Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

It was an amazing save but it came after he allowed West Ham to keep that attacking phase alive by staying rooted to his line when the ball flashed across the six yard box. He’s being annoying this season.

RuudTom83

I think his poor distribution is made way worse by the non-existent hold up play. Lukaku should be winning more balls in the air, but instead every kick is coming straight back at DDG! So frustrating to watch.

Amazing reflex saves again late on to save the day xx

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Amazing save.

I think his distribution is becoming a real problem though. He's kind of the goalkeeping equivalent of a defender that makes amazing last ditch tackles but only because he caused that problem in the first place.

extincti fugax hominum

After he cost us a goal with that silly throw out. His distribution just gets worse. He’s such a mixed bag these days.
Yeah, fair enough. He was far from his best during the game as he's been like that for a couple of weeks/months now but still, he can win you a game with a world class save like that. That's why he's a match-winner.

Paul_Scholes18

Brilliant save in the end! I was so sure that was a goal. Did keep us in the game! Gave the ball away just before the equaliser though.

The United

We know he can save.

We also know he needs to stop fecking up his distribution which is leading to dangerous situations often for us.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We're blessed that he has his shot stopping skills because that is all he has.

Every single other facet of his game is fecking shite.

Suedesi

I blame Pogba on that, no DDG. He's so lackadaisical when in possession or when receiving the ball. Then look at Pogba and Mata just strolling back and leaving the defense completely alone.

And then on the other phase of play, it's all on Rojo who loses the marker. You guys are insane if you blame that goal on David.

ottosec

Hopefully he can draw some confidence from that great save because the lad has been absolute shit lately.

Cloud7

Saw the best and worst of big Dave today. Wonderful save to keep us in the game, and then an awful bit of distribution that led to a goal.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
World-class save and also some decent punches on crowded corners, which some people should notice.

deafepl

I blame Pogba on that, no DDG. He's so lackadaisical when in possession or when receiving the ball. Then look at Pogba and Mata just strolling back and leaving the defense completely alone.

And then on the other phase of play, it's all on Rojo who loses the marker. You guys are insane if you blame that goal on David.
Pogba didn't call for it. De Gea throw balls at Mata, you can see but not perfect weighted pass, Pogba tried to prevent the misplaced pass from De Gea.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Along the lines of Banks' epic save v Brazil today. That was a terrific stop.

Djemba-Djemba

If that went in it would've been a error. There wasn't much pace on the header once it bounced. I expect a Manchester United keeper to save that...
:lol: Come on.

I've been very critical of De Gea this season, he's been very poor for the last few months and he made a number of mistakes today.

But that was a sensational save.

The_Bloods

I expect any good keeper to save that.
I'm still trying to work out if his usual tactic of 'stand 1 metre off the line' positioning meant he had to make a worldie to keep it out.

Should he have come out? Could he have collected the ball before the attacker got to it?

At least it made up for his mistake which cost us the equaliser.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
:lol: Come on.

I've been very critical of De Gea this season, he's been very poor for the last few months and he made a number of mistakes today.

But that was a sensational save.
It was a very good save but not as good as most are making it out to be. Keepers like Tom Heaton have pulled off brilliant saves like that on a few occasions against us in the last few years.

Paul_Scholes18

It was a very good save but not as good as most are making it out to be. Keepers like Tom Heaton have pulled off brilliant saves like that on a few occasions against us in the last few years.
Yeah other keeper can make brilliant saves too at times and not only De Gea. Although that doesn't make it an easy save to make.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yeah other keeper can make brilliant saves too at times and not only De Gea. Although that doesn't make it an easy save to make.
It wasn't a easy save for sure. But reading the hyperbole on here it sounds like De Gea is the only one capable of making such saves. Tom Heaton made a better save against Lukaku this season at Old Trafford for instance..

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Could we get a compilation of his distribution today? He was fecking appalling. Inaccurate long ball after inaccurate long ball, shite weighted throw after shite weighted throw. He was our poorest performer today and was a near liability at the back, constantly inviting pressure back onto us.

Do we challenge him on this on the training ground? Is his GK coach just a yes man who tells him how good he is whilst fizzing shots at him? He’s got to be better than this.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Great save, but they were only attacking because his 'pass' out was intercepted as it was terrible.

Really needs to sort his passing out

Status
Not open for further replies.