Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We can't afford to do that, unfortunately. We have too many problems to sort out. No CL money incoming either.
Yeah, probably the right decision to let this kid go, we have more urgent matters needing care at this point.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I suppose we could have outmuscled them had we put on say a 120 mill bid and gavi him 400 k a week wages but should we have done that? Probably not.
Why do we need to pay more to benfica if they accept liverpool's? we just need to outmuscled his offered wages.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
:lol: :lol: ;) Now that the scousers are getting him, all these rationalisations are starting to emerge. But regardless, he would fit better within a Klopp system than what we perceive to be a ETH United's version.

Hope he turns out to be an Andy Carroll but I suspect he will be a massive hit in that system. Then a bunch of caftards will be questioning why the management and ETH, in particular, didn't go hard for Nunez. Another United management fail.

The 20/20 hindsight crew.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Was clocked as the 2nd fastest player in CL play this past season, the pure pace of their frontline is going nowhere even with Mane leaving
Didn't know he was that quick. Hopefully his first touch knocks it out of play at every opportunity

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
One more big money transfer and Jurgen 'hypocrite' Klopp haven't resigned.

sglowrider

One more big money transfer and Jurgen 'hypocrite' Klopp haven't resigned.
Simples.

He will claim TFI -- Transfer Fee Inflation caused by post-Covid/supply chain issues, soaring petrol prices and the UKR War. 80million is bog-standard now.

roonster09

Scout
Simples.

He will claim TFI -- Transfer Fee Inflation caused by post-Covid/supply chain issues and the UKR War.
Yeah but he broke record for 2 positions just 18 and 24 months after he came up with that shit interview. In between paid big money for Keita.

I think someone asked and he said he was wrong if I'm not wrong.

sglowrider

Yeah but he broke record for 2 positions just 18 and 24 months after he came up with that shit interview. In between paid big money for Keita.

:rolleyes:

But truth be told, we wouldn't have minded this hypocrite to be our very own hypocrite though.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Apparently we're trying to do this as 68 million up front and around 20 million in add ons. Would be very Liverpool to try and do it that way.

I wonder if selling clubs sometimes prefer that because they can guarantee some money later on.
Add ons have always been a thing?

Nicolarra90

Might be good, might be bad. Anyway he shouldn't close the gap to city and Haaland so... :boring:

Steve 007

Unfortunately if he gets a choice between us and Liverpool and he cares about more than money, he’ll go pool. The position of the two clubs presently it’s a no brainier. He’s not the good striker out there though.

RkkMan

I wasn’t complaining though… I agree that midfield should be our priority but it shouldn’t of got to this… our midfield should of been sorted years ago and then maybe we’d of had a chance to focus on other targets in other positions. My main argument was that this club never learn and always mess about when it comes to signing players… they negotiate to much just for the sake of a few pounds and then we lose the target to other clubs. We did the same with sancho, wouldn’t pay what they wanted one summer but then paid the exact same the year later…
We paid £35m less for Sancho.
BVB wanted £108m up front in 2020 we paid £73m in 2021 agreed to be paid over 5 years. Not the best example to use for this argument

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We’re still in contact with his agent so there’s a chance but don’t think we’re gonna get this over the line, I hope I’m wrong though.

Member 101269

Unfortunately if he gets a choice between us and Liverpool and he cares about more than money, he’ll go pool. The position of the two clubs presently it’s a no brainier. He’s not the good striker out there though.
how is that true? Salah and Mane want to leave because they’re not paid the going rate for a top club. We pay more

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
I'm fine with 80 million if 40 of those are bonuses based on goals scored/winning the league/individual awards. He does not have this level of international reputation to warrant this type of fee.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He'll go up a level once we diagnose and treat the asthma he's obviously struggling with.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Should be a warning to the rest of the league that the top two teams are not standing still and are adding more firepower to the best attacks in the division by far.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
So... that means nothing when they actually put a bid in. Cheers Mark :lol:

All reports say he's told Klopp he wants to go to Liverpool, so i'd be very surprised if he chose us unless we offer him insane wages.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Should be a warning to the rest of the league that the top two teams are not standing still and are adding more firepower to the best attacks in the division by far.
To be honest, City just didn't even have an out and out striker outside of Jesus this season so it was obvious they were going to strengthen in that position. Liverpool are losing Mane (and potentially Salah next season) so it makes sense to go in hard for a forward right now before every other team in the world knows we're desperate for attacking players.

Widow

So... that means nothing when they actually put a bid in. Cheers Mark :lol:

All reports say he's told Klopp he wants to go to Liverpool, so i'd be very surprised if he chose us unless we offer him insane wages.
It's over, Liverpool have their man and personally, I'm not that fussed as long as we get a CF in.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Liverpool don't have many positional player problems so all they have to do is sell Mane to Bayern for 40M and pay another 40M for Nunez and transfer deals have been done for the season.

Besides we no longer have the pulling power we had some time ago.

pascell

And they reportedly want to sign Bellingham next summer, he would be a €100m+ player.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

:smirk:
This is pure copium. No chance do Liverpool go public with their interest through their own journalists unless it was genuine.

If we then sign him it's a PR disaster for them.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah no chance it's just a ploy of his agent. He might still end up at United, Atlético or wherever, but if Joyce reports that we are interested / will put in an official bid, he has likely been briefed by the club of our interest. Also, say what you want about Romano but usually he's also on top of such developments.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This is pure copium. No chance do Liverpool go public with their interest through their own journalists unless it was genuine.

If we then sign him it's a PR disaster for them.
Yeah this is quite interesting now. Very credible reporters being briefed differently.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
To be honest, City just didn't even have an out and out striker outside of Jesus this season so it was obvious they were going to strengthen in that position. Liverpool are losing Mane (and potentially Salah next season) so it makes sense to go in hard for a forward right now before every other team in the world knows we're desperate for attacking players.
True, but I bet you don't stop at 1:1 if Mane is indeed gone.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
My guess is, when the time comes he'll have 2 equal offers on the table from Manchester United and Liverpool. It would be up to him to decide between the two + both clubs would fancy their chances.

roonster09

Scout
Yeah this is quite interesting now. Very credible reporters being briefed differently.
What differently? I thought all journalists said Liverpool are interested and ready to pay big fee to sign him.

I think this is more or less done.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What differently? I thought all journalists said Liverpool are interested and ready to pay big fee to sign him.

I think this is more or less done.
Mark Ogden just said he thinks the report of a bid from Liverpool is a tactic to smoke out United. I don't think anyone denies there's genuine interest but the degree of how advanced Liverpool's enquiries are seem to be different.

Portugese outlets say Liverpool bid 80m EUR +20m EUR add-ons, if I'm not mistaken. Romano says the same but caveats it's verbal. Not sure what Joyce has said but Ogden reckons news of a bid is more a way of pushing United than being an actual formal offer.

roonster09

Scout
Mark Ogden just said he thinks the report of a bid from Liverpool is a tactic to smoke out United. I don't think anyone denies there's genuine interest but the degree of how advanced Liverpool's enquiries are seem to be different.
Almost all reliable Liverpool journalists reported it, it would be stupid from Liverpool point of view to do that unless he is very close.

Maybe Ogden is just out of loop, anyways I think once Moyes was sacked, he is not that reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.