Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
All 3 of those examples above are deflected and from very close range. Near post or not, anyone who has ever played in goal will tell you that a deflection totally destroys your preparation for a shot. You look at the way the body opens up to shoot, you track the ball, and when it has even the slightest change in direction, it's very difficult to recover, often impossible. It can completely change the direction on the ball, or it can add a spin and swerve that wouldn't have been possible for the striker to put on the ball.

Nothing wrong with his positioning on any of those. The deflection bends the ball around him on all 3. If he was any closer to the near post, it exposes the far side of him. Strikers are coached to go across the goalkeeper, near posts shots happen, but they're not as common. If all 3 of those shots were struck without the following deflection, DDG saves all of them, IMO.

RedCurry

He is never on Neuers level and the Caf remains to always overrate our players. Worst player today and should deservedly be dropped for Casillas.

(How most people on here think after a bad performance)
I don't think anyone on here would consider De Gea to be the worst player out there today. That would comfortably be Sergio Ramos who had occasional lapses in concentration(which is quite usual for him) , didn't mark his man for Croatia's first goal and missed a penalty.

I just feel lucky that we have a goal keeper who is being slated for missing a shot that was deflected into his near post and this being comfortably his worst performance in last 2 years. We are a bit spoiled.

criticalanalysis

All 3 of those examples above are deflected and from very close range. Near post or not, anyone who has ever played in goal will tell you that a deflection totally destroys your preparation for a shot. You look at the way the body opens up to shoot, you track the ball, and when it has even the slightest change in direction, it's very difficult to recover, often impossible. It can completely change the direction on the ball, or it can add a spin and swerve that wouldn't have been possible for the striker to put on the ball.

Nothing wrong with his positioning on any of those. The deflection bends the ball around him on all 3. If he was any closer to the near post, it exposes the far side of him. Strikers are coached to go across the goalkeeper, near posts shots happen, but they're not as common. If all 3 of those shots were struck without the following deflection, DDG saves all of them, IMO.
It's probably because of his reflexes that he tends to leave a gap a the near post. But that has gone wrong a bit too often, with or without a deflection.
Yeah pretty much this. His ability and confidence in his reactions and positionings means he leaves gaps. You take the 100 saves that he makes because of his reading of the game and giveth the deflections or freak shots that creep in you'd expect a well positioned 'normal' keeper to save.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Having an absolute mare at this tournament wtf has happened to him?

charlenefan

He's made two stunning stops this game and the goal while not great keeping is hardly a huge error .
I've only just got in so only seen the goal but it was an error that the so called best keeper in the world shouldn't be making

They'll be no debate after this who's the best keeper in the world

El Zoido

It was an error for sure. He looks like a completely different player for Spain.

Oneunited26

Its like DDG never left united in the euro's, his team having plenty of possesion but hes been the busy of the 2 keepers

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I've only just got in so only seen the goal but it was an error that the so called best keeper in the world shouldn't be making

So are you saying that the best keeper in the world should never make mistakes? He's also made 3 fantastic saves that most keepers in this competition wouldn't have saved. He could do better for the goal sure, but it's hardly an error, why are people not focussing on the fact that there are no Spanish players anywhere near the goal while Italy had 3-4.
Anyway I hope people think he's shite so that we can keep him forever, best in the world for me

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is anyone watching what minute is it? I thought it was a pretty early kick off.

AndyJ1985

Brilliant 'keeper and it's a shame that the knee-jerk generation are so eager to jump on every mistake he makes (which is hardly any at all) and put him down.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?

Weird. Neuer's unquestionably more mistake-prone than De Gea. I think he's the better keeper but mistakes are not in his favour.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
him having a poor Euro is a good thing from United perspective, hopefully Real will feck off after this.

charlenefan

Weird. Neuer's unquestionably more mistake-prone than De Gea. I think he's the better keeper but mistakes are not in his favour.
I agree but the difference is Neuer gets away with 99.9% of his errors amazingly

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I agree but I also think DDG is better than Neuer!

ZDwyr

Some really good saves and one bad mistake. Form has not been as strong. However, Ramos should get equally the amount of criticism for the bonehead FK he gave away in the first place.

Skills

Snitch
He didn't even try to catch it. He tried to push it away and just got it spectacularly wrong.

It's fair enough, it happens. Doesn't mean people aren't allowed to point it out as bad keeping. We wank him off enough in this thread.

Hojoon

He made a few great saves but has to take some blame for the goal.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
With Neuer in goal the way Spain has been "defending" they would be down 2-0.

That is all. The usual opponent fans and twats watching the BL as normal can't wait to get on De Gea's back though.

prath92

Harsh to blame him imo. He was wrong to parry it but if one more defender runs in, it could have been cleared.

Mindhunter

He didn't even try to catch it. He tried to push it away and just got it spectacularly wrong.

It's fair enough, it happens. Doesn't mean people aren't allowed to point it out as bad keeping. We wank him off enough in this thread.
It was slightly deflected. Also, it's not his fault that the Spanish defence was sleeping. It's a collective failure and not an individual goalkeeping error.

However, his confidence looks shot while playing for Spain. He looks like a completely different player, unsure of himself.

Oggmonster

It's honestly the oddest thing how defensive people get about de Gea. He's had a shocker for 2 goals this tournament really and people will rightfully criticise him. He's not been awful but I'd hardly say he's been great. The 2 mistakes were pretty simple saves and he should be criticised. It's funny how people use the "quick to get on the back" shite but if Neuer or Hart made them mistakes they'd be laughed at for ages..people in glass houses and all that.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I can understand saying he shocked push it to the side, but anyone saying he should catch it are actually idiots candy are getting sucked in by a slow motion replay. The surface is wet, it's 20 yards out and he literally smashed it at ground level, impossible to catch that but could possibly have been pushed wider.

Status
Not open for further replies.