David Alaba....

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
For a future "told you so comment":

Losing Alaba will be a blessing in disguise for us. Flick won't drop him no matter how suspect he is defensively and Alaba leaving us is probably the only way to get an overhaul of our defense done.
Don't get me wrong, Alaba is overall still a good player but certainly not a worldclass CB and he won't become one either. For all his ability on the ball he is still no Boateng or Hummels in that area and his above average controbution as ball playing CB just doesn't compensate for his weaknesses even in our system. So good luck to any club who wants to buy him as CB and pay him an insane wage.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Didn't even watch it. If I was interested in carefully crafted PR statements, I'd read the press release...

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

For a future "told you so comment":

Losing Alaba will be a blessing in disguise for us. Flick won't drop him no matter how suspect he is defensively and Alaba leaving us is probably the only way to get an overhaul of our defense done.
Don't get me wrong, Alaba is overall still a good player but certainly not a worldclass CB and he won't become one either. For all his ability on the ball he is still no Boateng or Hummels in that area and his above average controbution as ball playing CB just doesn't compensate for his weaknesses even in our system. So good luck to any club who wants to buy him as CB and pay him an insane wage.
Probably you are right but for us he might have been a good fit as partner for Captain Harry. There are probably better and cheaper options out there, but I am not really watching a lot of football beside United so most names I only know from what I have read and Alaba has proven his worth, and I think he has not been too injury prone as well.

His wage demands seem a bit out of order, but I personally believe that it is not only about the money. He spent his whole career at Bayern. He could stay there for the next five years, probably winning another five league titles and one more CL trophy. However, if he really wants a new challenge now is the time to go.