David Carmo

Kaushal

Bailly & Jones want to leave. Tuanzebe is still going on loan at 25 so I’d expect him to leave in search of football. Don’t forget Lindelof has back problems, and was dropped by Sweden recently for continued back problems, Varane is made of glass and Maguire had a few games out too. We don’t really have any kids who can step up and matic is gone so cover is probably McTominay

we have 2 right backs & Laird who is capable of backup. They are not the best right backs, I don’t rate either but they may have to do until next window.

midfield I see us buying one and blooding 2-3 of our young players. Garner & levitt have had good loans and Hannibal is ready for a taster too. I think Fred is still a decent player who could get better under Ten Hag, particularly in a 3. VDB will return and definitely play more under ETH

forward I can see us getting one but not a RW. I think we may get Nunez. ETH will look to see if he can improve Rashford & possibly Martial if he’s not sold.

we obviously can’t do it all this window so I think it’ll be CB, CM, FW.

RW, RB and maybe LB next window.

obviously depending on sales we may add 1 or 2 to this season
We have two of the worst right backs in the league. No matter how you slice it they don’t cut it. Same goes for Mctominay and Fred. Laird is a non starter. Couldn’t even get games at Bournemouth. At the minimum we have to sign two midfielders, RB and a forward before a cb but that is just my opinion.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You do know not all players we’re linked to are actually of any interest don’t you? We’ve been linked to over a dozen central defenders in the last 2 months. Carmo won’t be of interest I’m pretty certain of it.
Carmo was linked to us when ole was here. He's clearly someone we're following relatively closely from a scouting perspective.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We have two of the worst right backs in the league. No matter how you slice it they don’t cut it. Same goes for Mctominay and Fred. Laird is a non starter. Couldn’t even get games at Bournemouth. At the minimum we have to sign two midfielders, RB and a forward before a cb but that is just my opinion.
We ain’t signing two midfielders this window, we haven’t been linked to anyone recently but DeJong.
Fred is a good player who can get better in a better system with coaches who know what they are doing. He was arguably one of our best players last season. Not saying much I know but we still finished top half of the table.
a RB I don’t think will be signed either unless someone adaptable like Timber is signed. Otherwise I suspect ETH will try and get a tunE out of Dalot

Red_toad

Carmo was linked to us when ole was here. He's clearly someone we're following relatively closely from a scouting perspective.
We were linked to Gaitan for several years, so goes to prove speculation can be based on nothing! We’re still being linked to Milinkovic-Savic currently. Media sure love some click bait for people to buy into.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
We were linked to Gaitan for several years, so goes to prove speculation can be based on nothing! We’re still being linked to Milinkovic-Savic currently. Media sure love some click bait for people to buy into.
I doubt they'd pick a young CB from Braga as the rumour of choice clickbait or traffic.

We've definitely had scouts reported at games to watch him and he fits the profile of what we need. We just don't know how highly we would rank him based on all the other CBs.

Just don't think you can flippantly say you're certain we have no interest in him, when we obviously do from our efforts to scout him.

Red_toad

I doubt they'd pick a young CB from Braga as the rumour of choice clickbait or traffic.

We've definitely had scouts reported at games to watch him and he fits the profile of what we need. We just don't know how highly we would rank him based on all the other CBs.

Just don't think you can flippantly say you're certain we have no interest in him, when we obviously do from our efforts to scout him.
Sorry for expressing my opinion on a forum where opinions are allowed!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Sorry for expressing my opinion on a forum where opinions are allowed!
Well the point of a forum is discussion, not just state your opinions unchallenged.

Fine if that's your opinion though, I just think there's plenty to suggest there's longstanding interest. That's my opinion!

TheDosser56

I'd sign this lad over Timber. Over 6ft, pacey and strong.

There is a reason Liverpool wanted him a few seasons ago when they had an injury crisis. He's very much like a young Van Dijk. Liverpool scouts and recruitment department are never wrong.

he will be cheaper than Timber too. And United's success rate in signing players from the Portuguese League is very good. Actually generally the signings from the Portuguese League to the Premier League are a success. Look at Diaz tearing it up for Liverpool. I don't know if the Portuguese League is better suited to the Premier League but the players from there seem to adapt better than say players from the Dutch League.

Calmo has just got called up to the senior Portugal team. So once he starts playing his price tag will soar. If I was Manchester United I'd be trying to get him now. He will be a world superstar in a few years.

Last edited: