Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

I hope he wins the golden glove this season. He fecking deserves it. Smalling already ruined it for him once. 7 clean sheets in 8 games now.

Infra-red

The only actual world class player on the pitch today, if we're honest. He's absolutely superb. A brilliant, brilliant player.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Unreal save, but I thought his distribution was terrible today. Balls over hit to Lukaku, balls straight into touch... a minor gripe but unusual for him.

Saved our arses though, again.

Nero

Best news is more reports of Madrid wanting Kepa from Athletic.

lex talionis

Still only on his mid 20s. We're well past doubting whether he's the top keeper on the planet.

Put a CL and a WC in his hands over the next few seasons and he's definitely in the conversation for greatest keeper of all time.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
7 CS in 8 in the PL, crucial save again today to earn us a point.

One aspect for me which is really underrated is his focus, it's amazing how he doesn't switch off even vs lower sides when he gets called maybe once in the entire match. Best GK in the world for me.

izec

Remember posters saying there would be no problems giving De Gea to Real in exchange for Morata/James, since we are more solid defensively and dont need a world class keeper compared to previous seasons. Madness to be honest, he is our best player and we shouldnt sell him ever. Saved us the point today

ManUtd1999

It's always great to see that you've a goalkeeper to rely on when you need him. Had Liverpool scored in the first half, that would've become a long day for us.

Inter Yer Nan

He's perhaps even more impressive this season than any because this is the best defense we've had in years so he's tested much less but when called upon he makes saves out of the top drawer. His concentration and consistency levels are different class.

prtk0811

His reaction save was Peter schmiechael esque. What a talent fergie had to identify best of the best.

Mike09

World class. That save itself was a match point. Best keeper in the world IMO.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
One of the best players in the world, not just keepers.
If an outfield player was this good, he'd be winning Ballon d'ors

MuranoLover

Change da faking title to David de God , he was immense today for the 959435943 time

Ashley R1+O

Best in the world by some distance, what a keeper. Title winning material today.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Truly amazing goalkeeper. The amount of time in his career when he left me wondering how the feck did he manage to keep that out is countless.

Skills

Snitch
15/16 last match of the season against Bournemouth with the OG I think. Cech won it thanks to that.
15/16 the season where de gea sat out the first 4 games, and smalling managed to keep a clean sheet in 3 of those games?

Jericholyte2

I just can't see the argument against him being the best on the world. Call it rose-tinted view but I can't think of any weakness in his GK game. Could potentially be better with passing but it's by no means poor.

As one who also saw all of Big Pete, I'm now starting to view DDG as on a par if not above him.

Jean claude van hire

I get the impression Dave would hate to be involved in a game when he doesn't have to pull out a worldie. Just seems to thrive on the challenge!!! I would bet my house that if Jose could pick one player to keep through his entire tenure it would be him, honestly. I seem to remember how much he valued Petr Cech in his first dominant spell at Chelsea. He talked about his focus and concentration, the ability to make that 'one' crucial save when you have had relatively little to do in the match.

Shark

@NotShark
No keeper on the planet comes close to David De Gea imo, he's in a complete league of his own. That save today was literally mind blowing. He had no right to save that.

chb23

David De God

My eyes could barely follow the ball in real time, for him to make that save was unbe-fking-lievable

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Change the name of the thread to David De God. What an amazing player. Bless that fax machine.

meamth

Not mine, but i had goosebumps reading this from Sky:

United's disjointed performance at Anfield suggests they still have plenty to work on if they are to kick on and win the biggest prizes this season, but De Gea's moment of brilliance was a reminder of the big advantage they have over their rivals. No one else has a goalkeeper quite like David De Gea.

What a beauty the guy is, i want to shed tears of joy.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Remember when people used to say that Courtois was on par/better than De Gea during his stint at Atletico Madrid? Now that they are both in the same league, it's become glaringly obvious who's the better keeper. They don't even belong in the same conversation now.

Status
Not open for further replies.