Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This nonsense again. Remind me again the teams Romero has played against?

Romero will ship double the goals if he was our number one. Today only De Gea made two world class save which I don't think Romero would have made.

He is having an average season, but this notion that he should not be our number 1 is not correct.
I wouldn't really class either save as world class.The first wasn't anything special and I'd expect any decent keeper to save it. Second was a bit more difficult but I wouldn't class it as world class.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
He's turned into David James, capable of some really phenomenal saves but prone to an absolute howler.

There was a reason he ended up at Portsmouth level clubs.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I love him and hate criticising him after the amount of times he's saved our behinds, but I do think that contract was a mistake, and thought so at the time, too.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Based Adnan

Didn't have much to do today. No saves you wouldn't expect a premier league keeper to make anyway. Distribution was a little better.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The Watford and Everton errors were big but people are taking last seasons collapse into consideration when analysing De Gea this season. He's been fine this season, I doubt he'll ever get back to POTY form as just like 'most' goalscorers when they hit a 40 goal a season it's hard to maintain that level of worldly form but yeah nothing wrong with DDG

izec

Good game, no mistakes (Don't know about the Aguero offside goal, since the shot was good and maybe there was a whistle)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Was pissed off when he didn't even attempt to save Aguero shot, luckily it was offside. So technically it didnt matter.

Some of the saves was very good, did very well. Hopefully he will keep it up.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Was pissed off when he didn't even attempt to save Aguero shot, luckily it was offside. So technically it didnt matter.

Some of the saves was very good, did very well. Hopefully he will keep it up.
Ive been trying (in vain) to point out to people that he does this all the time, even when it does matter, it's insane that it doesn't get noticed.

On a positive note, he was solid today, came off his line a few times and even punched away a corner, we need to see more of this if we're going to clinch that champions league place.

TsuWave

Great performance.

On another note, I don’t understand why Ederson is rated so highly. Always looks shaky to me when I watch City.

Dve

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Pretty good game form him. He has really improved with his feet.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Good game, no mistakes (Don't know about the Aguero offside goal, since the shot was good and maybe there was a whistle)
He did. Or saw the flag because he stopped playing, as did half of our defence tbf. Should've kept on playing, though, because there's always a risk of Jonjo Shelvey situation after VAR.

Actually, it's quite fishy. Say the ref stops the play, some players will naturally switch off. Then you have the VAR checking, which overturns the ref's decision and the goal is given.

As for the game in general, he was good. Not greatly troubled tbf, though.

Foxbatt

He looked very happy. When Scott scored he celebrated like he won the Cup.

RedIan

Faultless performance. A couple of good saves, the one form sterling he dived to turn away the standout. Good to see after the recent error.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
More of that please De Gea. Good distribution, assured in the air, not overly troubled but a couple of key saves.

RedDevilRoshi

Very good performance today. Didn’t face that many shots at goal as I expected but the ones that did come his way, he dealt with them comfortably. The two saves in the 2nd half from Foden & Jesus were fantastic. His distribution was also very good today, which is something I’ve not been fan of in the past.

MiracleInMadrid

He did. Or saw the flag because he stopped playing, as did half of our defence tbf. Should've kept on playing, though, because there's always a risk of Jonjo Shelvey situation after VAR.

Actually, it's quite fishy. Say the ref stops the play, some players will naturally switch off. Then you have the VAR checking, which overturns the ref's decision and the goal is given.

As for the game in general, he was good. Not greatly troubled tbf, though.
I wouldn't hold the players too responsible for this. It must be deeply rooted in them due to being used to stop playing for maybe 95% of their career. They haven't had long to get used to playing on even though linesmen and fellow players indicate that there is a clear offside.

It will take a couple of years to remove this from their unconsciousness. Our backline also signalled an offside and some stopped sprinting to get back.

Falcow

I dont think Ddg stopped playing. That was an awsemore finish by Aguero and just dont think Ddg was able to move for it.

Had a good game, could have caught one corner instead of punching late on but good game otherwise.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
I dont think Ddg stopped playing. That was an awsemore finish by Aguero and just dont think Ddg was able to move for it.

Had a good game, could have caught one corner instead of punching late on but good game otherwise.
Probably could have caught that one but I still think it's a positive that he came for it at all because him not coming for crosses, that 99% of other keeps would, is a real problem for us.

arnie_ni

If he dived and it went it the goal would stand of onside, but if its obvious he stops playing because of the flag, even if its onside surely they can't give a goal?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
If he dived and it went it the goal would stand of onside, but if its obvious he stops playing because of the flag, even if its onside surely they can't give a goal?
They will. Ref didn't blow the whistle.

romufc

However much DDG wanted to go Madrid and mistakes he has made recently, I would feel we are letting him down slightly if we sell him.

He stayed with us when he could have won 3 CL titles, he was the best goalkeeper in the world. Now that we have a new shiny toy, alot of the fans say Henderson should start.

Although, I agree he is the long term successor, having watched him, he still needs more experience. DDG makes saves and the ball goes in a safe direction, Henderson saves are not the same.

I expect most goalkeepers to be brilliant at making saves but it is the distribution, command of area which one more season on loan should help.

DDG has shown how much he loves this club, I would keep him

Status
Not open for further replies.