Scout
He appears 6 times in this video, which is remarkable given the season he had

T_Model101

Saw on Sky Sports news that he made 122 saves this season
4th most in the league this season
Hideously overworked

Mcking

Mr PG

Time to move on from Degea. Huge wages and I’m afraid we could have another Sanchez on our hands... selling and reinvesting least riskiest idea. If he another season like the last)started before the World Cup) and continued to the end of the season his value will plummet to single digits.

Before anybody jumps on me case about keepers being immune to decline, think for a moment about Iker Casillas when still relatively young in Madrid.

Ekeke

So De Gea had the 6th most shots to saved his 6 yard box, 8th most shots saved from his penalty area - which werent far off Alisson for the first, Lloris and Leno both had to deal with more shots from their penalty area.

But De Gea had by far the most total shots to deal with from outside the box.

While this doesn't specifically point out our problem in the DM and midfield area - because its a joint responsibility between those players and the defenders depending on the specific situation. But still I think it goes to show that our CBs werent always the reason De Gea had a lot of work to do last season. Whether it was CBs backing off, or midfielders in bad positions or not putting in the effort to get tight and close down attackers, lots of long shots were reigning in on De Gea. Close to double most of the goalkeepers whos teams finished above him.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
Officially lost his starting spot to Kepa

It must be said that for a goalkeeper of his caliber, his international career has been a huge failure.

criticalanalysis

Hopefully this starts a fire in his belly, realises his worth or rather the lack of it outside of Utd, signs a new contract and plays like a man on a mission next season.

Ole and the goalkeeping coach need to slap him (figuratively) and stop pussy footing. Pass with conviction, come out of the 6 yard box with conviction, come for crosses with conviction etc.

Based Adnan

Hopefully this starts a fire in his belly, realises his worth or rather the lack of it outside of Utd, signs a new contract and plays like a man on a mission next season.

Ole and the goalkeeping coach need to slap him (figuratively) and stop pussy footing. Pass with conviction, come out of the 6 yard box with conviction, come for crosses with conviction etc.
Ever since Steele left De Gea has kicked off with Moyes and LVG's GK coaches. Him and Emiliano though are good mates. There's a reason why he was the only one out of Jose's staff to stay. I have my doubts he's suddenly going to start changing De Gea's game.

0le

Ever since Steele left De Gea has kicked off with Moyes and LVG's GK coaches. Him and Emiliano though are good mates. There's a reason why he was the only one out of Jose's staff to stay. I have my doubts he's suddenly going to start changing De Gea's game.
What do you mean by "kicked off"? (Not having a go, just wondering)

Holocene

IIRC, Frans Hoek was the goalkeeping coach under LVG? I remember his distribution being much better under LVG.

Based Adnan

What do you mean by "kicked off"? (Not having a go, just wondering)
Fell out with basically. I remember even though the Real Madrid links had died down there were reliable reports that De Gea was going to leave if LVG stayed on. One of the biggest reasons given was the breakdown in his relationship with Frans Hoek. Emiliano has history with De Gea (worked with him at Atletico Madrid) and supposedly De Gea was asked if Emiliano should be kept on when Jose was sacked.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Fell out with basically. I remember even though the Real Madrid links had died down there were reliable reports that De Gea was going to leave if LVG stayed on. One of the biggest reasons given was the breakdown in his relationship with Frans Hoek. Emiliano has history with De Gea (worked with him at Atletico Madrid) and supposedly De Gea was asked if Emiliano should be kept on when Jose was sacked.
I don't mind senior players having opinions on the staff around them, if one coach suits them better than another that's fine. I just hope they're willing to put the work in together to get De Gea's game back on track. His form was downright awful towards the end of last season and having lost his place for Spain it looks as if they have work to do.

Revaulx

More fool De Gea (and United). It has done neither party any good. He was getting better every year in his first five years at Old Trafford, even under Moyes, and clearly benefited from Hoek's coaching; particularly regarding his distribution.

"Falling out" with a coach who was stretching him and demanding he be sacked and replaced by a mate is extremely disappointing, and doesn't show his mentality in a great light.

Canagel

People is going to be shocked how much the defence improves when he is replaced by a active and assertive keeper.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
People is going to be shocked how much the defence improves when he is replaced by a active and assertive keeper.
The guy is the best shot stopper I’ve ever seen, but he doesn’t command his area with any authority which makes the CB’s nervous.

My biggest criticism of DDG is his unwillingness to come off his line.

Status
Not open for further replies.