6.6 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
His sweeping has gone from being a bit poor tbh to fantastic. He's adding new facets to his game all the time.
Yes, it always annoyed me that he stayed so far back and never came out of the area for long balls. I thought about posting about it on here a lot of times, but I don't think I ever actually did it. Great to see that he's added that to his game now. I was a bit sceptic at the start of the season with him getting another GK coach, but Hoek is a genius.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Yes, it always annoyed me that he stayed so far back and never came out of the area for long balls. I thought about posting about it on here a lot of times, but I don't think I ever actually did it. Great to see that he's added that to his game now. I was a bit sceptic at the start of the season with him getting another GK coach, but Hoek is a genius.
Yeah, agreed. So many facets of his game have dramatically improved this season. Huge credit to the coaching team. I also wonder if Valdes can take some props for what we saw yesterday. He's always been an excellent sweeper keeper and must be giving De Gea a lot of advice/support too.

SirAF

Ageist
Easily one of my favorite players here now. I just hope he realizes that if he stays he can rack up almost 1000 appearances and enter the pantheon of Manchester United legends. For God sake, someone bring up the subject of breaking Giggs' record during an interview with him!

Sylar

Need to keep him. Goalkeeper is a hard position to nail down especially long term, with somebody as talented as him. Going forward, its really imperative we do everything we can to keep him and keep him happy whilst doing that.

finneh

Exactly the same as me. I never criticised him for it because he made up for it in other areas, but he's beginning to become a 100% complete goalkeeper; does he actually have any weaknesses nowadays?

Wowi

Rød grød med fløde
Yeah, agreed. So many facets of his game have dramatically improved this season. Huge credit to the coaching team. I also wonder if Valdes can take some props for what we saw yesterday. He's always been an excellent sweeper keeper and must be giving De Gea a lot of advice/support too.
I think you're right regarding Valdes. I'm sure he's taught DDG a thing or two in training and from the outside they seem to have a good relationship.
Exactly the same as me. I never criticised him for it because he made up for it in other areas, but he's beginning to become a 100% complete goalkeeper; does he actually have any weaknesses nowadays?
He can still improve on crosses, but it's not really an issue any longer and not everyone can be like Schmeichel. Even VDS had issues with crosses now and then. So no, I don't think DDG has any real weaknesses these days.

ZDwyr

A pretty cool De Gea video I found from just looking around on YouTube. Apologies if this has been posted already.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Against City was the first time I have seen him be dominant of the line. We needed to be like a sweeper keeper last week and he did exactly that. I think his judgement to come out of his line is his biggest weakness.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Hopefully Ancelotti's comments about Casillas are genuine and he is looking to stay on at RM. That can only be good for us.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Hopefully Ancelotti's comments about Casillas are genuine and he is looking to stay on at RM. That can only be good for us.
Could be that they've recieved word that David isn't intersted in moving any more and they need to keep Iker sweet now.

Traub

Nominated for PFA players' player of the year and PFA young player of the year. Well deserved.

Acole9

Outstanding
Nominated for PFA players' player of the year and PFA young player of the year. Well deserved.
That's fantastic news and thoroughly deserved too. I'd have him in my top three for player of the year for sure.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Assuming we continue to play this well next season, or hopefully even better, it'll be interesting to see if he receives the same accolades. He obviously won't be anything like as busy between the sticks, so I doubt it.

Shurou

I would feel both happy for him and uneasy if he were to win both awards given where a couple of those double-winners ended up.

Chelsea 1:0 Man Utd

carlosp

I have always felt that De Gea would stay however with Falcao staying on tonight, I have to wonder if Jorge Mendes is pulling some strings with regards to De Gea's contract and kind of forcing LvG to play Falcao even though Falcao isn't really our best striker.

I would like to think De Gea will be here next season but if Falcao doesn't play the rest of the seasons games then I will start to believe that De Gea will not be here next season.

*inappropriate content removed by modmin*

Last edited by a moderator:

carlosp

I understand RvP not starting the game due to fitness but I don't know, even for just 15 minutes, I am sure RvP would have lasted 15 minutes. I just see it as Mendes forcing LvG to play Falcao so that his player looks good for his next club(if he gets sold). I hope LvG doesn't play him though but have to wonder if Mendes might try force the Real sale then.

As I said, I would like to believe De Gea will stay, what ever happens.

Revan

Assumptionman
With RvP not coming on I think it's just a case of him not being fit enough yet so LvG wasn't going to risk him unless he was forced to.
Meh. I want conspiracy. Mendez forced Van Gaal to force Falcao, otherwise he would sell De Gea to Madrid.

carlosp

Anyway, I thought De Gea did good. Pity about the goal but he played well and cleared at some stage in the first half with a fist while having about 5 players around him. His handball just outside the area was a bit shocking though, but he got away with it.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Yeah, I can totally see LVG being forced to play Falcao after being hit with 4 injuries during the week. Just look at how undroppable Falcao has been all season.

Mendes represents McNair, Shaw and Blackett, too, right?

Everton 3:0 Man Utd

Señor

Humongous twit who can't read
Today's performance only makes me even more certain the reports from AS have some substance to it. Piss poor from Dave today although he wasn't the only one.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
He's been awful for a few weeks going back to Liverpool away.

Someone

Something
The space he left for the 3rd goal was huge. He's still one of our best players this season, but he still makes silly mistakes.