Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

red4ever 79

Dave can't be blamed for either goal. He's had a poor season, we all know that, but to pile shit on him for yesterday is absurd.

That said, Romero should have gotten the start yesterday. He's been our keeper for the EL and hasn't done a whole lot wrong.
Yes. I am thinking Ole trying to unsettle Romero there perhaps push him out as Henderson is looking to stay. If I was Romero I would be happy to have Utd honour their contract

EwanI Ted

We’re used to him making incredible saves. Now that he’s “only” making saves other goalies would make, he comes over badly. In truth his shot stopping is still ok, it’s just that his all round game comes under the spotlight when his shot stopping is less than incredible. That’s where the problem is with DDG right now.

The Irish Connection

This is a bit harsh tbh. Our whole defense was caught off and it was a good and strong finish. I wouldn't blame him for this.

Agreed.

It's a long cross into the six yard box so most keepers would come out to punch the ball away. But it's DDG so well.

It's so fecking strange to me that none of our defender or keeper did a sht when that cross come in. They just stand there letting their striker tap the ball in. Like they didn't exist at all. So strange and so weird.
One of the reasons I think we should give Henderson his chance next season. He won’t pull off spectacular reflex saves (which De Gea hasn’t been doing as much anyway) but he would make up for it in commanding his box and doing the basics well.

UncleBob

Who said he did something wrong? I didn't.

It's just the statement that there's nothing he could do for the goal, is plain wrong. It's not an impossible shot to save.
:lol: and we're straight to semantics.

What is it, exactly, that he should've done better for their first goal?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
:lol: and we're straight to semantics.

What is it, exactly, that he should've done better for their first goal?
Save it? he didn't make mistake, but of course he could have done better. It's not an impossible shot to stop.

I've said this same thing so many times. So sorry mate. I don't have anymore to say about this.

UncleBob

Save it? he didn't make mistake, but of course he could have done better. It's not an impossible shot to stop.

I've said this same thing so many times. So sorry mate. I don't have anymore to say about this.
How could he have done better? "Nah, he could've saved it".

Mint analysis :lol:

Foxbatt

No he can't save the first goal but he could have got Brandon back.
This is where a good keeper comes in handy. He organise the defense. He comes out and cuts the crosses. I think he should be sold. If we get a great keeper who saves everything he needs to save and commands and organise his defense as a team we will be better.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
A commanding keeper would've prevented the winning goal IMO. But we can't expect De Gea to do something that he's shown he's incapable of doing for nigh on 10 years, that would be unfair.

Foxbatt

A commanding keeper would've prevented the winning goal IMO. But we can't expect De Gea to do something that he's shown he's incapable of doing for nigh on 10 years, that would be unfair.
It's not what I meant. A commanding keeper would help our current defenders improve. I am not sure if DeGea knows what is going around his box. A keeper needs to be shouting at his defenders all the time. If he had shouted Brandon watch him, Williams would be alert.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's not what I meant. A commanding keeper would help our current defenders improve. I am not sure if DeGea knows what is going around his box. A keeper needs to be shouting at his defenders all the time. If he had shouted Brandon watch him, Williams would be alert.
I agree with you. My post wasn't a response to you but just my frustration seeing him in goal for us because I know he's not gonna do feck all to help the back line in such a scenario.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m his biggest critic and I think you guys are being harsh on him :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.