David Alaba....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Apparently rejecting 15m euros a year from Bayern...
Thanks. That’s around €290k per week. Would be another player on high wages but his versatility (LB, CB, DM) is an added bonus, and I’ve always been a fan - even though I’ve always thought he wanted to play midfield (which is weird because he’s a world class LB & I don’t think he’s quite at that level in the other positions).

Anyhow, probably not the caliber of player (age wise) we’ll spend big on anymore?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Can play centre back, left back and defensive midfield. Way too good to be true.
The craziest thing is he wouldn’t just play those three positions — he’d basically be our best option in all 3 of those positions (LCB with Maguire at RCB).

Manny

Grammar Police
He wants 400k right? Forget it.

Fantastic player but not worth that or the hassle with all renegotiating of existing contracts

Giggsy13

His versatility is a massive need in our squad. He’s an upgrade at LB, would do well at CM and maybe even take starts from lindelof. This should be a no brainer but we have a brainless transfer strategy so don’t count on us doubt anything smart.

ReallyUSA

288k a week isn't that crazy for someone with his ability. Don't we now pay Shaw about 190k a week?

He will end up staying at Bayern. They won't let him leave.
Yeah few places stated he makes that. I was assuming who was looking for more than that which would put him higher than Pogs. I agree, doubt he's leaving

croadyman

His versatility is a massive need in our squad. He’s an upgrade at LB, would do well at CM and maybe even take starts from lindelof. This should be a no brainer but we have a brainless transfer strategy so don’t count on us doubt anything smart.
Yeah there is no argument his versatility is very useful but Falk has come straight out and flattened it so reckon that's the end of it

Chief123

Christian Falk has come out and said it’s nonsense. If any journo would know Bayern it’s him.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
What’s his contract situation like? What sort of fee and wages? Always been a massive fan.
If recent speculation is true we've only got money for half a player this season. Signing a left back of Alaba's stature, at this stage of his career, for the money he's after, is about as likely to happen as the Glazers starting to put their own money into the club.

paulscholes18

The sort of signings we need to stay away from, if he was to come here it be for one reason and one reason only like why Sanchez & Di Maria signed for us

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
I don't think these kind of decisions are made during an ongoing CL campaign, to be honest. It's more likely they're not even negotiating at the moment and wait until after sunday..

Decomposing In Paris

What would he cost? He’s world class, & in great form. I think he’ll stay, but my dream signings would be Sancho, Thiago, & Alaba. Not the three best players in the world, but perfect for us.

Imagine how solid we would be with 3 at the back, with Shaw & Alaba able to cover each other & potentially overlap in attack... or 4 at the back with Alaba’s pace and instincts next to Maguire. Thiago & Pogba taking men out of the game... Fernandes feeding 3 of our young, dynamic front 4.... De Gea pressurised into world classes mode again by some genuine competition. It’s not going to happen, but I have a dream...

dbs235

Think it would be nice for him to play in another top league while he's still in his prime. Will probably win his second UCL this week and he's won enough Bundesliga's now. Would love to see him in the PL, but think it's more likely he'd go to Spain.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Right. So we’re supposedly after a left back and a centre back but nobody has a clue who they are. David Alaba wants to leave this summer if they don’t agree a new deal. He clearly has an exit strategy. So where is he going?

City are signing Koulibaly
Madrid aren’t signing anyone this summer
Chelsea want Rice
Liverpool can’t afford a kettle
Arsenal are useless
Barcelona are a mess

If he is leaving the only clubs that make logical sense are surely us or PSG?

croadyman

Right. So we’re supposedly after a left back and a centre back but nobody has a clue who they are. David Alaba wants to leave this summer if they don’t agree a new deal. He clearly has an exit strategy. So where is he going?

Chelsea want Rice
Arsenal are useless
Barcelona are a mess

Think similar to his Bayern team mate we are put off by his wage demands as well

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

Chelsea want Rice
Arsenal are useless
Barcelona are a mess

Can't see any club willing to pay a fee and meet his wage demands, tbh. If Alaba leaves, he most likely will do so as a free agent next summer.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’d be perfect, especially as we seemingly want a left-sided centre half in particular, but this one doesn’t look a goer for a number if reasons.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He’d be perfect, especially as we seemingly want a left-sided centre half in particular, but this one doesn’t look a goer for a number if reasons.
He allegedly(!) would only go to Real or Barca and allegedly(!) is asking for a 5 year contract at €25m p.a. (£440k pw :lol:). Absolutely no chance of getting that IMHO.

NoLogo

He is amazing, albeit I would certainly see him as a left FB not as a CB, it's a bonus he can play that but I think his real strength is on the left flank. The wage demands are insane though and tbh I don't think there is any club in the world willing to pay what he asks for.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He is amazing, albeit I would certainly see him as a left FB not as a CB, it's a bonus he can play that but I think his real strength is on the left flank. The wage demands are insane though and tbh I don't think there is any club in the world willing to pay what he asks for.
Some clubs might be willing to meet his agent‘s demands next year when he can move on a free. Those „leaked“ demands (£440k pw and 10m for the agent) will obviously not be met by Bayern in the current climate. So it seems like an angle to move him for free next season to maximize the cash to player and agent.

GameOn

He allegedly(!) would only go to Real or Barca and allegedly(!) is asking for a 5 year contract at €25m p.a. (£440k pw :lol:). Absolutely no chance of getting that IMHO.
I thought that he would be a great fit for us, since he can play left FB and CB.

Then I read the statements ("Only considers Real and Barca not to be a clear downgrade") and his wage-demands (£440k pw).

Who in the world is going to pay that?

I don't think there is a single club that's considering this nonsense, especially since it could also cause a turmoil in the lockerroom ("If Alaba is getting £440k pw, I want that, too!").

This is Alaba we're talking about. Certainly a very good defender, but he's hardly a Beckenbauer, Maldini or Baresi. In fact I would say that he's not even been amongst the five or six most important Bayern players last season (Neuer, Lewandowski, Kimmich, Goretzka, Müller, Gnabry). Let alone his rather mediocre performances the last few years before 19/20.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If Bayern give him a four year contract on €25m p.a. it costs them €100m. If they let him go for free, sign a replacement for say €50m on say €12.5m wages, half of Alaba's supposed demands, then it costs them €100m over four years as well and the player might even be worse. It's obviously napkin math at best and you can call Alaba and his agent greedy, but I doubt they are delusional.

Last edited:

Suedesi

Allegedly, Pini Zahavi wants a double digit million signing fee for himself - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bayern can hold on to him until next year and let him be someone else's problem (ours, RM, Barca?) and get Upamecano for 45m.

Status
Not open for further replies.