Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strootman's Finger

We got Pogba and Ibra in a year we didn’t have CL. I don’t think players are actually that short sighted. Is there really a huge difference going to Spurs for one year who have CL but will likely go out at the last 16 or United who will likely be back and also pay more whilst being a more famous club?
And in the subsequent 5 seasons we could be in the CL every time and Spurs could miss out every time. Why would some make a long term decision based on a short term situation.... unless you were someone like Ronaldo at the end of their career.

Rolaholic

He has Atleti and PSG apparently interested so not surprised that would play a part in his decision

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Makes too much sense for Atletico, especially with them moving on from Suarez. Stylistically he's perfect for them.

Him leading the line and Joao Felix playing slightly behind sounds like a deadly combo.

EDIT: Though he'd score a boatload with Fernandes playing him in too.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

He has Atleti and PSG apparently interested so not surprised that would play a part in his decision
Curious what the links Rmc have given there's no french connection to him.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Yes Yes let the Benfica hate flow through you !!!

*Sith lord voice

Rolaholic

Curious what the links Rmc have given there's no french connection to him.
Probably because of this

Nunez's agency has already had contact with Al-Khelaifi from PSG but there haven't been concrete negotiations yet.

jesperjaap

Only seen him in the chamions league and only a handful of times, but personally I am not in the slightest bothered, quite the opposite.

Cut price Cavani at a Maguire like fee. Interested to see how he does when he moves, totally different player but he Lukaku vibes, will get goals anywhere but not a potential superstar of a player anyway, think we have dodged a bullet personally, think he may well have flopped here.

More prevelant, any of these players who dotn want to move due to lack of "champions league football" short sighted career choices like that, we are not talking about moving to Brighton (no offence) we are talking about a club herre stepped in history and still fighting for chamoions leagye places 50% of the time even in the state we are in, dotn want any player who says that, superstar or not

AgentP

It's alright if he doesn't want to come here. There are plenty of other options out there. Not worried at all.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Like pretty much every benfica player heavily linked with us before him, miraculously, from being in the driving seat, we now won't sign him.

Telsim

Why? That’s our alternative and he actually scores goals in the Prem.
White it's true Everton are shit, 9 10 goals and 5 assists is not exactly blowing my socks off. Not bad, but hardly impressive. Richarlison is much better defensively and marginally better when passing the ball, but Nunez has him covered on every other front, and often by quite a distance. And has scored in the CL. And is 2 years younger.

If we are looking for a forward that will put the ball in the back of the net Richarlison doesn't exactly have me jumping in excitement. Who knows though, could be that I'm wrong, and if the price is right...

Mainoldo

White it's true Everton are shit, 9 10 goals and 5 assists is not exactly blowing my socks off. Not bad, but hardly impressive. Richarlison is much better defensively and marginally better when passing the ball, but Nunez has him covered on every other front, and often by quite a distance. And has scored in the CL. And is 2 years younger.

If we are looking for a forward that will put the ball in the back of the net Richarlison doesn't exactly have me jumping in excitement. Who knows though, could be that I'm wrong, and if the price is right...
Whilst I can agree with the doubts and I for one like Nunez aggression and pace. I don’t see anything in neither player that would make me fussed as long as the price is right. But if Im being honest Richarlison is just a better footballer than Nunez. CR7 will score the goals Im not worried about that.

Telsim

Whilst I can agree with the doubts and I for one like Nunez aggression and pace. I don’t see anything in neither player that would make me fussed as long as the price is right. But if Im being honest Richarlison is just a better footballer than Nunez. CR7 will score the goals Im not worried about that.
For how long, though? It's not yet certain if he is even staying next season, let alone the season after that. Or how long he will be effective for that matter? Whoever we buy now will have to last quite some time while we spend money on other positions in the following transfer windows.

And I'm also having trouble seeing where Richarlison plays if Ronaldo is also playing? Sancho, and presumably Antony, are on the wings, with VdB/Bruno behind Ronaldo. He will have to contend with Ronaldo for CF. The same would have been true for Nunez, but between the two Nunez is a significantly better scorer.

I think we can do much better than that. Moussa Dembele and Osimhen in particular. For a non-insane fee of course. Lautaro Martinez is a long shot, but worth trying, despite his pretty horrific CL campaign this season.

El-Manos

Is he even that special? Felix looked unbelievable in the Portuguese league and he’s been ok so far for atletico.

Mainoldo

For how long, though? It's not yet certain if he is even staying next season, let alone the season after that. Or how long he will be effective for that matter? Whoever we buy now will have to last quite some time while we spend money on other positions in the following transfer windows.

And I'm also having trouble seeing where Richarlison plays if Ronaldo is also playing? Sancho, and presumably Antony, are on the wings, with VdB/Bruno behind Ronaldo. He will have to contend with Ronaldo for CF. The same would have been true for Nunez, but between the two Nunez is a significantly better scorer.

I think we can do much better than that. Moussa Dembele and Osimhen in particular. For a non-insane fee of course. Lautaro Martinez is a long shot, but worth trying, despite his pretty horrific CL campaign this season.
The striker market is crap. As long as our forwards contribute to more fluid football I don’t think your concerns matter. We can replace CR7 when he actually leaves. Who know‘s the new flavour of the year could pop up or maybe a youth player will step up. I don’t think a direct replacement is necessary now.

MrEleson

Is he even that special? Felix looked unbelievable in the Portuguese league and he’s been ok so far for atletico.
Mainly because of the set-up he’s in. Make no mistake, Felix is still a great talent.

LuckyScout78

He might get the CF the get him and his Ajax out of the champion league. Opponent last season, but maybe under the commander of Ten Hag next season. The chance are there.
If you can beat them. Make them join you.

The boy has the guts, drive, energy, hard work and determination of top level players. And can go really far with those mentality. Have right focus, hard workd and right mentality is really really important. Compare you have top skills, but lack the top mentaliy abilities and qualities. You will end up as many examples in football. I save to mention the names.

LuckyScout78

Nunez, Lewandoski or Patrick Schick

I think i would go for long term. Not only long term. Both of Nunez and Schick are good enough to start regular for a United team under Ten Hag chasing top for next season. But everything are relate, connect and depend on each others.

If Ten Hag can get:

Martinez CB
Raphinha RW
Eriksen & Kenneth Taylor RCM

United shall be good enough to battle for top 4 and better to the wire and to the end of next season

RB - Varane - Martinez - LB + Raphinha - Eriksen & K.Taylor - Tchouaméni/Locatelli/Garner - Bruno - Rashford +
Nunez/Schick

Both of them will be good for 15-20 goals without the penalities

If you have Raphinha, Eriksen, Bruno and Taylor to feed you with consistent top assist passes. It will it easy to play as CF for United. Make the day on the job easier.

But back to Nunez and Schick. I think and observed Nunez as higher drive, energy, guts and engine than Schick. A clinical and left foot tall CF. I think i would go for the higher drive, guts and energy.

With the energy, drive and always give your best philosophy of Ten Hag. Nunez guts, drive and mentality suit what Ten Hag is demanding from his players.

So of those 3 really good CF. I would go for Nunez. Both short and long term solution and option. Think about the 2-3 years when Kevin Bruyne, Salah and Van Dijk retire and quit.
Then its time to taking over. With players at theirs peaks. Its about the timing.
Not like some managers have try to spend on a lot. Millions on millions. Try to hit when the rivals and the tiger are so so strong and solid. You shall knows when your rivals will probably get weaker. Then that is the time.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
If we sign Núñez then surely that’s an indication that he wants to play 2 up top? Won’t spent loads on a striker to sit on the bench and Ronaldo certainly won’t be happy sitting on the bench. Ten Hag did play a 4-3-1-2 in his last few games with Ajax but the downside to that formation is there’s no room for sancho and the width would have to come from full backs.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
If we sign Núñez then surely that’s an indication that he wants to play 2 up top? Won’t spent loads on a striker to sit on the bench and Ronaldo certainly won’t be happy sitting on the bench. Ten Hag did play a 4-3-1-2 in his last few games with Ajax but the downside to that formation is there’s no room for sancho and the width would have to come from full backs.
Exact conversation I had with friend last night - hence why I think we aren’t going for him unless Ronaldo accept a bench role for >50% games which I can’t see.

I just don’t see us playing two up top. I think we’ll gun for a striker to learn off Ronnie for a year, and then become our first choice in the season after.

DevilRed

I haven't watched him play a single time for 90 minutes.

But based on highlights he looks like a bit of a plodder. Brings back some lukaku vibes.

InfiniteBoredom

I haven't watched him play a single time for 90 minutes.

But based on highlights he looks like a bit of a plodder. Brings back some lukaku vibes.
Lukaku would be serviceable if he was willing to run.

And I say that as someone who was very against signing him.

ROFLUTION

Every player we're linked with feels like a Neto to Wolves transfer this season.
Dont know much avout the players and they all take time to develop, but probably have a degree of potential.

We might end up with a team half full of players on semi-high salaries who's tough to move on if they don't make it here. (it'll take a good salary to convince them choosing us over cl football)

DevilRed

Lukaku would be serviceable if he was willing to run.

And I say that as someone who was very against signing him.
He did ok for us in his first season here. Got to give credit where its due.

But he always had his tims and jeans on.

After watching this julien alvarez score 6 goals, I just feel we've missed the boat on yet another potentially top tier striker. One who we were strongly linked with as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.