Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
A few reports coming out saying he’s rejected us and Newcastle as he wants to play in the CL next season..

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
Well he's shit out of luck then because us, Newcastle and Arsenal are the only teams in for him in the PL.
Bayern needs a replacement for Lewa. Anyway its more logical to go for a versitile attacker this summer and a number 9 next summer when Ronaldo leaves.

MrSingh2002

He now has to hope one of the Champo teams want to spend a large amount of money on a player that had one good season.

NewYorkRed

I mean we may still get him.

I can see us getting Nkuku + a big name midfielder and then a couple of cheaper defenders/midfielders.

Chairman Steve

I was under the impression that he’s only coming if Ronaldo leaves, plus the reports of a versatile forward seems more accurate to Nkunku or even Antony (who I believe can play left despite being mostly right sided).

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I didn't even really want him but I imagine this will happen with a lot of our targets this summer. Blame the players, blame the board, blame the manager, blame whoever. This was entirely predictable and this season has likely put us back years, if you don't make CL then you'll miss out on CL level players and thus will continue to miss out on it, a vicious cycle. I'd be very surprised if we actually got anyone decent in, the recruitment has a lot to prove this summer.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
That's fine. I'm not too excited about him. I'm more excited about FDJ. IMO, FDJ is the spine of ETH's rebuild. Nunez isn't.

Remember the geese

Very disappointing. He was my first choice for the striker position. I'm concerned that this might be a difficult window for us. All of our midfield targets have their own complications too. I do have faith in ten Hag though, so that is something.

SATA

I didn't even really want him but I imagine this will happen with a lot of our targets this summer. Blame the players, blame the board, blame the manager, blame whoever. This was entirely predictable and this season has likely put us back years, if you don't make CL then you'll miss out on CL level players and thus will continue to miss out on it, a vicious cycle. I'd be very surprised if we actually got anyone decent in, the recruitment has a lot to prove this summer.
It’s just a year, minimum. Zlatan and Pogba came here to play in the Europa and massively helped United to the CL the following season. If this Darwin bloke doesn’t want any of that, he can bugger off really

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It’s just a year, minimum. Zlatan and Pogba came here to play in the Europa and massively helped United to the CL the following season. If this Darwin bloke doesn’t want any of that, he can bugger off really
That was a long time ago now though, now we just look like a talent graveyard with a toxic squad. Even if it's not 100% true the narrative has taken hold and that's very difficult to shake off.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Honestly would prefer Nkunku over him. I don't think he's the big money signing we need this summer. Big money needs to be midfield or RW.

Uniquim

Why would any player want to play in the Champions League next year?
Champions League in 2023-24 is what it's all about for players. He should reconsider.

didz

It’s not a ying or a yang. Being direct is great but we need someone who can bring others into play and contribute on the team play in the final third other than just finishing.
Oh I would absolutely agree with that. I don't think he's the right man for us because I really think he'd end up playing off the left wing. He reminds me of yesteryear's Rashford.

We don't have anyone in the squad who is good with their back to goal, whereas we have a lot of players who can run onto the ball.

Maybe ten Hag won't want a number 9 anyway and will use his 18/19 Ajax team as a loose blueprint, but in that case, we don't need a left sided forward, we need a left footed one.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He would’ve cost too much anyway. We have to be a bit smarter if we’re going to stretch 100 odd million over 5 players.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not watched this guy at all but from what I've read, he's hardly the pinnacle of footballing ability. Sounds closer to a younger Lukaku, even if the Belgian's inability to do basic football things is hard to match.

I would much rather we go for someone who's versatile, quick and can fit into a pressing system than an overpriced one-season (so far) wonder.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
He’s a bit of a donkey is he not? Not interested in players with poor technical ability. We’ve been indulging in that for far too long.

Zoo

A Benfica player turning down Manchester United :lol:

I hope we don’t intend to buy him again when we are back in business
Can only think that PSG have come in strongly for him.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That was a long time ago now though, now we just look like a talent graveyard with a toxic squad. Even if it's not 100% true the narrative has taken hold and that's very difficult to shake off.
Eh not that hard, maybe just 1 summer of struggle until we show on the pitch we're sorting ourselves up

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
A Benfica player turning down Manchester United :lol:

I hope we don’t intend to buy him again when we are back in business
I know init… the cheek! Our name alone should make players jump at the chance to join us..: but coming from a crappy Portuguese division. Players don’t understand that missing 1 season of no CL isn’t a big deal when you can easily be in it the year after. Playing in the prem should be an attractive proposition in it self.

Joseunited

No big deal.Anyone who doesn't want to join the Ten Hag revolution can feck off.
They will regret it.

LordSpud

I can see this sort of thing happening repeatedly this summer. Think we will end up going for 3rd or 4th targets in the end which wont do is any favours.

Strootman's Finger

I can't stand this must be in the Champions League clause most players have. Are you lot planning to get a career ending injury in your first season or do you not have any confidence in your own ability to help us get in the CL? Bloody hell, we aren't Burnley, we'll obviously be back in the CL.

macheda14

We got Pogba and Ibra in a year we didn’t have CL. I don’t think players are actually that short sighted. Is there really a huge difference going to Spurs for one year who have CL but will likely go out at the last 16 or United who will likely be back and also pay more whilst being a more famous club?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I can't stand this must be in the Champions League clause most players have. Are you lot planning to get a career ending injury in your first season or do you not have any confidence in your own ability to help us get in the CL? Bloody hell, we aren't Burnley, we'll obviously be back in the CL.
Seen this one too many times from reports and was going to post it myself.

Would these players have rejected Barca in January because they dropped to Europa and looked like they wouldnt make top 4? Bollocks they would

adam118

Also, I want players who believe they can be the player to take us back there- not just handed it on a plate.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Can't say I'd blame him if he didn't fancy United at the minute. No club in England for now can guarantee CL football every year apart from Liverpool and City, and if I was a striker his age, I'd want to avoid England anyway because that's where you're going to get found out if you haven't fully refined your game yet - and he looks to have enough weaknesses for that to be the case.

I'd be off to Germany or Italy if I was him and had the choice. Stat pad for a couple of years with an eye to moving to moving on up a level at 24/25.

Status
Not open for further replies.