was very good in the first half vs Southampton for example ( I didnt see the second half) where he was a constant threat, linked up well with the other players, work hard in pressing/ defense and should have had 2 assists if not for some poor finishing from Salah/ Firmino (or good goalkeeping from Bazunu) so I would have said he was far an away the most impactful player on the pitch in those 45 and definitely the best player in their Frontline.

So I can only go on what I've seen of him and recently he looks better (and Liverpool look better with him) than he did early on.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
I didn't say that you said that, just continuing on from the conversation on his running stats. He obviously brings effort to that front line, but his lack of technical ability for me is more detrimental than what he brings on the whole, at this point in time.
lack of technical ability for me is more detrimental than what he brings on the whole
Is this factual or largely theoretical?
He's a constant threat, create big chances for team mates, score goals and helps out defence.
Jesus on a bike, people are hard to please.

gregor

The Uruguayan Emile Heskey.

His ball control is so bad, there was a moment in yesterday's game when he overhit a pass to Valverde, and Valverde just rolled his eyes.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
lack of technical ability for me is more detrimental than what he brings on the whole
Is this factual or largely theoretical?
He's a constant threat, create big chances for team mates, score goals and helps out defence.
Jesus on a bike, people are hard to please.
One more Liverpool fan with support field filled with random name, must be a record. So many Liverpool and City fans put some random names in support field and never ever posts about that club. It's always about Liverpool and City and always in favor of them.

30% posts in Nunez thread, more than 70-80% about Liverpool supporting Nunez, Salah and other players.

Not sure why they want to pretend as neutral and praise Liverpool.

Tarrou

having seen him at the world cup he seems like an even bigger donkey in real life than on tele

I don't even think his movement is that good either

Chief123

having seen him at the world cup he seems like an even bigger donkey in real life than on tele

I don't even think his movement is that good either
He is a headache to build a team around as he clearly has some qualities which are useful such as his blistering pace….he is rapid! Combined with his constant movement, you feel he has attributes to be dangerous.

But then the major problem comes down to his technical ability. He can look really poor far too often. Also seems to be a head down, run into dead ends merchant.

If he can improve the technical aspect of his game, he can be a dangerous forward but right now he’s looking awkward too often.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Looks like he has loads of potential, and needs to sort his head out a bit. Might be a tad too early to write him off in the PL, yet, I think he'll eventually have that frustratingly consistent output of a striker who's mostly good but seldom great. The-output-now-isn't-bad-but-wish-he'd-kick-on-and-find-his-true-potential type of CF who gets 10-15 goals every season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He's coming home, he's coming home, he's coming, Darwin's coming home. :D

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If anything I feel more convinced he isn't going to work out at Liverpool. He was playing with different players and against weaker opposition and still looked shit.

Cloud7

Uruguay may very well have been better if he had gotten sent off and they had to play with ten men

Strats

Impressive how Uruguay have two of the most punchable faces in him and Suarez.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
One more Liverpool fan with support field filled with random name, must be a record. So many Liverpool and City fans put some random names in support field and never ever posts about that club. It's always about Liverpool and City and always in favor of them.

30% posts in Nunez thread, more than 70-80% about Liverpool supporting Nunez, Salah and other players.

Not sure why they want to pretend as neutral and praise Liverpool.
Naaah, I have my own hometown team to support, my old man used to play for them.
Sadly they recently has been launguishing in 3rd tier league in my country; only gets to watch them when I happen to visit now that I have emigrated.

EPL is broadcasted freely so it's easy to follow; used to be Serie A in the past and at one time La Liga too.
Darwin is one of those enigma with rather extreme highs and lows, so it's fun to follow his development.
He seems to be earnest worker albeit naive, it's easy to get behind.
As of now, I have more good things than bad things to say about him.

Last edited:

NoPace

He is a headache to build a team around as he clearly has some qualities which are useful such as his blistering pace….he is rapid! Combined with his constant movement, you feel he has attributes to be dangerous.

But then the major problem comes down to his technical ability. He can look really poor far too often. Also seems to be a head down, run into dead ends merchant.

If he can improve the technical aspect of his game, he can be a dangerous forward but right now he’s looking awkward too often.
I sort of think it'll work out in the long run because he can platoon with Jota and improve his technical ability over the next 2-3 years while sometimes getting benched for Jota as the team is still built around Salah and Diaz. Also I think Harvey Elliot looks really promising with his passing so he might be able to just play a similar role to the one Haaland does where he's ignored in the build up and they play a 4-2-3-1 type thing, though they badly need Bellingham or another quality CM to make it work.

He'll cost them some games (and trophies) with his technical issues, but what he did to Ajax last year was impressive. Not a lot of 9s with the pace to peg teams back and the aerial ability to win knock downs and score goals against a low block from crosses. And they must think he'll improve over the next few years. Big change for Salah in a 9 though, not sure they fit together.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That one was was very bad.

He's strolling, close to the goal, has the time to take a look and still doesn't even get close to the target.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't understand why he struggles so much to hit the target from good positions
It's generally because he is shit. He reminds me of bad Barcelona version of Suarez, very inconsistent and erratic, but does few things right and generally runs like a maniac and gets himself in good chances which means he will eventually still score some goals.

Flexdegea

Baffling me how bad he is at the moment, his miss collection way worse than Lukaku pisstake videos when he played for us.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
The problem with the inflated striker market in a nutshell… there is literally no one available that is actually worth huge money right now, which paradoxically means everyone’s gonna end up panic paying that for the scraps.