Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomaldinho1

His form since the WC has been very questionable.

A huge GK name who is, looking in from the outside, running down his deal. Suspect we might see him leave this summer to avoid losing him for free.

AndyJ1985

A keeper that good doesn't lose it overnight. Personally I don't think he's bothered anymore and he'll be gone in the summer.

Member 115509

His kicking was awful again tonight, he did redeem himself for the goal he sold with a great save later on. He just looks so vulnerable at times and is making basic errors that you wouldn't normally expect.
Maybe he is looking to leave and just isn't happy at United.

The Nani

His form since the WC has been very questionable.

A huge GK name who is, looking in from the outside, running down his deal. Suspect we might see him leave this summer to avoid losing him for free.
Best for both parties at this point.

The cheek to demand the wages he has while playing so poorly is incredible.

He constantly puts us under pressure with his piss poor distribution and puts our defenders under pressure with his timidity in and around the box.

I’ve had my fill of his drama.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Neuer, who played for one of the best Bayern teams in history, is more recognized because of the trophies he's won. De Gea was probably the best keeper in the world for at least two seasons with us, under LVG and Jose, without him we would have dropped into midtable. Without Neuer, Bayern would have won the league left comfortably.
Neuer is recognized for a lot more, really.

I like De Gea, but his form is approaching Spain levels. I hope he can turn it around soon.

El Jefe

I haven't got much to base this on but I believe we should sack Emiliano Alvarez the GK coach at the end of the season. He's DDG pal and pretty much acts like one of the players when he's with the Spanish lot.

I can't believe he is coaching DDG as well as he can with how tight and jokey the appear to be. This has been DDG's worse season since his first year here. He has got worse in every single aspect of goalkeeping this season. His flaws such as coming off his line and playing out from the back have got even worse when you expect him to improve on them.

Even the best need top class coaching. Bring back Frans Hoek or any top class coach and get rid of Alvarez.

Bojan11

Noticeably since Fellaini has left his distribution has been shown to be more shocking because the easy ball at that time was to the head of Fellaini.

kundalini

Embarrassing performance. Taibi level blunder for their 2nd goal.

Thought he could have done better with Messi's first goal too. Hardly a surprise he would aim to curl it in the far post.

LInkash

Embarrassing himself on the biggest stage once again, not sure anyone will want him after that..

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Noticeably since Fellaini has left his distribution has been shown to be more shocking because the easy ball at that time was to the head of Fellaini.
It’s one of the worst of all top level goalkeepers, honestly. It’s shocking how he hasn’t managed to address it at all.

tomaldinho1

Embarrassing performance. Taibi level blunder for their 2nd goal.

Thought he could have done better with Messi's first goal too. Hardly a surprise he would aim to curl it in the far post.
Yh I was thinking that with the first one - it's piss poor by Young and then poor from other defenders to allow Messi onto his left in the first place but he's quite far out. At first I just thought 'it's Messi' but on the replay DDG is in a perfect spot, he's so far to that side and just is too slow getting down. It's a great strike but it's within his reach IMO

gibers

I think people can finally see that Ter Stegen is a better GK. A level above him tonight. Another Flop on the big stage in International competition. Bombed with Spain and now fumbled in a high pressure game.

NewGuy

I always loved DDG but after the last few weeks im all for selling him!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not sure what’s going on with him recently. He seems distracted or he’s lost focus. I would never have expected him to let a goal like that in today, his hands are usually super safe. Very weird.

His kicking has got so much worse too, he never used to just pump it into touch like he does these days.

1 thing for sure his god mode isn’t hiding the teams frailties anymore.

criticalanalysis

Call me crazy, but I expect him to save that Coutinho shot by his own standards from a year ago.
I've been critical about parts of his game for a while now, but now suddenly people want to sell him, saying he makes too many mistakes. He's in poor form, but he actually rarely makes mistakes like the one today. He probably should have stopped Messis first as well tbh. Even Schmeichel had bad patches of form. Hell, Messi has them.
Same here.

The mistake and even the distribution I can 'forgive' but I felt he should have saved those :/

Messi's goal, he was well placed in the middle but instead of shuffling across, he's rooted to the spot and just dives on his heels i.e no leverage at all.

Countinho's goal, same thing, rooted in the middle of the goal, no feet movement and dives under it.

I'll need to see them again but ffs man, it looked like Pickford/Courtois in goal.

Cliche Guevara

The reality is he has unbelievably fast reflexes and can make incredible close range saves.

The problem is a lot of the rest of his game is a bit shit.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Used to think he was the best in the world.

I was wrong. He cant even kick. He can't save penalties and the blunders are piling up.

He is amazing at close range chances and one on ones and quick reflex saves.

His head is not in it and he's shit with Spain too.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Now David De Gea isn't world class due to poor form. The caf never ceases to amaze me.

RedCurry

His feck up doesn’t bother me as much as how inept he seems when the opposition presses him. But I still think he’s better keeper than Courtois and if Madrid wants him for big money, it’s the right time to thank him and let him move on.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
His feck up doesn’t bother me as much as how inept he seems when the opposition presses him. But I still think he’s better keeper than Courtois and if Madrid wants him for big money, it’s the right time to thank him and let him move on.
I've watched him for years and he was never phased with that.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
If Madrid come in sell him.
Doubt if any Spanish teams will take him now unless at a reasonable price. Just too many high profile blunders in the past few months.

I dont think he is on the decline -- just going through a bad patch. But I also don't think he should be asking to be the highest paid player at the club. Certainly not a goalie.

T_Model101

Romero would have saved only the goal where De Gea let it through his body
He'd however have let in the goal that Dave saved (with his head? :lol:)
Ter Stergens distribution was absolutely awful in the first leg because we closed him down efficiently and yet, he is placed in this pedestal as the perfect modern keeper
This thread is pure hyperbole

fallengt

Make a stand and stop rewarding mediocrity. If he want 400k/w, earn it. Either that or leave
Even if he doesn't renew, PSG will bite it, I'm sure.

Canagel

Romero would have saved only the goal where De Gea let it through his body
He'd however have let in the goal that Dave saved (with his head? :lol:)
Ter Stergens distribution was absolutely awful in the first leg because we closed him down efficiently and yet, he is placed in this pedestal as the perfect modern keeper
This thread is pure hyperbole
Ter Stegen's passing completion rate is significantly higher than DDG.

izec

That second goal :houllier: was that his biggest mistake here? That was absolutely horrible, a back pass.

Sell him or keep him and get a new GK coach in. He is regressing in every department, except for close range saves. Shit in passing, no control of the box and in dealing with crosses and gets easier beaten from distance too. Something needs to be done here

RedCurry

I've watched him for years and he was never phased with that.
This is also the first time he’s being asked to try and be a part of the build up in a united shirt. Every time he’s been asked to do that for Spain, he’s messed up.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Yep awful season, not even just by his high standards either. If he's got anything about him he'll be on the phone to his agent saying 'whatever they were offering just take it' though we may be better off letting him go and going with another keeper - they may not pull off as many worldies but as long as we don't go for someone so obviously shit like Pickford we may be better off as team if said keeper has other attributes
Probem is, who would buy him? We should have sold him to Real Madrid before the got Courtois. De Gea is so overrated. As I've said several times, he's a great shot stopper. But he just isn't great at the basics. Obviously we are going to see that second goal and shake our heads. But the De Gea of the past few years would have saved the other two goals as well. Is he losing a step? If he is, then he really needs to work on the other parts of his game, becuase pure talent isn't going to cut it. For example, on the first goal, Messi is only shown the left side of the goal (De Gea's right) yet when he shoots, De Gea is still in the middle of the goal. He should be cheating to that side and anticipating it. On the third goal, Coutinho is way too far from goal for De Gea to be outside his 6. Coutinho is also moving to his right, which generally means there's going to be a curler. De Gea should be no more than a few feet off his line. And if he is, he makes that save easily...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
His kicking was awful again tonight, he did redeem himself for the goal he sold with a great save later on. He just looks so vulnerable at times and is making basic errors that you wouldn't normally expect.
Maybe he is looking to leave and just isn't happy at United.
I think he's lost heart. All those seasons, all those games when it looked like he'd keep a clean sheet...only for the team to let even the weakest opposition score late on.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Now David De Gea isn't world class due to poor form. The caf never ceases to amaze me.
Our only quality player since SAF left and he's getting picked on because of bad form (still makes top saves like in the West Ham match). We need an overall on massive scale but he's one of the players that people want out...

I think he's lost heart. All those seasons, all those games when it looked like he'd keep a clean sheet...only for the team to let even the weakest opposition score late on.
I don't agree. He was furious with the goal we conceded at Old Trafford and he's also been visibly annoyed with some other goals. It was just a mistake and one that simply didn't matter. We didn't take our chances early and then gave them a goal. Barca never played 100% against us in either leg it felt.

croadyman

I know this probably won't be a popular opinion but Utd should let Dave go this summer if he wants to go back home and pay the release clause for Oblak

Jib

I know this probably won't be a popular opinion but Utd should let Dave go this summer if he wants to go back home and pay the release clause for Oblak
They don't want him in Spain. De Gea is only rated in England.

Aloysius's Back 3

I don't care about the mistakes or the goals that go past him.

However I simply can't handle the corners and free kicks where we play with some restricted goalkeeper on his line. Makes me nervous watching the match never mind the CB's who must be wondering why de gea never comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.