Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I always feel that while DDG gets plenty of credit, people do him a bit of a disservice by usually only mentioning his shot stopping as being top notch. His anticipation, positioning and 1 on 1 ability is second to no one.
Spot on. He is so consistently good that whenever he concedes an impossible goal, he gets criticized

RMD83

I watched it , but today was more intense and much more important game .

It is not if others can save some or many of them , can they do it in one match is what differs him
No, in his defence DDG made some outrageous saves against arsenal last season. He didn’t make any outrageous saves today just a lot of them. He was absolutely awesome today and turned a potential draw/defeat into a win. Arsenal last season he turned a definate loss into a win.

RMD83

I always feel that while DDG gets plenty of credit, people do him a bit of a disservice by usually only mentioning his shot stopping as being top notch. His anticipation, positioning and 1 on 1 ability is second to no one.
The disservice of being widely recognised as the best keeper in the world?

Name Changed

weso26
I think he's the best shot stopper in the world.

I would have been disappointed if he let any of them shots in today. Individually he should save them all.

El-Buitre

Supports
Real Madrid
I still dont understand how he can be so fecking bad when he play for Spain when I see that kind of performance from him with the Man Utd shirt, I just dont get what's wrong with him when he play with Spain, he might have a twin ? :D

Foxbatt

The best keeper in the World without a doubt. Give him what he wants. We must keep him as he is the most important player at United.

Red Panda

In my mind we'd have lost today's game if it hadn't been for DDG. Talk about making a difference...he was awesome.

King Eric 7

He'd cry if we actually had a good defence, as there'd be fewer games like this where he can showcase his god-like ability to keep the ball out of the net.

Well done DDG but I hope that you're not MOTM again for quite some time.

stepic

Yeah he probably should have saved all of them

But then Lloris should have saved Rashfords shot

That’s why De Gea is so good

RonaldoVII

None of his saves were truly top drawer but his overall performance and command of the area too with a few punches etc was faultless.

LingardsBoots

I'm an old man and have thus seen many fine if not great goalkeepers over the years. Banks, Shilton, Schmeichel, Van Der Sar et al.
But without a shadow of a doubt this kid De Gea tops the lot. Was a bit unsteady when he first arrived at Old T but man has he grown year on year.
Not only is he the undisputed best goalkeeper in the world right now but he is the best goalkeeper I have ever seen in my time on this planet.
He should be the highest paid player at the club, if Sanchez is worth £500,000 per week then De Gea is worth double.
His reflex saves, confidence and agility today was top notch.
Over and out.

Shark

@NotShark
I still dont understand how he can be so fecking bad when he play for Spain when I see that kind of performance from him with the Man Utd shirt, I just dont get what's wrong with him when he play with Spain, he might have a twin ? :D
He’s clearly much calmer here as he knows we’re all behind him no matter what. Even the best players in the world need support to perform at their best. At Spain he hears nothing but scrutiny.

ravi2

I'm an old man and have thus seen many fine if not great goalkeepers over the years. Banks, Shilton, Schmeichel, Van Der Sar et al.
But without a shadow of a doubt this kid De Gea tops the lot. Was a bit unsteady when he first arrived at Old T but man has he grown year on year.
Not only is he the undisputed best goalkeeper in the world right now but he is the best goalkeeper I have ever seen in my time on this planet.
He should be the highest paid player at the club, if Sanchez is worth £500,000 per week then De Gea is worth double.
Over and out.
Agreed, best in the world by a margin for me. We now need a solid defense in front of him so he isnt so exposed

Canagel

Honestly, imagine even still wanting to mention his distribution :lol:
His distribution is poor and still biggest weakness but he absolutely went to another level and took center stage 2nd half showcasing all his talents to the world. It's about time we got some real defenders in front of him

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
How many times do you see GK's not making a save that they should have made? Even if the shot is central, the GK still has to react and make the save. Sometimes your arm is just too low or too high, the ball gets through, and voila it's a goal.

With De Gea, you just know that the probability of not making 'standard' saves is far lower than for other GK's.

ElectroManiac

Ffs what a man, what a performance.

Thank the lord that fax machine didn't work on the summer of 2015.

Please make this man our best pay player and captain of the club.

lex talionis

Over and out.
I may not be quite as old as you, but I remember Yashin, who was in a different class as a shot stopper from Banks, Shilton, Zoff, Schmeichel, and VDS and there is no doubt that De Gea is the greatest shot stopper the game has seen so far.

There's more the position that stopping shots but I struggle to find any serious fault with his game. There was some moaning in the first half about his distribution, which was a bit harsh but was based on some reality, but his distribution is actually pretty decent. He may not have the long throw of Schmeichel, but what he does offer in his ability to stop shops vastly overwhelms any deficiency in his distribution. His command of the box is excellent. David doesn't organize the defense the way Peter did but I wonder if that's even possible with this motley crew of defenders he has in front of him.

If someone starts a thread asking who the greatest keeper of all time is, De Gea is part of that conversation.

EasyE

Over and out.
You're 38 years old but have seen Banks play? That name does not go for a rank of maturity either.

:smirk:

Zlatattack

Pay the man what he wants. Give him Woodward kidney, Sanchezs puppies and a go on Giggsys brothers ex, just sign the damn contract!

Trizy

It came to a point in the game where I wanted the clean sheet just for him. Nothing to do with the 3 points. He truly deserved the clean sheet.

I watched the game in a pub with a few Spurs and United fans but the majority were neutrals. For a finish everyone was applauding his display.

Greck

The instinct to know blocking a shot with the foot is faster than reaching down for it. So many keepers would have conceded one of those attempts reaching for the ball. Most underrated aspect of his game relative to his peers

CM10

I'm tempted to call that the best performance I've ever seen from a goalkeeper. In reality it's probably a smudge behind the 1-3 game against Arsenal at the Emirates last season but I very much doubt I'm going to witness a better live performance than that again. If he wasn't so good it'd be dumb luck.

Gasolin

That performance vs Spurs is in response to Courtois who doesn't see David in the top 3 goalkeepers in the world. Take that Courtois, you can't match our David.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He knows he doesnt have Jones in front of him so he gets too relaxed and doesn't concentrate as much as he would otherwise.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The instinct to know blocking a shot with the foot is faster than reaching down for it. So many keepers would have conceded one of those attempts reaching for the ball. Most underrated aspect of his game relative to his peers
His most underrated aspect is one that I never see mentioned anywhere and that is that he saves balls out of danger zones better than any keeper in the world, that is when he saves it's unlikely that someone else will claim the rebound for a tap-in.

I remember a few years ago when there was the debate of "best keeper in the league" when Lloris was having a good season but the difference in that statistic was more than 20% in De Gea's favor.

Gasolin

His most underrated aspect is one that I never see mentioned anywhere and that is that he saves balls out of danger zones better than any keeper in the world, that is when he saves it's unlikely that someone else will claim the rebound for a tap-in.

I remember a few years ago when there was the debate of "best keeper in the league" when Lloris was having a good season but the difference in that statistic was more than 20% in De Gea's favor.
Well we just have to compare the Rashford goal vs Lloris today against Kane's attempt vs De Gea today no? One is going for the hand and is late, the other one is going for the foot + great positioning. Positioning is amazing for David.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Well we just have to compare the Rashford goal vs Lloris today against Kane's attempt vs De Gea today no? One is going for the hand and is late, the other one is going for the foot + great positioning. Positioning is amazing for David.
You think Lloris should have saved Rasford's shot with his leg?

Oscar.Z.Acosta

I think the biggest tribute was paid to our Dave by one of my friends (horribly, a Liverpool supporter) after a few sherbets:

"De Gea's so good that if Mark. E. Smith was alive, he'd be in The Fall." How could one disagree and not get another drink in...

Status
Not open for further replies.