David Brooks

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
We can sign Championship players until mid-October, right?

Would strongly imagine we'll sign him after October 5th if we fail with Sancho/Bale
Could it be more exciting to play Tony Elanga in some League Cup matches ?

I'm still not sure how Brooks will respond with prerformances after nasty injury.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nobody thinks we should sign Brooks to start or because he's world class. He's a clear improvement to our squad depth and the deal should be absolutely simple to do. I'd definitely sign him.
He wouldn’t be simple to do that’s the problem. Apparently Leicester were quoted £50m for him.

SER19

He wouldn’t be simple to do that’s the problem. Apparently Leicester were quoted £50m for him.
If United were in for him and he wanted to come the player can make life difficult for a club already relegated and without fans for the foreseeable future. Genuinely think they'd snap your hand off for 35m if he were to request to leave but of course that's just my gut feeling

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Quite amusing reading the OP “developments could happen very quickly”. 4 weeks on there hasn’t been a murmur.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Could it be more exciting to play Tony Elanga in some League Cup matches ?

I'm still not sure how Brooks will respond with prerformances after nasty injury.
Not sure he's ever played RW? Might be wrong but he's usually up front or LW when I've seen him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not sure he's ever played RW? Might be wrong but he's usually up front or LW when I've seen him.
He’s played both LW and RW. He’s more effective coming off the right on to his left foot but he can play through the middle .

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He’s played both LW and RW. He’s more effective coming off the right on to his left foot but he can play through the middle .
Oh nice. I've never seen him on the right, he's a talent for sure, but he's quite a way off the first team I'd have thought

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If tomorrow never comes..

Then we have more time to sign sancho. Meanwhile Ed’s off to buy tickets to see David brooks in concert

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
It’s like heading out to restaurant for a fillet steak,
balking at the high cost, walking out and then settling on a Big Mac on the way home.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
It’s like heading out to restaurant for a fillet steak,
balking at the high cost, walking out and then settling on a Big Mac on the way home.
Big Mac does the job though and is still tasty

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Exactly.
£50M to Leicester means £60M to United.
Brooks is a decent player, but you have just got to be joking at these prices.

Having said that, I could see a final day double panic signing of Brooks and King for whatever Bournemouth want...!!

HowYouDoin

The thing with David Brooks...if we are not getting Sancho there is no justification in getting Brooks. 40 mil for Brooks is far more expensive than 120 for Sancho.
There are players of Brooks' quality in places like Portugal, Croatia etc that can be had for 10-15 mil. So no no way should we get Brooks

NJM78

Praying that time slows down and enables us to finally get a resolution with Sancho whilst also praying the window ends in 10 minutes so we don't have time to sign Brooks.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Just seen that Twitter ITK account has said we’re after Brooks now :lol: would have to be a loan with option to buy if so cause we’re skint now surely. Won’t get my hopes up over sketchy rumours though ;) actually, I will

SATA

Just seen that Twitter ITK account has said we’re after Brooks now :lol: would have to be a loan with option to buy if so cause we’re skint now surely. Won’t get my hopes up over sketchy rumours though ;) actually, I will
Hope you do buy him mate so he can stay away from United as an option

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Didn’t Bournemouth buy him from you originally?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
We truly have become Liverpool in the Roy Hodgson era if this happens
I remember many similar sneering comments when we were heavily linked with Mane.

Brooks is a good player. Hope we pick him up.