Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
It appears we can't multitask, we've put nunez on the back burner till we sort out de jong. Meanwhile the dippers swoop in and make it happen making us look like right mugs for saying we never wanted him.

If ronaldo can't smash it every game or worse gets injured then who the feck is going to score goals ? Don't tell me martial or rashford, both of them deserve to kicked out on their arse.

We're done and we've hung another manager out to dry.
:lol: More over the top drama from you. It's June 9th.

phelans shorts

It appears we can't multitask, we've put nunez on the back burner till we sort out de jong. Meanwhile the dippers swoop in and make it happen making us look like right mugs for saying we never wanted him.

If ronaldo can't smash it every game or worse gets injured then who the feck is going to score goals ? Don't tell me martial or rashford, both of them deserve to kicked out on their arse.

It’ll be fine, Nunez looks quite crap anyway

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We should go all out for that striker from union Berlin awoniyi, had a great season and won’t cost halve as much of Darwin Nunez. He wouldn’t moan with a rotation option aswell I don’t think.

SamVimes

This is bonkers. This is huge money on a player that is not a priority. 2 CM, a RB and then a striker. FFS Haller has better statistics.

Bojan Djordjic

No I said that we need to hope for a miracle! If you go over my posts concerning this case you will see that I have been unequivocal in my opinion that he should never play for the club again.
I really do think that we need to hope that all charges against Greenwood get dropped. It wouldn’t surprise me if the club are hoping the same.
I quoted your own words. It’s exactly what you said. What’s the miracle that we should be hoping for so?

Bojan Djordjic

It’ll be fine, Nunez looks quite crap anyway
Don’t think he’s crap and a lot of well informed people think he’s the dogs bollix highlighting his great movement, finishing etc. However, they’ve also said that he struggles against low blocks and is generally more suited to counter attacking teams so it’s unlikely that he would be a god profile for us at this stage in our development.

I’m sure it’ll be different for Liverpool as Klopp has the players to manipulate isolations and he’s excellent in the air so will gobble up goals from set pieces and TAA’s crosses even if he struggles initially in play.

Kweku Amonoo

Don’t think he’s crap and a lot of well informed people think he’s the dogs bollix highlighting his great movement, finishing etc. However, they’ve also said that he struggles against low blocks and is generally more suited to counter attacking teams so it’s unlikely that he would be a god profile for us at this stage in our development.

I’m sure it’ll be different for Liverpool as Klopp has the players to manipulate isolations and he’s excellent in the air so will gobble up goals from set pieces and TAA’s crosses even if he struggles initially in play.
He’s not excellent in the air at all. He’s very average in fact.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
We should go all out for that striker from union Berlin awoniyi, had a great season and won’t cost halve as much of Darwin Nunez. He wouldn’t moan with a rotation option aswell I don’t think.
You'll be giving us 10% of his sell on fee if you do.

Red Daz

We’ll regret not signing this guy, I think he has a lot of attributes to do well in the PL, although the price is insane and if he’s made his decision to join a team that wins things then we were never in the race anyway

Someone

Something
Surprised Liverpool are going all out for him, always though Klopp would go for technically better players. He looks like a goal machine but a bit of a Lukaku with the ball.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

All the news/reports are based on hearsay or just plain made up shite since only a handful of people are actually involved in any transfer dealings.

And based on that you have created your own proposition and a firm conclusion -- which basically supports your pre-existing narrative to start with.

My suggestion is that this club seems to make you constantly unhappy based on most of your posts. Its almost like a cry for help.

It's time to move on and find another club to support for your mental health. Manchester United clearly is unhealthy for you. Time to move on and watch more sci-fi fantasy movies which clearly you are a fan of.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Because you've read some stats about duels? He buries headers for fun and that's what matters. Not winning long ball duels.

Bojan Djordjic

I’ll defer to your knowledge if you watch him regularly as I haven’t but an article I read recently specifically commented on his huge improvement in this area and I’m nearly sure Alex Stewart from Tifo commented on his aerial presence in a recent video too.

Nicolarra90

Most goals should come from the team setup and movements.
A world class 9 can be the difference in tight moments like finals, but we are not at that point now.
We literally have to learn how to play football again and rely less in individualities.

We should be able to defeat most teams with Ronaldo or Bruno as a false 9 anyway.

Dominos

Surprised Liverpool are going all out for him, always though Klopp would go for technically better players. He looks like a goal machine but a bit of a Lukaku with the ball.
Yes it's an interesting change in dynamic for Liverpool. For years their striker was Firmino who's contribution came in the form of link up and all-round game with a lack of goals being an issue, recently they've tried Jota/Mane up there but it's a big switch to go to a big, physical centre forward who's strength is goalscoring but lacks ability on the ball compared to their fowards of the past.

I wonder if having a central striker as their goalscoring focal point could negatively effect the goalscoring contributions of their wide players.

Ultimately recent track record suggest seems Liverpool and Klopp know what they're doing in the market unfortunately so wishful thinking that he's going to be a flop, but we can hope.

NoPace

He'll be good at running over the top when Liverpool get the ball wide to fullbacks and hit those long diagonal balls forward. And I guess Origi has done well for them. But if they do this I assume it will be because Diaz is more of a traditional winger and Salah is leaving and they don't think there's a RW they can buy to replace him, so they're planning either on moving to a 4-2-3-1 or maybe buying a midfielder who can score and create goals? This definitely changes their team setup a lot.

Marcus

To be honest, unless he is a massive United fan, he will sign for Liverpool. It is such a huge risk to a player's career to join United given the track record of shambolic performances on and off the field. I only want players who want to be here.

Ted Lasso

To be honest, unless he is a massive United fan, he will sign for Liverpool. It is such a huge risk to a player's career to join United given the track record of shambolic performances on and off the field. I only want players who want to be here.
Suarez, Torres and Aguero all joined teams that were nowhere near the caliber of Manchester United at the time.

Can hope that it's similar here but roles reversed

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
More critically, you will need players who are adaptable to playing within ETH's systems. McT or De Gea love being at United but can they prove are adaptable to playing within ETH's philosophy?

Time will tell.

MrEleson

Suarez, Torres and Aguero all joined teams that were nowhere near the caliber of Manchester United at the time.

Can hope that it's similar here but roles reversed
Liverpool and City were hardly in ruins like we are now when Torres and Aguero joined them respectively. Liverpool had just made the CL final and were regularly in the top 4. City were clearly on the ascendency after their 2008 take over and it was obvious they would start winning things soon with other major acquisitions they made at the time just before his signing like D.Silva Toure, Kompany, etc that helped them win the FA Cup that same year before he joined.

I don’t think Suarez was that sought after when he joined liverpool in 2011 (when they were admittedly not that good) otherwise he likely would’ve gone somewhere else.

Last edited:

Bondi77

This is bonkers. This is huge money on a player that is not a priority. 2 CM, a RB and then a striker. FFS Haller has better statistics.
Relax mate, We are not going to spend silly money on this Shrek extra as Liverpool have already sourced him a stable for his accommodation.

The Red Thinker

He’s going to be incredible at Liverpool. Imposing forward who runs all day and and will form a LETHAL combination with Trent in the air. We just don’t have the clout anymore to lure a player over Liverpool. I never thought that would ever happen, but Woodward’s disastrous reign ensured it.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Deal pretty much done.

80M +20M for objectives

I hope he flops. Everything is being based off one season. I’ve never seen a club sell so many flops For such high amount of money.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Got that Benzema's vibe on this one. He rejected us then helps Madrid winning 5 Champions League.
A case of "what if.." for us in the next 10 years.
Jewish kid.. christmas..

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Liverpool haven’t done well with technically limited players in the number 9 position in the past. We will see boys.

For that money I would not be mad at missing out on him especially with Benfica’s track record

roseguy64

Didn't Andrea Belotti have a similar season like that where he ended up having a couple of Europe's top clubs after him? No-one bit on the humongous price at the time, around 80m pounds, and he's since become an afterthought at the highest level.
Exactly what I'm weary of. Or that season when Mido was scoring goals for fun and then lost it.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Liverpool haven’t done well with technically limited players in the number 9 position in the past. We will see boys.

For that money I would not be mad at missing out on him especially with Benfica’s track record
This makes me feel sad and happy at the same time.

RedGirl96

Liverpool won´t buy him at that price, they will only pay those sums for someone proven in one of the big leagues. We should stay away too, spend big on midfield instead.

Ted Lasso

Liverpool and City were hardly in ruins like we are now when Torres and Aguero joined them respectively. Liverpool had just made the CL final and were regularly in the top 4. City were clearly on the ascendency after their 2008 take over and it was obvious they would start winning things soon with other major acquisitions they made at the time just before his signing like D.Silva Toure, Kompany, etc that helped them win the FA Cup that same year before he joined.

I don’t think Suarez was that sought after when he joined liverpool in 2011 (when they were admittedly not that good) otherwise he likely would’ve gone somewhere else.
I can't believe what I'm reading.

City hadn't won a trophy since 1970.

Liverpool won a single European Cup for the first time since the 1980s, and in spectacularly unexpected fashion all the way thru including in the final. An FA Cup a few years prior. In the league they were nearly 20 years shy of their last win.

Manchester United are not in terrific shape. But it's not ruins. I think you've let the negativity of the cafe and media as a whole get to you.

Chin up. Stay positive mate. The biggest problem - Woodward- has left the club, several squad members move on, and have the hottest prospect manager just join. This football project sells itself with your eyes closed and a CR7 cherry on top. Even LVG was bullish in the presser about that awful CEO being gone!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Something is telling me this isnt done yet. I think if Bayern refuse to pay the required fee for Mane then Liverpools deal for Nunez will be held up.

Probably a domino effect of Frenkie moving, frees up funds for Lewa, freeing up funds for Mane, freeing up funds for Nunez.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Got that Benzema's vibe on this one. He rejected us then helps Madrid winning 5 Champions League.
A case of "what if.." for us in the next 10 years.
Jewish kid.. christmas..
If he was Benzema level talent I'd be down. He's obviously not.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

This is a pretty good point. The last two we had were Benteke and Carroll. It’ll be interesting to see how we adjust to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.