Darwin Núñez / signs for Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Antony has had one decent season in Europe and that's in the Dutch League too. He's incredibly unproven.

I'd be shocked if we go for him tbh.
Sign him and also get Dembele on a free.

Jibbs

Antony has had one decent season in Europe and that's in the Dutch League too. He's incredibly unproven.

I'd be shocked if we go for him tbh.
RVN and Suarez were signed from Dutch League, so was Ronaldo Lima. Neymar was directly signed from Brazil. Antony is so obviously talented.

Jibbs

Red flag after red flag if you listen to this :nervous:
Loads of BS… Nunez is the real deal. He has pace, ability to take defenders one on one, that striker instinct of being at the right place at the right time and clinical finishing. He reminds me so much of Ruud.

Bestietom

You are correct, and our statement should be winning the youth cup tonight.
Lets get our own house in order
Run the club properly, have players who want to work hard and put in a shift.
Have a manager with a vision of how to play and who is capable of implementing it
Have players who spend more time on the pitch and less time on the treatment table
Have a team that plays with energy and aggression and gets supporters off their seats
Pay appropriate wages and if you don't want to be here clear off
Clear the toxin out of our club then we can heal and start to grow
And yes the Glazers are a toxin at the heart of our club that is dragging us down
Yes, all of this.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Loads of BS… Nunez is the real deal. He has pace, ability to take defenders one on one, that striker instinct of being at the right place at the right time and clinical finishing. He reminds me so much of Ruud.
Ruud had much much better link up play

Bestietom

Really hope we get Nunez. At 22 years old he could go on to be another legend for us here.

Last edited:

Dolf

If it goes above 70 mill we should just walk away. We have too many positions to strengthen and we don't have unlimited money.

GoldanoGraham

The reality is that PSG are going to be in the market for a big marquee forward signing as it’s looking more than likely that Mbappe is off to RM…..anyone in competition with PSG will financially get blown out of the water….

Let’s hope they do something daft like sign Lukaku and not Nunez

Widow

Loads of BS

Not really.

Looking at his FBref report you can see he struggles in the build up. He's in 4 percentile for assists and 7 percentile for expected assists. Even more worrying is his pass attempts/completed 13 & 1 percentile respectively.

He looks like a player that finishes moves but will offer little more, comparable to Lakaku maybe? Is that the sort of forward we're after? We already have Ronaldo that at his age is very similar, great finisher but doesn't offer much else.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
What makes you think that?
I don’t think we will match PSG/Newcastle if they do go for him. The word from the club seems to be we want a flexible forward (ie pressing winger who can probably play up top too when ronaldo is tired) For what’s it’s worth I think if we didn’t have Ronaldo we’d have gone all in this summer for a striker. I think the longterm plan was most likely to get Haaland but the club rushed into Ronaldo, yet another short term striker fix and duly fell apart in the meantime

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Not really.

Looking at his FBref report you can see he struggles in the build up. He's in 4 percentile for assists and 7 percentile for expected assists. Even more worrying is his pass attempts/completed 13 & 1 percentile respectively.

He looks like a player that finishes moves but will offer little more, comparable to Lakaku maybe? Is that the sort of forward we're after? We already have Ronaldo that at his age is very similar, great finisher but doesn't offer much else.
Worth noting that FBref doesn't use the Portuguese league stats - so these stats are only from Champions League games where Benfica had a fecking tough draw. Out of the 600 minutes those stats are taken from, he played just 40 of those against Dynamo Kiev, and everything else would have been against Bayern, Barcelona, Ajax and Liverpool.

His passing probably still isn't great, but it's going to look worse than it is there when you're only considering games against that level of competition.

croadyman

I don’t think we will match PSG/Newcastle if they do go for him. The word from the club seems to be we want a flexible forward (ie pressing winger who can probably play up top too when ronaldo is tired) For what’s it’s worth I think if we didn’t have Ronaldo we’d have gone all in this summer for a striker. I think the longterm plan was most likely to get Haaland but the club rushed into Ronaldo, yet another short term striker fix and duly fell apart in the meantime
Nkunku falls into that category maybe

Widow

Worth noting that FBref doesn't use the Portuguese league stats - so these stats are only from Champions League games where Benfica had a fecking tough draw. Out of the 600 minutes those stats are taken from, he played just 40 of those against Dynamo Kiev, and everything else would have been against Bayern, Barcelona, Ajax and Liverpool.

His passing probably still isn't great, but it's going to look worse than it is there when you're only considering games against that level of competition.
It's true that they are against tougher teams but that's a better matrix to judge him by. Furthermore, the eye test shows he struggles in the build-up too. I think he's a good player and would do a job but how long before people are on his back.

His domestic report backs this up.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

A slightly more reasonable figure than others being thrown around at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.