Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aza Boy

His reaction save was Peter schmiechael esque. What a talent fergie had to identify best of the best.
No disrespect to the Big Dane, he wont make that save.

DDG has a magical legs reflect. Most of keeper instinctively will dive using a hand and upper body, which could be slower to avoid the goal. DDG just moved his legs in the style of CB.

And if you saw the replay, after he did the move, he was already in the standing position to face Salah shoot. That was fast.

He is already a legend whether he stays or not.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Absolutely awesome yesterday, a different league to the other GKs in the EPL.

Basically salvaged a point on his own, performed when no one else did.

Acole9

Outstanding
That save gets better each time you see it, the speed from him to get his leg there. Controversial on the caf because I've always considered Neuer to be the best in the world but I'm starting to think De Gea really is now.

ricky-romeo

best goalkeeper in the whole world.

1 CL triumph with us and he would surpass big pete and van der saar as our best ever. and schmeichel was world class and arguably the best GK in the 90's.

King.of.Red

he is god of goalkeeper. :D
hopefully we can win PL and UCL trophies as soon as possible so De Gea will be much happier to stay with us and not think about Madrid again.

Mike09

Unreal save, but I thought his distribution was terrible today. Balls over hit to Lukaku, balls straight into touch... a minor gripe but unusual for him.

Saved our arses though, again.
I thought he was our best passer in that game. We made him like a playmaker.

Mike09

You have to have that leadership, commanding ability as well. Although does shout out its just not a captains shout if that makes sense. Not like Kahn or a Schmeichel in those aspects. Goalkeeping ability though, the best.
Let's be real. There are not many players are as crazy like that anymore now. And it's not just a keeper but other outfield players. The generations are different. DDG leadership & commanding ability are still considered to be very good enough IMO.

Hojoon

Remember when people used to say that Courtois was on par/better than De Gea during his stint at Atletico Madrid? Now that they are both in the same league, it's become glaringly obvious who's the better keeper. They don't even belong in the same conversation now.
IIRC it was close at the end of 13/14 season. Since then De Gea's gone up a level while Courtois hasn't.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Every time he makes a save like that we should double his wages. I'd be happy with that contract

RobinHood

It's a shame to have a keeper of his standard not be in a sufficiently competitive United squad for the past few years. I hope this year is the one where we push on.

He has been the standout keeper in the Premier League for the past three or four years. Would be nice if he had a couple more team honours under his belt.

Saturday's save was ridiculous. His positional awareness and anticipation have improved so much over the last couple of years.

Rossa

He's one of, if not the best, in the world. There is no arguing that. I can only see three aspects of his game that he can improve at this stage. He is still a little reluctant in picking crosses. He could also improve as a sweeper as he often appears to be glued to the goal. The final thing he could improve would be distribution where there are a few goalies, Romero included, who are better than him.

Irrational.

His kicking and distribution is so underrated. His passing under pressure was top notch, not to mention the goal kick that led to our goal. Superb.

One brainfart with Jones aside, another commanding display and another clean sheet. Surely the Golden Gloves are his to lose this season.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Wth was that knot on his head. Disappointing as he's been looking dashing lately.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
His kicking and distribution is so underrated. His passing under pressure was top notch, not to mention the goal kick that led to our goal. Superb.

One brainfart with Jones aside, another commanding display and another clean sheet. Surely the Golden Gloves are his to lose this season.
He did nothing wrong there. Caught the ball and then got clattered by his defender.

criticalanalysis

He did nothing wrong there. Caught the ball and then got clattered by his defender.
Half and half. He's elite at catching balls on a technical level but he's a bit average when it comes embracing contact and getting into the thick of it, which is part and parcel of the game.

Luckily for him, we have very aerially dominant defenders but it's deffo one of his weakness. More often than not he is more likely to be rooted to his line and doesn't dominate his 6 yard box in relation to balls in the air.

Imo it's one of those mentality and approach things like where you if you go half hearted into a tackle (doesn't have to mean intensity, speed, strength etc) you're more likely to get hurt than being commited into the action. With collecting balls in the air, you have to jump forwards into the ball with your body (to catch or punch) rather than just jumping with little momentum expecting a clean catch.

wr8_utd

:'(
If he's not in the Top 10 keepers in the world, HOW good are the others?!

Paul_Scholes18

Been fantastic this season. With him and our strong defense we will rarely feel like conceding.

el3mel

Makes our defensive organization a complete one. Even if a defender makes a mistake ( which isn't often for us ) he still has to beat David, very difficult task.

That's the peak De Gea I was waiting for. Once we got a proper defense in front of him he can't stop getting clean sheets after another one.

Definitely the best in the world currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.