Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

I got carried away, granted. But he'll no he did not deserve to be our lowest rated player since he actually participated in our win.

That interception I mentioned, nice distribution, nice hoofing etc. 8/10 more like it.
But that's not fair to other lowest rated players who did more in games.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I got carried away, granted. But he'll no he did not deserve to be our lowest rated player since he actually participated in our win.

That interception I mentioned, nice distribution, nice hoofing etc. 8/10 more like it.
But who 'deserved' to be the lowest rated? All 11 outfielders that were eligible in the vote were outstanding. Got to be the GK when the collective performance is so good that the league leaders can't even muster a shot on target.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
PFA team of the year. 3rd in a row and 4th overall. Has to be a record for a GK surely?

Nickosaur

DDG's worst season for us in a while (worst = still fecking good), so was a little surprised to see him in the team.

el3mel

I don't think he deserved it this season tbf. He was much better the last 3 seasons.

SirAF

Ageist
He'll top this if he spends his career with us.
If the spends his career with us he'll beat Giggs' appearance record - surely that must be appealing at some level. He could play 1000 matches for United!

el3mel

He was, but who deserves it ahead of him?
I will choose Courtois above him this season since his team is winning the league and De Gea wasn't making his miraculous saves he did previous seasons.

SirAF

Ageist
I will choose Courtois above him this season since his team is winning the league and De Gea wasn't making his miraculous saves he did previous seasons.
Maybe, but hasn't he been a bit shaky this year or am I mixing up with last season?

el3mel

Maybe, but hasn't he been a bit shaky this year or am I mixing up with last season?
He hasn't , but at the same time he was nothing special to favor him on the GK of the league winner. In previous seasons his miraculous saves were enough to put him ahead of any keeper. He didn't do anything miraculous this season to make him ahead of Courtois imo.

Raw

If the spends his career with us he'll beat Giggs' appearance record - surely that must be appealing at some level. He could play 1000 matches for United!
He'll need exactly 700 appearances. Say he makes about 40 appearances a season, he'll need another 17.5 seasons to beat it (he'll have to stay at United until he's 43/44) :lol:

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
As we have sorted our defence out this season he is being called on less often, that's why it appears he hasn't been as good as the last 2 seasons. When called upon he hasn't really let us down.

SirAF

Ageist
He'll need exactly 700 appearances. Say he makes about 40 appearances a season, he'll need another 17.5 seasons to beat it (he'll have to stay at United until he's 43/44) :lol:
Don't come in here and spoil the fun with actual numbers ;)

AP88

Supports
Man City
He was, but who deserves it ahead of him?
Jordan Pickford has been sensational for his first season in the top flight with the worst team; he's very similar to De Gea in a lot of ways. Should Real manage to prize DDG away this summer, he should be brought in to compete with Romero. He'll be relatively cheap as well.

Bwuk

I'd of given it to Tom Heaton personally.

De Gea is class. I hope he is here next season. Best keeper in the world imo. It's good that we haven't had to be as reliant on him this year.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I also think people are somewhat exaggerating how average his season has been. People are confusing inactivity with poor performances. I don't think he's made more mistakes than usual this season but he hasn't been as active. So his mistakes are more highlighted.

Shark

@NotShark
Personally, I like how short this thread is this season. He's not been called upon as much.
Which is why I wouldn't be too bothered if we lost him, as long as Mourinho gets in a good enough replacement, which I'm almost certain he would. We don't rely on him nearly as much as before.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I also think people are somewhat exaggerating how average his season has been. People are confusing inactivity with poor performances. I don't think he's made more mistakes than usual this season but he hasn't been as active. So his mistakes are more highlighted.
The idea that he's had an average season in itself is an absurd notion. Best keeper in the league again and clearly a step above Courtois who's had plenty of iffy games. When called upon he's been excellent as always.

Saw numpty saying he's not even our best keeper. fecks sake.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Since the transfer speculation thread is locked for some reason:

Manchester United star 'puts home' up for sale

David de Gea’s £3.85m mansion has reportedly been put up for sale - fuelling speculation he will leave Manchester United in the summer.

The 26-year-old has been heavily linked with a summer move to Real Madrid, having come perilously close to joining Los Blancos on deadline day in 2015.

And, according to the Sun, de Gea’s five-bedroom house in Bowden has now been put up for sale on an estate agents website.
The classic "home for sale" news. Although it's The Sun.

izec

Would be bad news. Another new GK to buy for the summer when we have so many problems in the team to solve

ovoxo

Just checked to see if it's the same place as the 2015 one but he was renting in 2015, but this one is his property apparently. Maybe he's bought a new home somewhere?

Sparky10Legend

Just checked to see if it's the same place as the 2015 one but he was renting in 2015, but this one is his property apparently. Maybe he's bought a new home somewhere?
He's off, don't fool yourself. Its the hope that kills 'ya

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yep bought a new home in Madrid somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.