Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stacks

However much DDG wanted to go Madrid and mistakes he has made recently, I would feel we are letting him down slightly if we sell him.

He stayed with us when he could have won 3 CL titles, he was the best goalkeeper in the world. Now that we have a new shiny toy, alot of the fans say Henderson should start.

Although, I agree he is the long term successor, having watched him, he still needs more experience. DDG makes saves and the ball goes in a safe direction, Henderson saves are not the same.

I expect most goalkeepers to be brilliant at making saves but it is the distribution, command of area which one more season on loan should help.

DDG has shown how much he loves this club, I would keep him
because the fax didn't work.

you spelled money wrong

romufc

because the fax didn't work.

you spelled money wrong
That was how many years ago? Since then he has been class for us.

Are you saying Rooney, Rio, Ronaldo, Rashford don't love United?

He was the best keeper in the world for 3/4 years.

Stacks

That was how many years ago? Since then he has been class for us.

Are you saying Rooney, Rio, Ronaldo, Rashford don't love United?

He was the best keeper in the world for 3/4 years.
For 2.5/3 of those seasons he was up there but the game is catching him up. He was bad last season and dared to hold us to ransom when he was playing bad. he should of taken a pay cut!!!!

For the past 2 seasons he is no longer the best GK in the world. remember CL vs Barcelona? 2 seasons is significant. Still a great shot stopper but I am amazed he hasn't improved other aspects of his game.

romufc

For 2.5/3 of those seasons he was up there but the game is catching him up. He was bad last season and dared to hold us to ransom when he was playing bad. he should of taken a pay cut!!!!

For the past 2 seasons he is no longer the best GK in the world. remember CL vs Barcelona? 2 seasons is significant. Still a great shot stopper but I am amazed he hasn't improved other aspects of his game.
Yes, I feel he needs to improve his command of the penalty area. However; I want to see how he is till the end of the season.

He is not old for a goalkeeper either, he is 29 which in theory should be his peak.

Lets hope he picks his form and we can see him back to his best.

alexthelion

What! And de Gea isn't a legend. Get a grip and stop reacting like a ten-year-old. All keepers make blunders.
No, he's not, far from it. Nowhere near the same class as VdS or Schmeichel.

We really need to find a keeper who will command his area like those two did, if that's Henderson then great, if not we have to find someone else. We cannot go on having a coward in net.

Based Adnan

Been out of form for 2 years. Will stick with him as we'll find it hard to shift him when he's on 350k a week and putting out performances like that.

el3mel

If not for him we would have won. On the other hand Loris was one of the biggest reasons Spurs didn't lose today. Felt like the opposite of the usual when we were saved by him, now the opposite.

Anyway time to move on from him. Ole needs to take the tough decision of dropping him for Romero then replacing him with Henderson next season.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I can’t understand how anybody could defend him at this point.
He’s been brilliant at United, but we can’t be sentimental, he’s not been good enough for some time now.
He needs to step up big time for the last however many matches we have, I’m not confident though.

Mcking

He's a liability at this point. He should never have been given that contract. A terrible decision.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Should have done better for the goal, good save afterward.

He's obviously not going anywhere over the summer. But the reality is that he's competing with Henderson next season. It might be a direct competition with Henderson at the club or it might be with Henderson still on loan. Either way, he's going to have to improve. Because if this continues next season he'll be ousted.

Ace of Spades

It was straight at him ffs. There were other errors from different players as well, but come on.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Think it’s an absolute no brainer to get Henderson in instead. Dave’s costing us too many points.

edgecutter

He's on massive money and these errors are not one offs, it's been consistent through the last 2 years. He cost us last year and these dropped points today could be massive come the end of the season.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I remember Pepe Reina just expired sharply for Liverpool and I wonder whether we've used up all the juice we going to get from big Dave? Age is on his side and he's contract is too big to move with this kind of form so I reckon we're going to find out conclusively.

Boneli

He’s just got too comfortable in his position. He knows Romero will rotate for a few games but he will play every important one, no matter how he performs. It’s time to take the gamble on Henderson next season. The issue is going to be finding someone willing to pay the money for De Gea. That new contract is going to come back and bite us. Recurring theme for the last few years for us tbf.

mu4c_20le

We should have moved him on during his peak, or a year after. Forcing him to stay probably affected him mentally, as he's still a quality keeper, but these are concentration errors. SAF knew the best time to sell his players.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I think I'd prefer Romero from here on out and he's suspect at times himself.

Silas

That Kante goal he let in last season was the beginning of the end for me. The fact he got still got a fat contract after that is a joke.

izec

I think I'd prefer Romero from here on out and he's suspect at times himself.
Romero is a good short term solution, but not mid to long term. he would start to make mistakes. Unfortunately, De Gea himself is making mistakes.

Henderson with Romero getting some rotation game time and taking the heat of Henderson in some situations would be the best solution for me next season.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Romero is a good short term solution, but not mid to long term. he would start to make mistakes. Unfortunately, De Gea himself is making mistakes.

Henderson with Romero getting some rotation game time and taking the heat of Henderson in some situations would be the best solution for me next season.
Yeah, I definitely don't want Romero as 1st choice long term. Just to see out the season. Then we can (hopefully) address the problem after. Whether that's promoting Henderson I don't know. I'd love to see him make it.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's getting harder to not think we should go with Henderson next season... This is happening too much now.

Djemba-Djemba

If you go back over the last 18 months you'd be well into double figures for appalling errors from him.

He reminds me of Rooney, a player who was exceptional young, clearly on the decline, we give them a huge contract and then they deteriorate even more.

Henderson should start next season as number 1.

Dante

Average bang
-1.8 seems generous. I might be misremembering, but I'm sure he's thrown in a lot more goals than that this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.