View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Boycott

Yeah it seems like he's gone back to the form right at the start where you can't blame him directly but it's not taking much to beat him.

Oggmonster

I think it's a bit unfair to blame him for the 3rd goal (or any goal from today really) he was hardly going to predict the whole defence to stop moving. He was slow off his line twice other than that he did nothing wrong. Seems odd to criticise him today really.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Yeah it seems like he's gone back to the form right at the start where you can't blame him directly but it's not taking much to beat him.
Aye which makes comments like it would only take a Neuer or a Courtois to be able to replace him a bit of a mockery.

ZDwyr

Hard to lay a lot of blame on him, but no doubt he could have done better. Obviously you wonder how focused he is at the moment.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Shit today, was not being decisive and should have done better for at least the third goal.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
De Gea wasn't the cause of our result today, but has to be the worst performance I have seen from him in a long time. Just looked like he didn't care - terrible positioning for their third goal, and didn't come for the ball a couple of times.

Mister_Stubbs

Sooner he fecks off the better, it's becoming a soap opera now and it's starting to effect he's performances.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I think he forgot that he's allowed out the box...

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Send him to Madrid today if he's not arsed. Can't be bothered with that kind of attitude - the season's not over yet.

Natener

And if we look at the rest of the team, 7 or 8 of the players also looked like they didn't care and have their heads in madrid as well.... jesus

The whole team had a bad day out, simple as that for me.

Acole9

Outstanding
Who cares if he's in team of the year really. I'm getting fed up with this contract nonsense now, where's the loyalty? Us fans backed him to come good when he struggled initially and now he's come good he wants to bugger off. He was so indecisive today putting his team mates under pressure I think the speculation could be affecting him.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
On a more positive note, De Gea was named to the PFA team of the year for the second time in his career (first one in 2012/ 2013).

Van der Sar was named to the team thrice and Petr Cech twice in over a decade at Chelsea, so it's kind of big accomplishment for David considering the fact that he's still just 24 years old. Hopefully he pisses on the Madrid talk, stays put for the long haul, and is further selected for a bunch of these. :)

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Very insightful post.

Care to tell me where I'm wrong? The guy in recent weeks haa conceded poor goals, is making half hearted decisions and still hasn't revealed what he's plans are.
What do you expect him to do? Tell everyone what he's thinking?

Darkpulse

Very insightful post.

Care to tell me where I'm wrong? The guy in recent weeks haa conceded poor goals, is making half hearted decisions and still hasn't revealed what he's plans are.
That is called considering his options, and (perhaps) getting distracted. He does not come out and say LVG is shite, RM is the best, etc. Hardly soap opera.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He's been very poor at coming off his line for a long time. In recent weeks, it looked like he had sharpened up that side of his game as his starting positions have been great in the games against Spurs, City and Liverpool when the ball has gone in behind the defence, but he was glued to his line on a number of occasions, with defenders screaming at him to claim the ball, which has been common in his time here. He needs to keep working on that.

I still don't want us to lose him. Pulled off a typical DDG save from Mirallas in the 2nd half, but we were torn apart on the counter. Not a great day for him, but he's still on another level to all but 2 other goalkeepers in the world.

Mister_Stubbs

What do you expect him to do? Tell everyone what he's thinking?
In perfect world yes. The club want to keep him, the manager has confirmed we've offered him a large contract whilst we hear reports he has rejected it and wants to leave. If he wanted to stay he'd have quashed these rumors by now but he hasn't. Today was the first time it looked like he's head was in a different place.

Bojan11

I don't know what people expect him to do when they are 1vs1 against him or in the case of the last goal 2vs1.

Maybe people should blame the defenders.

ottosec

Shit positioning for the third goal, but other than that there was nothing he could have done better.

Looks like some feckers here are going overboard over some shit article from AS...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
In perfect world yes. The club want to keep him, the manager has confirmed we've offered him a large contract whilst we hear reports he has rejected it and wants to leave. If he wanted to stay he'd have quashed these rumors by now but he hasn't. Today was the first time it looked like he's head was in a different place.
Since when do players clue everyone in on what they're thinking?

ZDwyr

So we should just be cool with him playing like he'd rather be somewhere else?
No, of course not. But we don't know that that is the reason he was poor. To say the sooner he leaves the better is just short sighted I think.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Seems a bit off, though I wouldnt really blame him for any of the goals. Seemed more undecisive then in recent games, failing to come out to sweep up the throughballs and generally didnt seem to trust McNair for some reason.

binary bot
Very insightful post.

You've decided that the keeper that's won us countless games this season should feck off based on overreacting to a performance in which 11 players were dogshit.

Interpretation of goalkeeping performances has a lot to do with hindsight. During a goal in which the defence has left Everton basically 2 on 1 with the keeper, I find it difficult to fault him there, his approach to that isn't majorly different from the way he went about saving one on ones versus Hazard and Wilshere, and in this one Mirallas had the Lukaku square ball on. The first goal is just a case of you win some, you lose some - absolutely no fault there.

So his head being in Madrid comes down to not coming off his line one or two times, something which he's been guilty of long before Madrid came into the equation.

Mister_Stubbs

Since when do players clue everyone in on what they're thinking?
They generally don't but when a saga like this starts to effect performances when we still have plenty to do to get a top four place it doesn't bode well.

No, of course not. But we don't know that that is the reason he was poor. To say the sooner he leaves the better is just short sighted I think.
Same as above, we need all our players fully focused on the task at hand otherwise we could shot ourselves in the foot in regards to top four. Today it looked as if he's mind was elsewhere.

MoneyMay

He's been awful for a few weeks going back to Liverpool away.
Was he awful against Aston Villa, Manchester City, and Chelsea?

Sooner he fecks off the better, it's becoming a soap opera now and it's starting to effect he's performances.
This is nonsense. People need to be a bit more rational. Today's performance was similar to his performances at the start of the season. One good save, but his performance was filled with tentative steps. He's obviously worked on his positioning (his sweeping has significantly improved), but people need to accept that these performances happen.

Mister_Stubbs

You've decided that the keeper that's won us countless games this season should feck off based on overreacting to a performance in which 11 players were dogshit.

Interpretation of goalkeeping performances has a lot to do with hindsight. During a goal in which the defence has left Everton basically 2 on 1 with the keeper, I find it difficult to fault him there, his approach to that isn't majorly different from the way he went about saving one on ones versus Hazard and Wilshere, and in this one Mirallas had the Lukaku square ball on. The first goal is just a case of you win some, you lose some - absolutely no fault there.

So his head being in Madrid comes down to not coming off his line one or two times, something which he's been guilty of long before Madrid came into the equation.
I've decided that he should feck off because it's rather obvious it's what he wants and I have no time for player who don't want to play for this club.

In recent weeks he has conceded goals that he wouldn't have earlier in the season. He's decision making has been half hearted at times as well recently.

He of course wasn't the sole reason we lost today, we were pathetic all over the field. The first goal as you mentioned was one of those where you either save it or you don't, the margins are that tight. He's starting position for the second goal was poor and as for the third, whilst again it was a definsive howler, it looked as if he just gave up and offered the guy the whole of he's near post.