Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Fully expected him to be in Madrid by now.

Huge bonus this. One of the best keepers in the world that seems to improve with every goal keeper coach. I wonder what he will add to his repertoire this year.
Yep, would have been an excellent backup to have for Navas.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yagami

Good post resistant
With all the excitement of our recent transfers, and the progress Martial and Rashford have made, I keep forgetting that de Gea's still here and our best player. Keeping him is on par with any signing we've made - probably better than all of them combined. He's a great.

Dante

Average bang
De Gea was a bit crap at the Euros. I think that's probably helped United keep him.

Dante

Average bang
True. Probably why Juve decided to sell Pogba, too.
Pogba was always going to get sold.

With De Gea it's different.

Real love their shiny new toys, particularly right after they've lit up international tournaments. Add to that the fact he's a Spaniard, and he'd become even more desirable.

But Spanish players in the PL tend not to get a lot of coverage in their home country. Euro 2016 was De Gea's chance to sell himself to the Spanish public. Don't forget that quite a lot of them wanted Casillas to be first choice. They simply don't rate DDG as highly as we do because they don't watch him very often. Luckily, he did nothing to change their opinions over the Summer. If he'd be amazing, every single Madridista would have been clamouring for his signature.

United's signings are nowhere near as political as Real's. You can't compare.

Last edited:

GledTheRed

Fully expected him to be in Madrid by now.

Huge bonus this. One of the best keepers in the world that seems to improve with every goal keeper coach. I wonder what he will add to his repertoire this year.
The best goalkeeper in the world.

Yagami

Good post resistant

Real love their shiny new toys, particularly right after they've lit up international tournaments. Add to that the fact he's a Spaniard, and he'd become even more desirable.

But Spanish players in the PL tend not to get a lot of coverage in their home country. Euro 2016 was De Gea's chance to sell himself to the Spanish public. Don't forget that quite a lot of them wanted Casillas to be first choice. They simply don't rate DDG as highly as we do because they don't watch him very often. Luckily, he did nothing to change their opinions over the Summer. If he'd be amazing, every single Madridista would have been clamouring for his signature.

I always thought de Gea would end up at Madrid regardless of his performance at the Euros. There was some hope that we'd keep him after the fax machine miracle of 2015 and José coming but I wouldn't have written it off. I think it's more down to Navas' impressive performances more than de Gea's disappointing Euros, but if it was down to his Euro showing then I'm even more delighted Spain had a mare. :D

Though anyone basing a players ability off of an international showing is being quite short-sighted consindering the majority fail to live up to the hype. Especially at the Euros just gone.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Keeping him is the most important thing we have done this summer.

ChaddyP

Hopefully doesnt win player of the season again :lol: and we keep him bored around the sticks

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Think one of the key's to keeping him was Mourinho, and promising that we won't be letting him play with average crap any longer. The FA cup win was a huge boost in him not getting more worried about winning things.

RedStarUnited

I knew as soon as Jose was linked that De Gea was going nowhere. If there are 2 players who had been guaranteed positions in Joses plans, its DDG and Martial.

Main reason Madristas arent crazy for him is because Navas himself has been playing out of his skin.

MounchesterUtd

I've always said that he wanted to leave for the chance to win trophies, not necessarily to play for RM. He doesn't strike me as a guy who develops affections for any particular club, unlike say Lingard. He just wants to win badly, and I can't blame him. This whole window must've been a treat for him. A Top 2 manager in the world, 2 WC players, Mkhi and a potential rock of a defender in Bailly. I can't see him going anywhere soon.

Bournemouth 1:3 Man Utd

Tiber

Got to show at the end why he is the best keeper in the world.

Hopefully he wont need to be the only reason we win games this year!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Not Going to be the star of the show this season...thankfully.

Last edited:

Ferguson

Barely had anything to do, even when the defense was put under pressure

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he won't be our player of the year this season

SirAF

Ageist
Barely had anything to do, even when the defense was put under pressure

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he won't be our player of the year this season
Loved it! He's finally getting some much deserved protection :lol:

Stacks

I think he was pretty average today. No outstanding saves when last season he made 3-4 per game. If he keeps this up then we should look at Navas for the goalkeeping spectacle

saivet

It's nice to have a game, where I don't feel the need to say anything about him.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I love the fact that if things continue (big 'if' to be fair) he won't have a chance at player of the year this year :lol:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
First time I'm afraid he might leave for Madrid because it will become too boring for him to defend this goal. No heroics to perform like in the soup strainer Madrid defense.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Dave must be loving this. Not having to make 5 saves a game to bail us out.

He hasn't had such easy games in 3 years.

Raw

It was very difficult rating him. He did absolutely nothing, yet it seems harsh to give him a 5/10 so I just gave him a 6 :lol:

Sylar

Its so nice that hes not getting MOTM every game for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.