View full 2014-15 profile

6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

ricky-romeo

Time to get him a world class defense. Just like schmeichel had with bruce-pallister and stam-johnson , van der sar with rio-vidic-evra. Hope he just signs that fecking contract sooner.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
His positioning on the free kick was poor in my opinion but once he had got us into trouble he more than made up for it.

cyberman

How a story is formed.. Balague has just said De Gea has probably agreed to join Madrid because Iker ran down the tunnel at full time without clapping the fans.
#ballbaglogic
If he stayed applauding the fans it would be spun as an emotional goodbye

Kakeru

What can I say? He saved his teammates' arses so many times again.

Time to get him a world class defense. Just like schmeichel had with bruce-pallister and stam-johnson , van der sar with rio-vidic-evra. Hope he just signs that fecking contract sooner.
Yeah, they should just sort out the Ds now through deals ASAP. At least, it would allow DDG to breathe a little easier when thinking of the prospect of playing at United next year.

Morpheus 7

He's just ridiculous, so many big saves this season alone. Blank cheque woody, keep the bromance threesome together;)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Reducing shot angle almost to zero in hopeless situation. Some of our defenders should think of giving him half of their salaries. Sometimes he literally saves them from being sold to a championship side.

prarek

I can't believe there are people in here who actually said they wouldn't mind if DDG left if that meant we got Bale in return. Do you have any idea how many points he's won(or saved) us this season?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
His poor positioning on the free kick was probably more Madrid-bound body language. One step closer to home.

lol. Nothing wrong his positioning. Shit wall, and a clever free kick.

Tibs

How much is a Champions League place worth?

That is the worth of Big Dave to us

Annahnomoss

I can't believe there are people in here who actually said they wouldn't mind if DDG left if that meant we got Bale in return. Do you have any idea how many points he's won(or saved) us this season?
So many that it has become hard to count. I said it earlier but I would love it if somebody put the work in to count how many matches he won us points in. Becomes a completely personal opinion to decide which saves qualifies as "supposed to be goals" but would still be amazing to see such statistics.

The feeling is that he's one of the best match winners in the league.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
How much is a Champions League place worth?

That is the worth of Big Dave to us
£60 million I think?

Either way, unfortunately most of us have come to accept that he is on his way out.

We'll be lucky to get over £25 million for him I think.

poisson

broken record, best ignored.
That save, just wow! Can't remember the last time I saw such a magnificent save like that before but that surely has to be up there as one of the best!

Djemba-Djemba

That save was just incredible.

He makes loads of good saves but what truly sets him apart are ones like today. Those ones where you're already resigned to it being a goal and it's a shock it doesn't go in. He's made about 7 or 8 wonder saves this season, he's just so good.

What the feck are we going to do when he goes?

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
It was like the save against Hazard at Old Trafford as when the chance fell, I just dropped my head and shut my eyes not wanting to see the goal only to hear he pulled off the impossible.

I need to start believing in him more I think but then they will start slotting them home if I start watching. Best stay the same.

Trizy

One small criticism... Did anyone else think his positioning was too far to the opposite post for the Puncheon's free kick? The free kick wasn't exactly in the top corner. Obviously Blind is also to blame for not wanting to risk getting any dirt in his locks. It must have been agreed beforehand that the wall wasn't going to jump, so he should have known there was more danger to that corner. He almost set up like he was expecting a cross.

Credit @GifLord
I think he was positioned well, that free kick was too close to get it over the wall and down into goals without hitting the wall so the only realistic chance of scoring was crossing it to/or shoot at the back post where De Gea was.

99/100 free kicks from there shooting near post will hit the wall or go over, completely Blinds fault.

WyoManU

Far and away our player of the season, which if we are being honest means we suck as a team and depended on our keeper to bail us out. And he has. Single handedly got us top 4. Bravo. Now don't go to Madrid.

Leg-End

That save though. They slowed it down on MOTD and pointed it out, he doesn't take his eye off the ball.

m1y2

Is he the player of the season in the league? If we finished higher than third maybe he could be.. proly hazard will take it

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Is he the player of the season in the league? If we finished higher than third maybe he could be.. proly hazard will take it
Player of the Season has already been announced and Hazard has won it. Over the course of the season I'd have given it to de Gea though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I had already basically accepted that palace were 2-1 up and we had blown it AGAIN, and then somehow the beautiful bastard saved it?!?! I mean nobody should be giving the keeper a chance from that close, but thank god DDG got a hand to that, he really has been the reason we got 4th this year.

We have to keep him at whatever cost.

ZDwyr

He's incredible. I actually thought he would save it. I have no idea why I thought that, because he is just so good I guess. If we get top four then he should have won POTY. Please stay Dave! feck Bale and however much money we would get.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That save was one of the best I've ever seen. I just wish he was from stretford so he could spend the rest of his career here.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
The scary thing is that he is just 24 and (in general) nowhere near the typical peak of a goalie.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Iker was terrible last night and got lots of abuse from the Real fans. There is no doubt at all that Real will try hard for him this summer, I just hope he realises that if the Madrid crowd can do that to one of their biggest legends then he with his Atletico connections would have a hard time as soon as he has a dip. Also as a team we are below Real right now but in terms of defending we are no worse, they are absolutely terrible at the back as well and he will be making a zillion saves a match there too.

OneUnited24

Iker was terrible last night and got lots of abuse from the Real fans. There is no doubt at all that Real will try hard for him this summer, I just hope he realises that if the Madrid crowd can do that to one of their biggest legends then he with his Atletico connections would have a hard time as soon as he has a dip. Also as a team we are below Real right now but in terms of defending we are no worse, they are absolutely terrible at the back as well and he will be making a zillion saves a match there too.
Thing is if DDG goes this summer would he get a starting place at Real? Iker is a big presence in the Madrid dressing room and you feel DDG would be a cup keeper playing understudy to him in the league. I see it that way unless Iker leaves - Would DDG risk a place at the Euros in 2016 when he knows he'd be a starter here?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Thing is if DDG goes this summer would he get a starting place at Real? Iker is a big presence in the Madrid dressing room and you feel DDG would be a cup keeper playing understudy to him in the league. I see it that way unless Iker leaves - Would DDG risk a place at the Euros in 2016 when he knows he'd be a starter here?
Well there is an opposite side to that which is that it's really hard for him to take over the Spain role unless he goes to Madrid. DDG has been sensational for more than 2 years now and yet still Spain keep picking Iker over him so playing at United isn't really helping him on that front