Assists
Yellow cards

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
New thread for the new season.

He's been really impressive on tour. One weakness I think is his newly acquired inability to stop penalties but Louis can fix that. Other than that it's hard to find a single major flaw in his game. Also hope Frans Hoek improves his distribution like he did with Van der Sar and Valdes. It used to be one of his strengths at Atletico but quite frequently last season he was taking aimless punts up-field. So glad we have one of the very best at such a critical position. Think he'll go up a couple of notches in performance, now that another heir apparent to the throne is playing at Chelsea.

PS : Give the man a new contract.

Cina

I'm looking forward to him vs Courtois this season, the two best young GK's in the world, I still can't really decide who's better.

Trizy

Well she can go feck herself, Dave is ours.. probably crush poor Mata too.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Thank god Barca have got 2 goalkeepers in with Ter Stegen just 22. Barcelona would probably be the only team he would move to in Spain and not Real due to his Atletico allegiances. He looks like someone who is passionate about United and I can see him becoming a future United captain once he becomes more experienced. A truly brilliant keeper who is outrageously consistent. The only mistake I remember him making last season was against Sunderland in the semi final of the Carling Cup.

In Rainbows

Not sure what the fuss is over his penalty stopping ability. The goalkeeper has to guess which side. Sometimes they guess right, other times they don't. It's not a problem at all.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
It's very likely that he will leave one day, not just cause of his girlfriend. Hope that's just very far away

HabeasC

Why can't she move to Cheshire? It's beautiful in the Summer.

Raw

Can't remember the last time he stopped a penalty since the 8-2 game against RVP. We barely even conceded penalties since then anyway, but it could be a problem if this defence continues to make silly mistakes.

Although out of the penalties conceded, 1 was Michael Keane's rather unfair handball against Roma, another was Micheal Keane being unable to stop one of the best players in the world in Bale and the other was a silly Jones mistake against a highly talented player in Sterling.

Trizy

You can't blame a keeper for letting in a penalty unless he was the cause of it, otherwise its unfair.

In Rainbows

Can't remember the last time he stopped a penalty since the 8-2 game against RVP. We barely even conceded penalties since then anyway, but it could be a problem if this defence continues to make silly mistakes.

Although out of the penalties conceded, 1 was Michael Keane's rather unfair handball against Roma, another was Micheal Keane being unable to stop one of the best players in the world in Bale and the other was a silly Jones mistake against a highly talented player in Sterling.
Sunderland semi finals.

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
Not counting penalty shootouts I think about 75% of the penalties he's faced since the 8-2 were taken by Gerrard.

Bwuk

Why doesn't she just move to Manchester? Unless our Dave has a few birds on the go here that he doesn't want her finding out about?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Hopefully gets the new deal sorted very soon.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Why doesn't she just move to Manchester? Unless our Dave has a few birds on the go here that he doesn't want her finding out about?
She is a singer or something! Anyway, nothing wrong with what she said, of course it's better to live closer, but she said she wants the best for him and Manchester is not far away!

Inam just glad Barca got Ter Stegen and I would like to believe he won't go to RM because of his Atletico connections. But I am not sure how strongly he really feels for them. After all he already left them as a kid, if he wanted he could have happily stayed there for some more years.

Anyway, he seems extremely happy with us and now with Mata and Herrera there are even more reasons for him to stay here!

Bwuk

De Gea should just dump her and go out and pull women with Herrera and Mata.

Raw

Not counting penalty shootouts I think about 75% of the penalties he's faced since the 8-2 were taken by Gerrard.
Well we conceded 3 in 2011/12, 0 in 2012/13 and 4 in 2013/14. Not sure exactly who they were against but yeah that Liverpool game probably made up most of it.

Irish-Red-7

Should be an absolute priority for the club to sign him up to a new deal.. Real and Barca otherwise will be sniffing around soon.

Top drawer keeper, who this season will more than likely go on to become Spain's no.1

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
De Gea should just dump her and go out and pull women with Herrera and Mata.
Exactly, they will find someone better :lol:

After the transfer window a new contract for Dave should be priority numero uno.

Cantona'sCollar

Exactly, they will find someone better :lol:

After the transfer window a new contract for Dave should be priority numero uno.
Have you seen Edurne? If I were him, I'd be in Spain already for a slice of that. :drool:

And yes, give him whatever he wants. He's our best player, for me.

Brightonian

Does anyone else find that half the time you're watching goals being scored in football matches you're just thinking 'Good strike, but Dave would have saved that.' Feels oddly disrespectful to the striker, but it's hard to deny. Definitely a touch of that going on watching Lewandowski's goal against the MLS all-stars.

It's not just other teams, either. I've had the same thought about a few of our goals on tour.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Does anyone else find that half the time you're watching goals being scored in football matches you're just thinking 'Good strike, but Dave would have saved that.' Feels oddly disrespectful to the striker, but it's hard to deny. Definitely a touch of that going on watching Lewandowski's goal against the MLS all-stars.

It's not just other teams, either. I've had the same thought about a few of our goals on tour.
Yep I do it a lot aswell. When a goal goes in I am almost surprised these days unless its point blank. If it is anything near the edge of the box I have full confidence he will save it.

Acole9

Outstanding
Just read the comments online from his girlfriend. If she misses him that much why doesn't she just come and live here? I know she's a singer/actress/whatever but she can't be that well known, I have a few friends who have lived in Spain for some time now and none of them have heard of her. Get rid of her Dave and Louis shall find you a nice northern lass.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
You'd move anywhere to live with De Gea wouldn't you?

He's probably my favourite United player at the moment, he's just fecking wonderful. I hope he never leaves. He'll be a bigger legend than Schmeichel in 3/4 years.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Just read the comments online from his girlfriend. If she misses him that much why doesn't she just come and live here? I know she's a singer/actress/whatever but she can't be that well known, I have a few friends who have lived in Spain for some time now and none of them have heard of her. Get rid of her Dave and Louis shall find you a nice northern lass.
Think her name to fame is finishing third on X Factor. Genuinely.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I think it says a lot that they are still together despite spending 3 years apart location-wise. It also says a lot that she hasn't moved to Manchester despite De Gea's foreseeable future being at United.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
I'm drunk as feck, but can I just say this... I love de Gea. God bless that lovely bearded man.