Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAF

Ageist
I wondered if De Gea was being left out because of talk he may be leaving.
If its an injury hope it is only a precaution.
Don't start you too!! I have a mate who is convinced of the same thing :lol:

I'm sure JM will adress in his pre-match comments.

SirAF

Ageist
Jose Mourinho has confirmed David De Gea and Antonio Valencia were rested in the Emirates FA Cup win at Blackburn Rovers. But Phil Jones and Wayne Rooney missed out due to injuries that should prevent them from playing in Wednesday’s Europa League match at Saint-Etienne.

Eire Red United

Shame Rooney won't be fit for the midweek game, would have been a good game for him to play and let us rest a few players.

m1y2

Shame Rooney won't be fit for the midweek game, would have been a good game for him to play and let us rest a few players.
he's complete waste of space, I'd rather field fellaini than him, there's no shame Rooney is not fit

Djemba-Djemba

Glad that Dave's medal collection is looking a little healthier now that it did a year ago. He was our best player for 3 years, he deserves to win some trophies.

izec

He was fine today. Some good saves, unlucky for the first goal and the second goal was not to be saved.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Glad that Dave's medal collection is looking a little healthier now that it did a year ago. He was our best player for 3 years, he deserves to win some trophies.
Im really hoping he has committed to the Mourinho era. He can still enjoy a length career in Spain if he stays with us for 3 or 4 more years. Surely he can see thinks are starting to happen and that he is one of the main men in the club and central to its future success.

Is he still dating his Spanish pop star girlfriend?

Donut

If he does leave, I hope we go for Schmeichel, and that we try to get a player from Real in exchange (Varane, Isco).

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Two world class saves, either of which would've sunk us. Worth his weight in gold.

That second save for me was outstanding. He had no right saving that. The slow motion replays don't do it justice.

Nick.

He bounces to his left for no reason then when the ball is shot to his right he comes close but can't quite reach it. Should have done better

El Zoido

Can't blame him for that imo. Pogba was responsible for allowing him the space to shoot.

RK

Not to blame. Kante lays it so far wide of his body, it's a shot of ridiculous agility that only maybe him and Hazard could pull off to put it to Deal Gea's right like that.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Not to blame. Kante lays it so far wide of his body, it's a shot of ridiculous agility that only maybe him and Hazard could pull off to put it to Deal Gea's right like that.
It was a pretty standard attempt, that curled away from the centre of the goal. That's it. Nothing ridiculous about it.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's being blamed for Kante's goal? :lol:

MullerUtd

Meh that was such a weak goal to concede and I'd expect a goalkeeper of Dave's quality to save it.

Smudge

Meh that was such a weak goal to concede and I'd expect a goalkeeper of Dave's quality to save it.
Give credit to Kante. The way he wrapped his foot around the ball to send the ball into the corner would catch every keeper out

Pogbahimovich

Amazes me how people don't understand goalkeeping errors. Look at the replay before the shot is made and you will see that despite Konte making a run up to take that shot De Gea is not ready, he is simply standing whereas his knees should be bent and ready for a shot. Since he is hopping across the goal and not prepared for a jump he was always going to concede as he was wrong footed.
He did however make two unstable shots so I forgive him for this.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good save first half, but I'd expect him to save Kante's shot second half. Whilst Kante is lining up to shoot De Gea is still off balance shuffling the other way. Disappointing, but not his fault we lost tonight.

ovoxo

Excellent tonight, but I agree, he should have saved Kante's shot. He took a step left and was in the process of moving when Kante took the shot into his right hand corner.

Devil may care

Did all he could, the arch of the shot and Pogba failing to close Kante down were the reasons he was beaten on the goal.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
It didn't even cross my mind to lay blame on him for the goal.

Some great saves otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.