Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

I think he could maybe have done better for the goal. Didn't react fast enough and did stand a bit wrong. Although can't know it is going to hit Shaw and go in.
Had very little to do and made some easy saves that he should made too. Was good with the ball today though which was nice to see.

Didn't need to stop Messi, but hopefully he will be ready for the next game.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I think he could maybe have done better for the goal. Didn't react fast enough and did stand a bit wrong. Although can't know it is going to hit Shaw and go in.
Had very little to do and made some easy saves that he should made too. Was good with the ball today though which was nice to see.
He made an unreal save. Only me and McManaman who's recognised it :lol:

Paul_Scholes18

He made an unreal save. Only me and McManaman who's recognised it :lol:
Which save is that? I remember only Coutinho shooting straight at him. He should save that even if there is a lot of power in it. Although Ederson didn't yesterday to be fair, but that was from a shorter distance.

Overall Barcelona didn't really test him since I think that is the only shoot on goal from them.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Which save is that? I remember only Coutinho shooting straight at him. He should save that even if there is a lot of power in it. Although Ederson didn't yesterday to be fair, but that was from a shorter distance.

Overall Barcelona didn't really test him since I think that is the only shoot on goal from them.
The one with his foot. Can't remember if it was Coutinho? It was a lightning quick reaction though and not straight at him.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He was alright, wasn't as busy as you'd expect. Bigger picture though, for the first time since the speculation started 4 years ago I'm not terrified by the prospect of him leaving.

Aloysius's Back 3

As great as he is- he doesn't control his box.

If he wants to go - it might not be the worst thing to happen. Either way we need to improve our CB first and see what happens with regards to his future.

deafepl

I like the look of De Gea's distribution against Barcelona, just wish he could have done it earlier especially against Wolves and Watford where we struggle to gain possession due to him kicking balls blindly.

As long as his distribution is good, we could play better and more possession for us.

Sylar

As great as he is- he doesn't control his box.

If he wants to go - it might not be the worst thing to happen. Either way we need to improve our CB first and see what happens with regards to his future.
Except we lose him for next to nothing and then need to fork out a shit load for a replacement which means we don't spend in another more pressing position

His save with his foot at 1 nil was excellent. The thing is, it's just expected from him so not much is being made of it

More is made when he doesn't make saves now and pages after pages when he makes a mistake which says ''the fraud who can't control his box has his mind elsewhere' or something

Aloysius's Back 3

Except we lose him for next to nothing and then need to fork out a shit load for a replacement which means we don't spend in another more pressing position

His save with his foot at 1 nil was excellent. The thing is, it's just expected from him so not much is being made of it

More is made when he doesn't make saves now and pages after pages when he makes a mistake which says ''the fraud who can't control his box has his mind elsewhere' or something
I mean I'm not going to be belittling over De gea - his is arguably the best player we have.

However that cross over to suarez - van der sar or schemichel is coming out to get that with two hands. That to me is a fact & is an important part of any defence.

Again - not the most important thing to sort out at the moment; but a subject I think that will sort itself out due to his 'love' for United.

Jibbs

That pogba through ball to Rashford which Stegen came running to clear, de Gea would have stayed in his box relying on his reflexes for a save, that goal was so soft and de Gea should have made an attempt to catch or punch the ball in flight. These areas of his game needs improvement still.

I won't mind cashing on him if somebody pays 80m for him, cause the day he looses a bit of his reflexes will be the end of de Gea.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
As if people are still wanting rid. Can’t wait til we do and buy that keeper who’s just as good but comes off his line slightly more often.

Paul_Scholes18

The one with his foot. Can't remember if it was Coutinho? It was a lightning quick reaction though and not straight at him.
Watch it again and it was not very far too move. I guess the distance and the pace still make it hard to get the leg out fast enough even if it not moving very far.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It was a good save, but many people blamed Ederson for conceeding a similar goal.

His reaction for the goal was really poor though, acted like a little girl for some reason. I don't know if he could have saved it, but I thought the reaction was quite funny.

Paul_Scholes18

It was a good save, but many people blamed Ederson for conceeding a similar goal.

His reaction for the goal was really poor though, acted like a little girl for some reason. I don't know if he could have saved it, but I thought the reaction was quite funny.
His position was poor. Should have been more central in the goal and not so close to the first post. Can't do anything about it since he is in the wrong spot.

Unlucky for us that it hits Shaw though because otherwise it would not have gone in. It was not a great header really.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I mean I'm not going to be belittling over De gea - his is arguably the best player we have.

However that cross over to suarez - van der sar or schemichel is coming out to get that with two hands. That to me is a fact & is an important part of any defence.

Again - not the most important thing to sort out at the moment; but a subject I think that will sort itself out due to his 'love' for United.
You are 100% correct. And if they can't get there with their hands they are making themself big so the ball hits them, not Shaw. Instead, De Gea hid behind the post. And in the last game with the Smalling own goal he turned his back. He's afraid to get touch in his 6 and that's his biggest downfall. Great shot stopper but not the best keeper in the world like many claim. To be the best, he also has to be brilliant at the basics. He's been getting by on pure talent and agility...

Paul_Scholes18

i wont be gutted if he leaves.
Romero is very capable of filling his shoes.
Not sure Romero is the answer really it would be a big downgrade. I would like for us to get a top class commanding goalkeeper. Someone like Ter Stegen or oblak would be ideal. Although they are the best so we are not going to get them really. I lika Navas too and he could be good for us even if he is not brilliant in the air either.

I think it would probably be best to sell him this summer if we can. If not keep him and hope he turns his form around next season.

Mr PG

We can't allow ourselves to be held at Ransom by a goalkeeper. 250k/week is more than enough for a keeper. Spend the money on attacking players and midfielders.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

This is nothing new with him.

AgentP

He might have saved it if he had gone with his leg like De Gea. Bringing his body down that quickly was always going to be hard.

The_Bloods

Last night really exposed his weaknesses in the box. We were not conceding that goal with almost any other decent 'keeper last night. I know he's a relatively slender build for a 'keeper, but he really needs to come out for balls and clatter attacking players from time to time - if only to stamp his authority on them and stop the opposition putting balls into the box, because they know he's coming and won't let them get in the way.

The save was decent, but you'd expect any 'keeper for a side in the quarters of the Champion's League to get to that, really.

purgethefallen

You are 100% correct. And if they can't get there with their hands they are making themself big so the ball hits them, not Shaw. Instead, De Gea hid behind the post. And in the last game with the Smalling own goal he turned his back. He's afraid to get touch in his 6 and that's his biggest downfall. Great shot stopper but not the best keeper in the world like many claim. To be the best, he also has to be brilliant at the basics. He's been getting by on pure talent and agility...
We were always taught at school that the 6 yard box belonged to the keeper, it was his domain and any ball into it was his (or hers). DDG just doesn't instill confidence at all when there are crosses into the box, it's a major failing of his, along with organising the defence and ball distribution. When his reflexes go he will be a very ordinary keeper, it's just a case of how long before that happens.

Mr PG

De-Gea has let us down the last 4 games. Against Wolves the second gaol the ball rolled into the net as he pretended to jump, afraid to lower his head instead of diving onto people's feet. Poor decision to pass to Fred in that area of the pitch as well. Even I know Fred is prone to losing the ball every now and then and there was no need to risk that.

mu4c_20le

Distribution aside, that save was an absolute worldie. That look on his face afterwards was priceless....

Based Adnan

Shocking throw out for the West Ham goal and distribution via feet was awful. Good save on the Antonio header though.

Art

Art the artist
Its evident parts of his game have deteriorated. Still can come up with worldies mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.