Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
This reminds me of our age old debate when I argued Rashford was a winger and not a striker :lol:
Yeah, that was when Rashford ended the season as CF and then in summer he said he likes to play from wide position isn't it. So you created a thread on that. Yeah :D

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah, that was when Rashford ended the season as CF and then in summer he said he likes to play from wide position isn't it. So you created a thread on that. Yeah :D
Yeah, but that was because I never saw him as a striker and he himself said he prefers coming in from wide.
I just didnt clarify that by striker I meant a 9 and not the hybrid position which he obviously plays in (along with Salah and all the rest).

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, but that was because I never saw him as a striker and he himself said he prefers coming in from wide.
I just didnt clarify that by striker I meant a 9 and not the hybrid position which he obviously plays in (along with Salah and all the rest).
Yeah, I feel people knows the position but the terminology is used differently.

Now someone should start the argument on defensive midfielder.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Nice goal in a another important game.
Im really liking his tenacity, maybe he would be right for us after all.

NoPace

Does anyone here watch Benfica on a regular basis and can make a case as to why this bloke is supposedly worth €80m?
No, but having watched them 4 or 5 times in Europe I'd say the case is that he sort of has a Drogba feel to him in terms of being physically very strong, a team player and good at running the channels and the question mark is if his technique will improve.

crossy1686

career ending
No, but having watched them 4 or 5 times in Europe I'd say the case is that he sort of has a Drogba feel to him in terms of being physically very strong, a team player and good at running the channels and the question mark is if his technique will improve.
We have technical players but we don’t have players that are willing to do a Tevez or a Park. If we get a few of those it takes the burden off the technical lazier players or requires them to step up and work harder if you don’t want to be dropped. For me, Ruud wasn’t very technical but he knew where the net was, I’ll take that.

Crashoutcassius

I disagree with this. There are lot of ways how to play football. Bruno could become like Ziyech which a wide playmaker in ETH system while Nunez can become like Haller who also not technically gifted. If ETH didn't mind fit in Haller to his team and became 2nd most scoring team in UCL up to round 16 with striker like Haller then no such a thing called not ideal if the manager can coach and likes the player. If ETH wants Nunez after playing against him in 2 legs and watched his lack technical ability and poor first touch then he believes he can fit in Nunez to the team just like how he fits in Haller. If there is aspects that the manager likes then with coaching, you can maximise the strength and minimise the weakness.
If we are going to catch the two greatest teams in premiership history we probably can't have ten Haag 'fitting x in' like you have to do when you are Ajax manager. He needs to get the right players

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Does anyone here watch Benfica on a regular basis and can make a case as to why this bloke is supposedly worth €80m?
The striker market is very shit hence the price, however, this guy has the potential to be a young version of Cavani which is quite a huge signing for us to have a player capable of playing twice a week if needed. Is he worth it? I think so. But if it is at detriment to improving our midfield we may have to miss out.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If we are going to catch the two greatest teams in premiership history we probably can't have ten Haag 'fitting x in' like you have to do when you are Ajax manager. He needs to get the right players
We aren't going to catch them for atleast 2 years anyway. Our first priority should be to get back to the field as a top team. Who knows how to play a game of football .

NoPace

We have technical players but we don’t have players that are willing to do a Tevez or a Park. If we get a few of those it takes the burden off the technical lazier players or requires them to step up and work harder if you don’t want to be dropped. For me, Ruud wasn’t very technical but he knew where the net was, I’ll take that.
I don't think he's seen by people who have seen him more as a cold-blooded finisher like Ruud. But better presser and quicker. The first part definitely sounds right. He also seems to have pushed some teams' backline back a bit, which would open up space for our defence and midfield.

izec

He is what we need and should be the main target for a striker this summer. The alternatives are all worse.

Get the price down and include some players if needed, but we must try.

Crashoutcassius

I don't think you spend half your budget on a park. There are plenty around. Taking the most overhyped Portuguese player of the year is almost as bad a money drain as signing players from Leicester.

Crashoutcassius

We aren't going to catch them for atleast 2 years anyway. Our first priority should be to get back to the field as a top team. Who knows how to play a game of football .
So we aren't going to catch city for two years so logically... spend 80m on a player you'll have to replace in coming 24 months

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
This player is getting overhyped day by day. If you take away that disallowed goal, he played crap for the most part again Porto. 80m would be criminal for him. 50 max as he has potential to be class.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
The discussion was how Nunez and Bruno can work together if he signs Nunez. Why would he signs the player if he doesn't think the player will fit?

Crashoutcassius

The discussion was how Nunez and Bruno can work together if he signs Nunez. Why would he signs the player if he doesn't think the player will fit?
I thought the discussion was how he fit in Haller so would be able to fit in nunes. I just think at Ajax you have to fit the other player in and make compromise. Should be far less the case here

SirMonteyne

i have watched him fair times, he is a good runner and uses spaces very well. Often struggles against defenders if opponents sit deep, I would say he is a perfect choice for counter-attacking team. Very much like Rashford 2-3 years ago but with more physical strength. His play in a box is not good enough, he isn't RVP or Ruud type of player. Sometimes his decisions would get on your nerve. I really don't think he is ready for a team like united. 80m is way too much.

VinzentFTW

Supports
Liverpool
i have watched him fair times, he is a good runner and uses spaces very well. Often struggles against defenders if opponents sit deep, I would say he is a perfect choice for counter-attacking team. Very much like Rashford 2-3 years ago but with more physical strength. His play in a box is not good enough, he isn't RVP or Ruud type of player. Sometimes his decisions would get on your nerve. I really don't think he is ready for a team like united. 80m is way too much.
This is exactly why i prefer a striker like Lautaro Martinez or a similar striker rather than Nunez who to me looks like a limited player with good finishing abilites.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I thought the discussion was how he fit in Haller so would be able to fit in nunes. I just think at Ajax you have to fit the other player in and make compromise. Should be far less the case here
Sort of but not exactly.

The poster said Nunez and Bruno can’t work together. I was mentioning Haller and Tadic as similar example players with similar strength and weakness that they can also be coached to play together in the possession based team. If ETH wants Nunez after knowing his limitation that means ETH believes he can make it work just like what he did to Haller in his system. That’s why I asked you why would he signs the player if he doesn't think the player will fit?

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
He's not coming to us to just play in the Europa League and maybe one in every 6/7 PL games when Ronaldo needs a rest. He will go somewhere where he's the main man.

Arsenal if they get CL footy I reckon.
I'm not sure why people give it for granted that players think this way. It's a job after all.

One of the reasons I find him meh is I very much doubt he cares for that. More likely -and understandable- not to join because we are a mess and why walk into that?

Crashoutcassius

Sort of but not exactly.

The poster said Nunez and Bruno can’t work together. I was mentioning Haller and Tadic as similar example players with similar strength and weakness that they can also be coached to play together in the possession based team. If ETH wants Nunez after knowing his limitation that means ETH believes he can make it work just like what he did to Haller in his system. That’s why I asked you why would he signs the player if he doesn't think the player will fit?
Yes all true mate. Obviously I would defer to ETH in that case.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is what i'm saying. People keep saying his technique is poor but then he looks a ball out of the sky over his shoulder and kills it dead, quick turn and a tidy finish.

Who cares if he misplaces a few passes every now and again?

Artorias

:lol: not going to lie, thats what I thought as well
This is what i'm saying. People keep saying his technique is poor but then he looks a ball out of the sky over his shoulder and kills it dead, quick turn and a tidy finish.

Who cares if he misplaces a few passes every now and again?
Agree. We need goals now, and he could provide them.

Mainoldo

You mans a different. :lol:

A pro footballer takes a ball down out of the air. Look Redcafe it’s Neymar.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You mans a different. :lol:

A pro footballer takes a ball down out of the air. Look Redcafe it’s Neymar.
You told us he cant control a ball, can't have it both ways lad.

Dempsey19

He is what we need and should be the main target for a striker this summer. The alternatives are all worse.

Get the price down and include some players if needed, but we must try.
We would have to pay more if we include any of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.