Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If only DDG would clutch once in a while.
Yeah, it's as if he made so many mistakes. He made 1 mistake in this world cup. First time I'm seeing people blaming GK for the penalty rather than the clown defenders who conceded them or the defender who can't even mark his man from set pieces.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
If he doesn't play for Spain again it'll show how ridiculously fickle you are and how poorly you treat players, and he'll be better off away from it all.
it is not about being fickle or not, it is about demonstrating in the big games the expectations created.
It is not the same to make two big saves against Arsenal in a fight for the third place, that to do it in the final of the champions, or in a world cup.
In the same way that Neymar, Mbappe, Modric are required to be at the level.
Besides, I think it would be quite unfair for Kepa not to give him a chance. I still do not know if he´s better or worse than De Gea with the national team.
I do not have anything against De Gea, I wish he had done well, but I'm not going to lick his ass or deny the reality.

fergosaurus

De Gea this tourney, 12 shots on target (including pens) -> 11 goals conceded.

Best in the world.
Music to United fans ears that your fickle club won't be after him now. You can keep this guy now. ;)

JohnnyKills

Possibly, there are players who should leave the team. I imagine that we will return to the era of being losers, well, actually we are already there from 2014

Of course it matters who is in the goal. Zubizarreta was a disaster, like Molina, but Iker knew how to stop penalties
I think the same. You don't have much coming through. Midfield will stay fairly strong but the attack looks really weak and defence not much better.

Morpheus 7

De Gea is the best in the world, anyone that thinks otherwise is talking shit. He made a bad mistake in the game against Portugal, Spain are out because they weren't good enough in the final third. People saying the sweeper keeper Neuer is better is crap too, he's been injured most of the year and looked like a clown against South Korea but people don't like to chat about that. It's easier to take a swipe at De Gea because United are hated, simple as. Every club would want De Gea as there number one.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
A bit of a stretch. Ramos and Pique hadworae campaigns. Will they be playing for Spain again?
Pretty sure he'll remain number 1.
Piqué said a while ago that would leave the team, although I guess Ramos will stay
I think the same. You don't have much coming through. Midfield will stay fairly strong but the attack looks really weak and defence not much better.
there is a guy called Abel Ruiz, from Barça, a great striker, but will need years of experience. My beloved Asensio has been really disappointing today. The midfield will stay strong but we will need a new Busquets

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol: ffs, it's like you guys can't admit that he's had a horrible WC, along with most of the Spanish players.

He's a good goalie for you guys, we get it. Just hasn't been for the NT so far. This might change in the future, who knows. He's still young.

vangagal

:lol: ffs, it's like you guys can't admit that he's had a horrible WC, along with most of the Spanish players.

He's a good goalie for you guys, we get it. Just hasn't been for the NT so far. This might change in the future, who knows. He's still young.
Nah, your club are cnut. You cant deny it too.;)

Toad

I will always remember that save from the RVP penalty in the 8-2 thrashing.

roonster09

Scout
Possibly, there are players who should leave the team. I imagine that we will return to the era of being losers, well, actually we are already there from 2014

Of course it matters who is in the goal. Zubizarreta was a disaster, like Molina, but Iker knew how to stop penalties
According to transfermarkt,

Cassillas conceded 70 penalties and saved 19. Save % - 21.3

De Gea conceded 33 and saved 11. Save % - 25%

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/iker-casillas/elfmeterstatistik/spieler/3979

https://www.transfermarkt.com/david-de-gea/elfmeterstatistik/spieler/59377

red4ever 79

Terrible world cup from our Dave. Looked nervous, made mistakes, could have done better in the shootout. Let's hope he relaxes and comes back stronger next season

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
There's nothing wrong with Spanish fans being pissed off at De Gea not doing better in that shoot-out. That said if anyone fancies wheeling a few burning De Gea effigies through the streets of Madrid tonight that'd be great.

cyberman

it is not about being fickle or not, it is about demonstrating in the big games the expectations created.
It is not the same to make two big saves against Arsenal in a fight for the third place, that to do it in the final of the champions, or in a world cup.
In the same way that Neymar, Mbappe, Modric are required to be at the level.
Besides, I think it would be quite unfair for Kepa not to give him a chance. I still do not know if he´s better or worse than De Gea with the national team.
I do not have anything against De Gea, I wish he had done well, but I'm not going to lick his ass or deny the reality.
But what mistakes has he made? Your defence has left him exposed time and time again.
It seems he's being crucified for that one Portugal mistake and because he hasn't made an impossible save he's being painted in a negative light.
Hasn't saved a pen, a free header from a few yards out, an unstoppable free kick etc.
What was he meant to do?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah, it's as if he made so many mistakes. He made 1 mistake in this world cup. First time I'm seeing people blaming GK for the penalty rather than the clown defenders who conceded them or the defender who can't even mark his man from set pieces.
Its de gea. We call him the best goalkeeper in the world. He basically did nothing apart from pick the ball up out of the net the entire tournament. Dropped a huge clanger in the first game, and conceded 6 penalties I think? The best goalkeeper in the world does something when you dont expect them to. Either stop a random 1v1, make a great save to come clutch off a free kick or at least save one of those pens. None of them were unsavable, he was just pretty much non existent in goal all tourny for them. Not the same de gea as the one we see for United. I love the guy, but no reason why we cant say it as it is. While at United others see him as a colossus and second guess themselves, for Spain he looks so small and the ball just goes through him so many times.

Of course hes not the biggest culprit for Spain. You have that much of the ball, you expect more creativity. But it's also fair to expect a goalkeeper with de geas reputation to do pretty much anything. You can put any random fan in goal for them and you wouldnt see anything different then what he did this WC.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
But what mistakes has he made? Your defence has left him exposed time and time again.
It seems he's being crucified for that one Portugal mistake and because he hasn't made an impossible save he's being painted in a negative light.
Hasn't saved a pen, a free header from a few yards out, an unstoppable free kick etc.
What was he meant to do?
Not trying to be picky, but his positioning of the wall for Ronaldo's free kick was pretty poor, it was pretty much his goal. :lol:

roonster09

Scout
Its de gea. We call him the best goalkeeper in the world. He basically did nothing apart from pick the ball up out of the net the entire tournament. Dropped a huge clanger in the first game, and conceded 6 penalties I think? The best goalkeeper in the world does something when you dont expect them to. Either stop a random 1v1, make a great save to come clutch off a free kick or at least save one of those pens. None of them were unsavable, he was just pretty much non existent in goal all tourny for them. Not the same de gea as the one we see for United. I love the guy, but no reason why we cant say it as it is. While at United others see him as a colossus and second guess themselves, for Spain he looks so small and the ball just goes through him so many times.

Of course hes not the biggest culprit for Spain. You have that much of the ball, you expect more creativity. But it's also fair to expect a goalkeeper with de geas reputation to do pretty much anything. You can put any random fan in goal for them and you wouldnt see anything different then what he did this WC.
Just because it's De Gea doesn't mean he should be saving those goals. Yes he isn't good at penalties but the goals conceded were not his mistakes (apart from Ronaldo's goal).

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I have no doubt there's loads of preperation going into saving penalties but even if you guess the right side (like De Gea once did today) there's no guarantee you'll actually save the penalty. There's even an element of the player slightly miss hitting the ball enough to send the keeper just about in the wrong direction.

Look I am not saying De Gea is the best keeper in the world at saving penalties. Some keepers are genuinely really good at them. But I have a hard time blaming (especially as harsh a criticism as DDG is reciveing) any keeper for conceding a penalty considering there's so much out of their control.
Well Lehmann studied Argentina's penalty takers and wrote down which sides they hit their penalties, he guessed every one of them right during the WC 2006 shootout and Germany won. Keepers do put in the preparation for knockout games.

cyberman

Not trying to be picky, but his positioning of the wall for Ronaldo's free kick was pretty poor, it was pretty much his goal. :lol:
Nah that is picky, the only way he saves that is by standing in that corner!
Kind if reminds me of David James after the Ronaldo goal v Portsmouth when a teammate start blaming him for letting it in.
His reaction is priceless

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Nah that is picky, the only way he saves that is by standing in that corner!
Kind if reminds me of David James after the Ronaldo goal v Portsmouth when a teammate start blaming him for letting it in.
His reaction is priceless
Nah, that free kick was perfect. This one was good too, but the ball clearly travelled around the wall, wall wasn't good positioned and Ronaldo used it in his favour.

roonster09

Scout
Well Lehmann studied Argentina's penalty takers and wrote down which sides they hit their penalties, he guessed every one of them right during the WC 2006 shootout and Germany won. Keepers do put in the preparation for knockout games.
IIRC it's not something that GK do, it's something GK coaches do in preparation. Still poor from De Gea going one side for all the kicks.

Unam333

The Spanish coaches probably told him to go for one side. Don't they (the coaches) do the research?

bosnian_red

Just because it's De Gea doesn't mean he should be saving those goals. Yes he isn't good at penalties but the goals conceded were not his mistakes (apart from Ronaldo's goal).
Thing is, you cant just discount the whole penalty thing just because he usually isnt good at them. And yes, because it is de gea you can absolutely expect him to pull moments of quality out of his ass. That's how he got his reputation. If he didnt do that, he'd be nothing more then a standard every day goalkeeper. But it's not even that, he didnt save anything all tournament. Morocco had a shot go right through him even if it was a 1v1, Russia had a couple of pens go right through him, 1 or 2 others that were salable just like how Akinfeev saved today, while also the first Ronaldo free kick was a great shot but De Gea again didnt even jump for it. It's the combination of everything. Obviously nobody expects a goalkeeper to save a pen. But from 6, I would expect something. From the 4 games in this tournament, he will be disappointed in his own performance in every game. Even the Iran game, their offside goal went right through him. That's the sort of thing he saves for United. Same with the first Morocco goal. We can make excuses for him as we'll always do for our own players, but for his own high standards, you can bet he'll know he underperformed.

Me personally... idk if I can call him the best goalkeeper in the world anymore. I've said he was for the past 4 years, but after underperforming at the euros first and now how he did at the WC, hes just "one of the best", rather then the best imo.

roonster09

Scout
Nah, that free kick was perfect. This one was good too, but the ball clearly travelled around the wall, wall wasn't good positioned and Ronaldo used it in his favour.
You are being picky here. Wall was positioned correctly but the way ball swung was just awesome.

el3mel

The Spanish coaches probably told him to go for one side. Don't they (the coaches) do the research?
He always goes to the right side with us too.

However, I really don't have much problems with him not saving much penalties as I said, not all GKs are complete and Buffon wasn't exceptional for them for example. Also I give feck all about his performance for Spain as long as he's doing well with United.

el3mel

Also tbf, some players prefer certain sides to either shoot the ball or jump on it in pens. Hazard only shoots on the left and Lukaku only shoots on right. Dave also only jumps on right, it becomes a routine.

roonster09

Scout
Thing is, you cant just discount the whole penalty thing just because he usually isnt good at them. And yes, because it is de gea you can absolutely expect him to pull moments of quality out of his ass. That's how he got his reputation. If he didnt do that, he'd be nothing more then a standard every day goalkeeper. But it's not even that, he didnt save anything all tournament. Morocco had a shot go right through him even if it was a 1v1, Russia had a couple of pens go right through him, 1 or 2 others that were salable just like how Akinfeev saved today, while also the first Ronaldo free kick was a great shot but De Gea again didnt even jump for it. It's the combination of everything. Obviously nobody expects a goalkeeper to save a pen. But from 6, I would expect something. From the 4 games in this tournament, he will be disappointed in his own performance in every game. Even the Iran game, their offside goal went right through him. That's the sort of thing he saves for United. Same with the first Morocco goal. We can make excuses for him as we'll always do for our own players, but for his own high standards, you can bet he'll know he underperformed.

Me personally... idk if I can call him the best goalkeeper in the world anymore. I've said he was for the past 4 years, but after underperforming at the euros first and now how he did at the WC, hes just "one of the best", rather then the best imo.
Penalties, goal scores have more chance of scoring rather than keeper saving, there are 2-3 good keepers who have exceptional penalty records, apart form that, everyone has same average record.

First time I'm seeing GK being blamed for not saving penalties. Goals from open play, he almost had no chance of saving them. One vs One, free header to top corner.

Again, Ronaldo's free kick, he didn't jump as the ball was already in net. You are just watching replays in slow motion and expect him to jump when he didn't even see the ball before it crossed the wall.

You are stretching it by blaming every goal on De Gea.

Unam333

Then you know more than I do Bosnian. Never really noticed that. If true, then the coaches have to have a word with him.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Penalties, goal scores have more chance of scoring rather than keeper saving, there are 2-3 good keepers who have exceptional penalty records, apart form that, everyone has same average record.

First time I'm seeing GK being blamed for not saving penalties. Goals from open play, he almost had no chance of saving them. One vs One, free header to top corner.

Again, Ronaldo's free kick, he didn't jump as the ball was already in net. You are just watching replays in slow motion and expect him to jump when he didn't even see the ball before it crossed the wall.

He's not doing that. All he's saying is that for a keeper as good as he is, he should have saved at least something. He didn't have any real impact on the team whatsoever. That's not enough, especially for someone like him. If you want do be called on of the best in the world, you have to do something special when it matters. De Gea did basically nothing. He was completely invisible for Spain.

Fer

I just read that De Gea made just one save in Russia

bosnian_red

I'm not blaming every goal on him... more that over a course or a tournament, you would expect the best goalkeeper in the world to do something out of nothing in one of the situations. Ignoring the obvious mistake. And yes, a penalty in isolation you cant blame him not saving. Over a shootout and 2 other penalties outside of that shootout though, you would expect at least something. Your team has no chance if not. And with some pens sure they have no chance, and in those cases then it's just a shit happens situation. But pretty much all of them were savable, and you would expect st least one to be saved with his rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.