David Alaba....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SinNombre

If Bayern give him a four year contract on €25m p.a. it costs them €100m. If they let him go for free, sign a replacement for say €50m on say €12.5m wages, half of Alaba's supposed demands, then it costs them €100m over four years as well and the player might even be worse. It's obviously napkin math at best and you can call Alaba and his agent greedy, but I doubt they are delusional.
This is the direction more and more players will take in the coming years.

Why should Leicester make 80m pounds from Maguire? Same for Sancho and Bvb?

Player power will continue going up, and more and more players will move on a free (or with 12 months or less left on their contracts).

Alaba will move next summer and the signing club will give him the €100m wages over 4 years and €20m for Zahavi, so a total €120m investment.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hoeneß has explicitly said that right now no player at Bayern can earn more than Lewandowski and Neuer. They absolutely cannot give in to Alaba's (agent's) demands, or they will have to raise salaries of half the squad considerably and take a massive hit to their finances. To Alaba it's probably about appreciation for his long loyalty and contribution to the club's successes, but from the outside it's just a staggering display of greed. You're already a multi millionaire, man.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
If Bayern give him a four year contract on €25m p.a. it costs them €100m. If they let him go for free, sign a replacement for say €50m on say €12.5m wages, half of Alaba's supposed demands, then it costs them €100m over four years as well and the player might even be worse. It's obviously napkin math at best and you can call Alaba and his agent greedy, but I doubt they are delusional.
That replacement is already there, we've even paid a record fee for it.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
That replacement is yet to look like anything worth of the record fee though.
That's true but on the other hand last year noone would have ever thought of Alaba as CB. Things can change fast in football and let's be real here, despite KHR's statement, Alaba is not the "black Beckenbauer". He is a good CB with great buildup and one of the leaders within the team. That makes him valuable to us in our setup but he isn't a CB like for example Van Dijk who would probably work in pretty much any team (and Alaba's performance in the CL tournament wasn't impressive either tbh, own goal vs Barca and a big blunder vs PSG which Mbappe luckily didn't use).
There are also alternatives on the horizon (Upamecano for example) so it's not like it'd be impossible to replace Alaba. It'd be sad because he pretty much grew up in the club but there are limits to what a player can ask.
That's why I don't really get why Alaba and his father are trying to go this far. We are a perfect fit for Alaba as a player and he has a very reasonable offer on the table so it is kind of irritating that things got to this point. I can respect it if a player simply wants a change and communicates that clearly and then presents a club who will pay for him but what is happening currently doesn't really seem honest.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Completely agree about Alaba. It'd be a shame and a loss to see him go, but he should not be kept at ridiculous cost, because it will set a precedent for many more of our players. No idea if Hernandez could adequately replace him at CB or LB (when Davies needs rest).

Kamprad

One of my favourite players for the last 10 years. But don’t know if it’s these kind of players United should sign at the moment. If he goes he should go to a club that is more ready for the big trophies.

SinNombre

Completely agree about Alaba. It'd be a shame and a loss to see him go, but he should not be kept at ridiculous cost, because it will set a precedent for many more of our players. No idea if Hernandez could adequately replace him at CB or LB (when Davies needs rest).
Would you guys sell him this summer then, or let him leave on a free next year?

GameOn

That's true but on the other hand last year noone would have ever thought of Alaba as CB. Things can change fast in football and let's be real here, despite KHR's statement, Alaba is not the "black Beckenbauer". He is a good CB with great buildup and one of the leaders within the team. That makes him valuable to us in our setup but he isn't a CB like for example Van Dijk who would probably work in pretty much any team (and Alaba's performance in the CL tournament wasn't impressive either tbh, own goal vs Barca and a big blunder vs PSG which Mbappe luckily didn't use).
There are also alternatives on the horizon (Upamecano for example) so it's not like it'd be impossible to replace Alaba. It'd be sad because he pretty much grew up in the club but there are limits to what a player can ask.
That's why I don't really get why Alaba and his father are trying to go this far. We are a perfect fit for Alaba as a player and he has a very reasonable offer on the table so it is kind of irritating that things got to this point. I can respect it if a player simply wants a change and communicates that clearly and then presents a club who will pay for him but what is happening currently doesn't really seem honest.
I'm not the biggest Bayern expert, but I would've said the same.

Alaba is a good player, but he never struck me as irreplacable. I think your board might also want Flick to really try Hernandez as a starter at one point, since it would be a €80 million failure, if not.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Why is he not being offered to other clubs then?
Because the club's stance so far was that a contract extension would be reached eventually. Also Alaba has so far not expressed a wish to play somewhere else, unlike Thiago.

SinNombre

Because the club's stance so far was that a contract extension would be reached eventually. Also Alaba has so far not expressed a wish to play somewhere else, unlike Thiago.
I think the last few comments from the club seem unnecessary if they wanted an agreement to be reached.

Kind of hard for both parties to step down from here.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I think the last few comments from the club seem unnecessary if they wanted an agreement to be reached.

Kind of hard for both parties to step down from here.
They probably felt like something harsh would be necessary to get this moving into either direction. Months have gone by, and seemingly the Alaba camp has not moved one inch in terms of their demands. Now we're close to the start of the season, and this crap is still not settled.

SinNombre

They probably felt like something harsh would be necessary to get this moving into either direction. Months have gone by, and seemingly the Alaba camp has not moved one inch in terms of their demands. Now we're close to the start of the season, and this crap is still not settled.
Makes sense but what if nothing has changed and it is end of September.

Will you guys put him on the market for €20-25m?

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I think he would perfectly fit in beside Maguire as left CB. And he could also cover for LB so maybe we should make use of the actual situation and start talks.
Would make more sense than looking at Thiago in my opinion.

Tonicruise

Supports
FC Bayern
Quite sad really, always liked Alaba he's been here all his career. Would be a blow if he ended up leaving but i can't understand why he and is agent are so greedy. He's already got £100M in the bank why does he he feel the need to to be so greedy and ask for ridiciuolous numbers. Whats even more messed up is that his agent seems to think he is entitled to €20m for getting the player to sign a contract, wtf is the world coming to. €20MILLION for an agent to sign an extension. FK modern football.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool

Allegedly, Pini Zahavi wants a double digit million signing fee for himself - :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bayern can hold on to him until next year and let him be someone else's problem (ours, RM, Barca?) and get Upamecano for 45m.
I find it amazing that players retain agents like this where it is so obvious that the agent's financial interests are hampering the player's interests.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
kicker writing that Bayern have made it clear they won't upgrade their contract proposal. Zahavi is free to find a club willing to pay what he wants for Alaba and himself, otherwise it's this contract or leaving as a free agent next year. Which obviously nobody at the club can want either.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
kicker writing that Bayern have made it clear they won't upgrade their contract proposal. Zahavi is free to find a club willing to pay what he wants for Alaba and himself, otherwise it's this contract or leaving as a free agent next year. Which obviously nobody at the club can want either.
Fair play to Bayern. Wish we were ran more like them. Don't be bullied by these players and super agents as no player is irreplaceable bar maybe Messi. Football world just keep moving on and previous players are quickly forgotten about.

Marcus

I’m camping myself back in here. He starts as our LCB and covers Shaw when he inevitably gets injured. The perfect signing.
I will join you. The perfect 2 in 1 cover for our problem areas.

GameOn

His agent completely denied that story about his fees and also what Alaba was asking for. Maybe he just wants a new challenge like Thiago?
Salihamidzic basically confirmed in the kicker interview, that Zahavi/Alaba are indeed asking for 20+ million/year.

Like I said before, good player, but no way I want him at Utd with those wage demands.

Just imagine what our other players would start to demand...

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Salihamidzic basically confirmed in the kicker interview, that Zahavi/Alaba are indeed asking for 20+ million/year.

Like I said before, good player, but no way I want him at Utd with those wage demands.

Just imagine what our other players would start to demand...
It’s possible the club may be spinning a yarn to justify why they’re losing him in addition to Thiago. Like I say the agent has heavily refuted that claim. If it is true though where could he possibly be going? PSG? City are after Koulibaly by all accounts.

Pep's Suit

It’s possible the club may be spinning a yarn to justify why they’re losing him in addition to Thiago. Like I say the agent has heavily refuted that claim. If it is true though where could he possibly be going? PSG? City are after Koulibaly by all accounts.
Don't think PSG can afford him and City turned their attention from Koulibaly to Gimenez.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think what’s likely at this point is Alaba leaving on a free next season. *Assuming the rumours about wage/agent is true* — nobody can/will pay that currently, and there’s no way Bayern will relent to such demands. They’re too “football purist” for that.

Saving face and let him walk on a free seems a very Bayern thing to do. I don’t think they can afford to lose both Thiago and Alaba in the same window — especially when there’s nobody as talented as either available at the moment.

Andersons Dietician

Depending on fees and wages if I was United I’d be all over this and transplant him straight in to the midfield as the DM.

GameOn

No, as far as I remember Bayern are usually pretty straightforward in those matters.

They don't attack their players/agents, if their demands aren't really outrageous. They let players like Kroos, Schweisteiger and Thiago walk without any kind of drama. In Kroos' case he demanded a lot of money, too, which Bayern didn't want to pay. It never turned into such a soap opera though.

Alaba hiring Zahavi a few months ago probably already was a sign that this will get ugly.

dinostar77

I dont have any issue with Alba being "greedy". Its the last big contract of his football career. What i do have an issue with his agent asking for £20mil. Thats outrageous. Anyway Bayern are in for Sergio Dest. I presume as a backup for Alphonso Davis. I think Alba is a better LB than a CB personally. They have Hernandez and Sule who can play alongside Boateng if Alba leaves.

Pre-covid i could see him going to Madrid or Barcelona. Now who knows? Madrid are trying to sort their finances out/save money for Mbappe next summer. Barcelona have an emergency vote of no confidence happening soon with their president so who knows what they will plan if he gets the boot. I think Alba will stay at Bayern, though if i were City id pay him and his agent what they want and get him to City. He'd solve their LB issue in an instant and is good enough to play in midfield when Guardiola has a brainfart in the CL knockout stages and messes about with his selection and players.

I'd take him at utd, no doubt for a second. However we aren't gonna pay those type of wages anymore.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Mihai

I find it amazing that players retain agents like this where it is so obvious that the agent's financial interests are hampering the player's interests.
As if players don't agree to it or don't instruct their agents to act this way.

kolli

Not in Bayern‘s squad today. Please Ed...This guy would transform our defence, pay him
whatever he wants

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Not in the squad tonight :nervous:
Apparently he hasn't been training with the squad the last few days already. No confirmation of any injury.

Last edited:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Not in Bayern‘s squad today. Please Ed...This guy would transform our defence, pay him
whatever he wants
20 million a year and 30 million fee over 5 years is 130 million for alaba in his prime

80 million for koullibally and 10 million a year for 5 years is 130 million for a player who will be past his best by the end of the contract

Even with the wages its not that bad a deal though I suspect he will stay and sign a pre contract with somebody in the winter window (what is that 16 weeks away or something?)

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
20 million a year and 30 million fee over 5 years is 130 million for alaba in his prime

80 million for koullibally and 10 million a year for 5 years is 130 million for a player who will be past his best by the end of the contract

Even with the wages its not that bad a deal though I suspect he will stay and sign a pre contract with somebody in the winter window (what is that 16 weeks away or something?)
You're forgetting the 20M € for the agent.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
What do you think will happen with him
I don't think he'll leave this summer. There are probably only three clubs in the world he'd be interested to join and two of them won't be in for him this summer. Additionally talks wouldn't be quite as easy as with Liverpool/Thiago and its getting very late in the window. Imo, he'll stay and I have no idea if he is going to renew his contract. I wouldn't read into the public stuff and it might drag out for another 3-5 month.

Status
Not open for further replies.