Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Perhaps we would be better off sorting our midfield first, this lad should be on the bottom of our shopping list.

Hell maybe a more extraordinary prospect comes up a year from now.
There is no doubt we need a striker -- we can't rely on a 38y.o to get us goals every match. Alternatives are we relying on some legal miracle and Mason comes back -- and would be near impossible since he hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months? Or do we rely on Martial? But I think he legs are gone.

We need a striker -- its our top priority.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
There is no doubt we need a striker -- we can't rely on a 38y.o to get us goals every match. Alternatives are we relying on some legal miracle and Mason comes back -- and would be near impossible since he hasn't kicked a ball in 6 months? Or do we rely on Martial? But I think he legs are gone.

I prefer we strengthen our spine first, the most important part of any team.

Oldtraffordboy

I think we should be prioritising footballing technique.

If new signings have obvious flaws in this department it's a major red flag and we may as well give up ambitions of dictating football matches against an increasingly strong Premier League top 6-8.

Walters_19_MuFc

Not so much a striker because Ronaldo will be our striker next season, but more of an inside forward who will bang goals in and have the ability to fill in for Ronaldo when needed.

Players like Gnabry, Nunez, Nkunku, Leao, Gouiri and Richarlison spring to mind.

P.S. Greenwood would be perfect. :(

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
Not so much a striker because Ronaldo will be our striker next season, but more of an inside forward who will bang goals in and have the ability to fill in for Ronaldo when needed.

Players like Gnabry, Nunez, Nkunku, Leao, Gouiri and Richarlison spring to mind.

P.S. Greenwood would be perfect. :(
I'd prefer all these guys over Darwin Nunez honestly.

Suv666

He is already on the radar of many clubs. If he does well in a season's time his fee wont be 60M it will be more like closer to a 120M -- then a year from now people will be asking why we didn't buy him when he was so much cheaper ...Dumb United management!!!

Or he breaks his leg and then he is out for 12 months.

Its always a gamble.
No what I meant was buying someone else next year if there are no good options available this window.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Yah... He would work in a counter attacking side but not in what I think a ETH side looks like. If we get him and nunez becomes amazing for this new United side then we know that we have a genius in our hands in ETH.
Yeah, just doesn't seem a fit. I'm still all on a big lad up top with a great touch.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I don't watch a lot of football nowadays. Are there any strikers out there who are not converted wingers and play the role in a more traditional way? Receiving the ball and holding it up for their team mates, making runs for crosses into the box, scoring the easy goals? From what I've seen of Nunez, he doesn't seem to be proficient at dropping into space and holding the ball up. Considering we've always struggled against a low block and have had a terrible time with our strikers like Martial, Rashford and Lukaku not being able to hold the ball up, I just can't get excited about signing Nunez. (not that I think we'd have enough in the bank to get him anyway)

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I don't watch a lot of football nowadays. Are there any strikers out there who are not converted wingers and play the role in a more traditional way? Receiving the ball and holding it up for their team mates, making runs for crosses into the box, scoring the easy goals? From what I've seen of Nunez, he doesn't seem to be proficient at dropping into space and holding the ball up. Considering we've always struggled against a low block and have had a terrible time with our strikers like Martial, Rashford and Lukaku not being able to hold the ball up, I just can't get excited about signing Nunez. (not that I think we'd have enough in the bank to get him anyway)
Nunez is a very traditional striker, think Ruud but less of a killer and higher work rate.

JeffFromHK

Perhaps Schick?

LuckyScout78

His guts, engine, drive, determination and energy. Its of not top and world class. Its not far from top level.

Of course. Not as sharp and clinical as Lewandoski at the same age. But with engine, drive and energy. You knows he will roam everywhere on the attack area, opponent final third area.
Yeah a bit more difference than Lewandoski and world most sharp sniper on his best days. But your finish skill. You can always develop and train as sharp as you want it.

phelans shorts

His guts, engine, drive, determination and energy. Its of not top and world class. Its not far from top level.

Of course. Not as sharp and clinical as Lewandoski at the same age. But with engine, drive and energy. You knows he will roam everywhere on the attack area, opponent final third area.
Yeah a bit more difference than Lewandoski and world most sharp sniper on his best days. But your finish skill. You can always develop and train as sharp as you want it.
This is absolute nonsense. If it were true then there’d be countless strikers scoring the majority of their chances, yet none do.

Dempsey19

I am sure its been asked before -- who is tier 1,2,3 and 4 sources?
I can't seem to link to it but If you go to reddevils subreddit on Reddit, there's a transfer reliability guide and lists all the sources ranked from tier 1 to completely untrustworthy.

TrebleChamp99

Dud player. Would cost a bomb and probs score 4 goals. Over hyped to the extreme, would be annoyed if we spent a huge amount of the budget on him.

WelshManc

Dud player. Would cost a bomb and probs score 4 goals. Over hyped to the extreme, would be annoyed if we spent a huge amount of the budget on him.
You know he'd be a dud because you've seen him play so many times, right?

jamesjimmybyrondean

I'm still confused. Are we spending big on a striker to be back up to Ronaldo or is Ronaldo going to be back up? Rangnick said something about Ronaldo being unhappy playing as a striker, maybe we plan on moving him to the left

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I really don't see this deal happening. The De Jong one has much more chance about it for me.

I just can't see how Nunez and Ronaldo are going to be happy being rotated as ETH doesn't play 2 up top and Ronaldo won't and can't play from the left anymore.

If Ronaldo was leaving then it would make much more sense. If Ronaldo is staying for one more year then I think we'll look to get a cheaper back up striker in

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I really don't see this deal happening. The De Jong one has much more chance about it for me.

I just can't see how Nunez and Ronaldo are going to be happy being rotated as ETH doesn't play 2 up top and Ronaldo won't and can't play from the left anymore.

If Ronaldo was leaving then it would make much more sense. If Ronaldo is staying for one more year then I think we'll look to get a cheaper back up striker in
Wonder if there is a chance we go 352? If we sign Timber we have so many CBs, and 2 strikers who need to play.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Wonder if there is a chance we go 352? If we sign Timber we have so many CBs, and 2 strikers who need to play.
Yup I think we just might do that. Depending on signings. Better to be pragmatic and keep the show on the road than getting belted while your players pretend to run around or they are actually doing their best but it isn’t good enough. Either way. These things take time to change. In the meantime it’s good to keep winning and building camaraderie.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Then we’d moan we have a sub-par back up striker next year and no one to take them off our hands and have to potentially replace 2 strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.