Darwin Núñez | Liverpool player | Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shish

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Couple of moths ago, 80% didnt even know who he was, now people are getting depressed over him joining Liverpool for 80-100m. If we have a transfer budget of 200m, then spending half of it on a player that has performed on a high level in a B league and playing in a position that is probably 4th on our priority list, doesnt make sense. With that said, he might show himself be worth every penny, but we as a club are not in a position to spend that much money on a potential. We need to sign 1 CDM, 1 CM, 1 CB, 1 FB, 1 RW and a backup for Ronaldo if he stays. 200m wont get us players like Nunez or Haaland right now. We need to rebuild a TEAM, then invest in players like Nunez. Liverpool have Salah, Diaz, Jota, Firminho and now Nunez (also Mane ATM) - we have Ronaldo who is close to 40, Martial that doesnt want to play for us, Rashford that hasnt been in form for 15 months, Greenwood that might end up in prison.

Congrats to Liverpool and him, but lets move on, we have bigger problem then this.

Reactions: Solius

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
I just can’t believe how quickly we get business done these days. It was so frustrating years ago when Liverpool missed out on impact players like this and constantly dragging their feet and it wasn’t just the higher fees that precluded us from getting players, it was also the fear of taking that risk on a player. Now we just get what we need like Núñez and Diaz and move on.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I just can’t believe how quickly we get business done these days. It was so frustrating years ago when Liverpool missed out on impact players like this and constantly dragging their feet and it wasn’t just the higher fees that precluded us from getting players, it was also the fear of taking that risk on a player. Now we just get what we need like Núñez and Diaz and move on.
It helps when you overpay

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It helps when you overpay
It sure does but when the player fits in and plays well in a great system the price fades away from memory and that has how it has been for these last few years.Speaking of that how do you think united will handle FDJ and will they relent and overpay.

Jibbs

Couple of moths ago, 80% didnt even know who he was, now people are getting depressed over him joining Liverpool for 80-100m. If we have a transfer budget of 200m, then spending half of it on a player that has performed on a high level in a B league and playing in a position that is probably 4th on our priority list, doesnt make sense. With that said, he might show himself be worth every penny, but we as a club are not in a position to spend that much money on a potential. We need to sign 1 CDM, 1 CM, 1 CB, 1 FB, 1 RW and a backup for Ronaldo if he stays. 200m wont get us players like Nunez or Haaland right now. We need to rebuild a TEAM, then invest in players like Nunez. Liverpool have Salah, Diaz, Jota, Firminho and now Nunez (also Mane ATM) - we have Ronaldo who is close to 40, Martial that doesnt want to play for us, Rashford that hasnt been in form for 15 months, Greenwood that might end up in prison.

Congrats to Liverpool and him, but lets move on, we have bigger problem then this.
Oh ffs…. He’s among top 3 best young forwards. Peach of a signing and utterly depressing as a United supporter. Hope we sign somebody like Nkunku this year or next.

Jibbs

It sure does but when the player fits in and plays well in a great system the price fades away from memory and that has how it has been for these last few years.Speaking of that how do you think united will handle FDJ and will they relent and overpay.
You bet we would. A very Harry Maguire kind of feeling for FDJ.

Kramer

All the pool supporters here are in for a rude shock.

This guy is far from a finished product and will take a while to adjust to the premier league. And he may never succeed at all.

Losing Mane will be a huge blow to the balance of the team. Nunez will not contribute in the build up at all to the desired level.

redcucumber

Oh ffs…. He’s among top 3 best young forwards. Peach of a signing and utterly depressing as a United supporter. Hope we sign somebody like Nkunku this year or next.
You bet we would. A very Harry Maguire kind of feeling for FDJ.
So Liverpool didn't overpay for Nunez who's had 12 good months in the Portuguese league having bought him for £85m, whereas we will being doing another Maguire if we sign Frenkie De Jong for £60-70m, a player that has been playing at a consistently high level at both Ajax and Barca for the past 5 years? Righto..

Jibbs

So Liverpool didn't overpay for Nunez who's had 12 good months in the Portuguese league having bought him for £85m, whereas we will being doing another Maguire if we sign Frenkie De Jong for £60-70m, a player that has been playing at a consistently high level at both Ajax and Barca for the past 5 years? Righto..
FDJ has been very underwhelming at Barcelona. Nunez has proven himself in Champions League. He has all attributes of a top striker. While jury is still out for FDJ, he has done nothing exceptional in his career up till now.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
FDJ has been very underwhelming at Barcelona. Nunez has proven himself in Champions League. He has all attributes of a top striker. While jury is still out for FDJ, he has done nothing exceptional in his career up till now.
:lol: Maybe you need to do bit of research there. Nunez who played 10 games in CL is CL proven but the player who won Champions league midfielder of the year is yet to achieve anything exceptional in his career.

He won UEFA midfielder of the year, made FIFA pro world 11 team, UEFA team of the year.

Nunez might go on to become Benzema or Mbappe, doesn't change the fact that this post is just wrong.

TheLiverBird

We are paying £64 million for Nunez

All this clap trap about spending £80-100 million is BS and people just trying to make out we’ve “over paid”

If he flopps, he’ll be a £64 million flopp

if he’s a success, features regularly and helps us win trophies, he’ll be an £85 million success story which will be money well spent

but right now, he’s a £64 million signing

no where near this 100 million crap folks are branding around

I think at £64m he’s certainly worth a punt especially with the season he’s just had. In todays footballing world, when you have a season like he’s just had in one of the top 8 leagues in Europe, the price is probably to be expected

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

All this clap trap about spending £80-100 million is BS and people just trying to make out we’ve “over paid”

if he’s a success, features regularly and helps us win trophies, he’ll be an £85 million success story which will be money well spent

I think at £64m he’s certainly worth a punt
Cool story.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton

I think at £64m he’s certainly worth a punt especially with the season he’s just had. In todays footballing world, when you have a season like he’s just had in one of the top 8 leagues in Europe, the price is probably to be expected
:lol: I hear what you're saying though. One of my biggest footballing pet peeves.

redcucumber

Two of the three addons are related to number of appearances, aren't they? 10 games and then 60 games? So that takes the deal up to around £77m, with the final £8m being based on whether or not you win the CL. That's my understanding of the deal.

TheLiverBird

Two of the three addons are related to number of appearances, aren't they? 10 games and then 60 games? So that takes the deal up to around £77m, with the final £8m being based on whether or not you win the CL. That's my understanding of the deal.
Apparently a further £4.3 million after 10 games yes, so quite quickly it could rise too £68.3 million

still a considerable distance from 100 million isn’t it

a further £8 million after 60 apps which is 1 possibly 2 seasons away injuries depending

Kramer

I think at £64m he’s certainly worth a punt
Not really. Unless you know all the details of the clauses in the contract.

A lot of clauses will be based on hitting a number of appearances, goals, teams overall success (winning league, CL).

Just look at Martial. We ended up paying most of the variable to Monaco. Nobody would call him a success. Didn’t Coutinho end up winning the CL with Bayern and Barca had to pay you?

Nunez for all practical purposes a 100 Mn euro player. And will need to play with the pressure of that tag. And most ~100 Mn euro players do not live up to the price tag. (Pogba, Griezman, Felix, Coutinho, Dembele, Lukaku, Hazard).

The post Michael Edwards era will be fun!

Oranges038

64m for a guy who'll probably end up being asthmatic, football is gone mad.

redcucumber

Apparently a further £4.3 million after 10 games yes, so quite quickly it could rise too £68.3 million

still a considerable distance from 100 million isn’t it

a further £8 million after 60 apps which is 1 possibly 2 seasons away injuries depending
So for all intents and purposes it's not £64m, is it. Much closer to £80m, with it then spiralling upwards should you win the CL. Massive transfer, biggest since the Coutinho millions were used up? Basically needs to be a success.

Telsim

The fee and Liverpool's interest put him firmly outside our reach. He was never coming here, so I'm not fussed about that specifically. Besides, I have doubts about him. I don't think he is worth it, but under Klopp who knows, right?

What I'm fussed about however is Liverpool's manner of business. Wam, bam, done. They could have considered, explored, discussed, monitored, thought about him for 5 years for all I care, but they didn't let their interest be known. For all we know it happened within a week. This is how it's done.

redcucumber

The fee and Liverpool's interest put him firmly outside our reach. He was never coming here, so I'm not fussed about that specifically. What I'm fussed about however is Liverpool's manner of business. Wam, bam, done. They could have considered, explored, discussed, monitored, thought about him for 5 years for all I care, but they didn't let their interest be known. For all we know it happened within a week. This is how it's done.
If United kowtowed to Barca's demands in the same way that Liverpool have done with Benfica, the De Jong deal would be done by now. Negotiating obviously takes longer than outright paying the asking price.

TheLiverBird

Not really. Unless you know all the details of the clauses in the contract.

A lot of clauses will be based on hitting a number of appearances, goals, teams overall success (winning league, CL).

Just look at Martial. We ended up paying most of the variable to Monaco. Nobody would call him a success. Didn’t Coutinho end up winning the CL with Bayern and Barca had to pay you?

Nunez for all practical purposes a 100 Mn euro player. And will need to play with the pressure of that tag. And most ~100 Mn euro players do not live up to the price tag. (Pogba, Griezman, Felix, Coutinho, Dembele, Lukaku, Hazard).

The post Michael Edwards era will be fun!
He’s not practically a 100 Euro player though

far from it, that’s your take on the media hype of him being an £85 million signing

he’s not

he’s a £64 million signing, it’s literally in the details

first add on kicks in after 10 games making him a £68 million signing or in euros €78 million

the further add ons could take a year or so too kick in, unless he contributes to us winning trophies, in which case he’ll be worth the extra

TheLiverBird

So for all intents and purposes it's not £64m, is it. Much closer to £80m, with it then spiralling upwards should you win the CL. Massive transfer, biggest since the Coutinho millions were used up? Basically needs to be a success.
When does he become closer to an £80 million signing?

Now?

big rons sovereign

far from it, that’s your take on the media hype of him being an £85 million signing

he’s not

first add on kicks in after 10 games making him a £68 million signing or in euros €78 million

the further add ons could take a year or so too kick in, unless he contributes to us winning trophies, in which case he’ll be worth the extra
Irritating when they add numbers to transfers isn't it?

redcucumber

Now?
This time next year, potentially. Isn't this how most deals work in football? Typically being built around instalments and addons? Strange thing to get a bee in your bonnet about.

TheLiverBird

This time next year, potentially. Isn't this how most deals work in football? Typically being built around instalments and addons? Strange thing to get a bee in your bonnet about.
I mean I guess it does look like I’ve got a bee in my bonnet about it but I haven’t :lol: I promise

I just think it’s factual incorrect to say we’ve spent €100 million on a player when we clearly haven’t

When/if we eventually pay €100m, it’ll be because he’s been a success or over time triggered his add ons, until then he’s no where near that sum yet, still a marquee signing as well like, not saying we paid peanuts for him either

either way I think most would agree he’a potentially a great addition to the Liverpool squad with all his traits and attributes he’s thus far shown

let’s see if that will transition to the EPL, our big signings of late have done outstanding so far so the strike rate looks promising

Oranges038

Yes, if he manages to play 10 games and then another 50 games. Let's call a spade a spade.
It's potentially worth 85m.

It's 64m + 4m after 10 games. Etc.. etc..

Don't see a ballon d'or clause in there though.

Kramer

Now?
When you spend that much on someone, it’s highly likely they will make about 60 appearances for the club you know.

You said it yourself. 76 M pounds by appearance number 60. So yeah 90 M euros.

So yes, he could end up being (very likely) a very expensive failure. When you pay that much for someone, pay them 150k and they don’t work out, the player becomes very hard to sell.

TheReligion

Abusive

he’s not

The add ons are primarily appearance based. He will of course play for you even if you win nothing.

The deal is huge and overpriced. Period.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool

Your 'bigger problems' started when your focus went towards the £500k/week vanity signing instead of midfield last summer. I and others on here said so with the usual 'WUM' retorts.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

he’s not

But those are easily achievable appearance related add-ons. If the fee jumps from £64m to £77m after just 60 appearances, which we're certain will happen unless something drastic hapens with him, then it's a bit disingenuous to say he's a £64m signing. I get the team success related add-ons that people tack onto the deal is a bit much but these mini appearance related add-ons that get activated after 10 games and then 60 games are add-ons we all know will be paid by Liverpool.