Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chairman Steve

I appreciate his honesty. He genuinely looked bamboozled by our predicament. Didn’t give it that ‘we go again’ shite.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Anyone blaming him is barmy. We end up with opposition players in far too much space far too often.

el3mel

We can criticize his performance and mistakes all we want but this interview just shows he's still having a far higher standards for his team than anyone else in the club from the clueless manager to the crap CEO who are fine watching us in relegation form.

Jericholyte2

He can say he doesn’t know but he’s been at the club long enough to know what is wrong, he just can’t say.

Nobody can publicly say this player or that player is not good enough - Ole can’t cause he then turns into José and players can’t because they’re teammates.

They need someone who has the balls to do another Roy Keane MUTV interview and get it all out. The players know who deserves to be there and who’s stealing a career, they know the issues with owners, board, managers etc.

Until someone has the balls to say this, and as genuine as he was during that interview, we’ll continue to get wispy-washy bullshit until we’re relegated.

Classical Mechanic

Can't blame him for that one. The defence should've stopped the attack long before it got to that stage and Maguire just let him shoot without trying to close him down. Anything hard and low would skid off the surface, as it did.
Course you can blame him. Most goals have a number of mistakes by the defending team, some big and some small. Maguire's error doesn't mean he wasn't at fault too. No keeper should get better from that distance by a shot so central. It's the kind of shot he'd save with his feet at his best.

UncleBob

Another error for me, that shot was far too central and shouldn't have gone in.
It's hardly a surprise that you interpret it that way, given your general ability to analyze situations.

De Geas view is blocked by Maguire, it's a well struck shot, he's going sideways and when the ball passes Maguire he has extreme little time to react to it.

UncleBob

Course you can blame him. Most goals have a number of mistakes by the defending team, some big and some small. Maguire's error doesn't mean he wasn't at fault too. No keeper should get better from that distance by a shot so central. It's the kind of shot he'd save with his feet at his best.
:lol:

UncleBob

It's a fair point that his view was blocked but I'm curious as to why you find that funny. DDG is one of the best about at saving shots with his feet where other keepers would dive.
Because the ball isn't close enough to his body that he'd get his foot anywhere near the ball.

Classical Mechanic

Because the ball isn't close enough to his body that he'd get his foot anywhere near the ball.
Watching the live action replay, it looks like he's plenty close enough. I will concede that the angles could be playing trick because there's no view square from the back of the goal. Do the stills from where he's stood initially before the ball is struck and where it went in the net. The thing about saving with your feet is that you can stretch and dive pretty far with out wasting the time it takes to dive down.

Last edited:

UncleBob

Watching the live action replay, it looks like he's plenty close enough. I will concede that the angles could be playing trick. Do the stills from where he's stood initially before the ball is struck and where it went in the net. The thing about ssaving with your feet is that you can stretch and dive pretty far with out wasting the time it takes to dive down.
If you watch the angles straight towards De Gea or straight behind him, it's pretty obvious that he's never getting anywhere near that with his leg from where he's standing when he sees the ball, not to mention his feeting due to constantly adjusting his position. No way.

Classical Mechanic

If you watch the angles straight towards De Gea or straight behind him, it's pretty obvious that he's never getting anywhere near that with his leg from where he's standing when he sees the ball, not to mention his feeting due to constantly adjusting his position. No way.

Fair enough, perhaps I was being a little harsh on him. Watched back some of his feet saves too and he doesn't dive into them all that much.

Andersons Dietician

Interesting that he has come out to talk to the media after the games recently. Trying to make his claim for captain. I know maybe struggles with English still but the way he talked gave the impression of someone who is seriously worried.

0le

Incredible interview really. Looked genuinely shocked. Very worrying times for the club.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
It's hardly a surprise that you interpret it that way, given your general ability to analyze situations.

De Geas view is blocked by Maguire, it's a well struck shot, he's going sideways and when the ball passes Maguire he has extreme little time to react to it.
I agree. Not at fault. But possibly could have been a save of the season which on a different he might have been able to make.

Meep

Injured against Sweden. Looked like maybe the knee when hoofing away...

Looked good otherwise. À bit stressed a couplw of times but good saves.

FujiVice

Injured tonight.

FFS. We're fecked for the Liverpool game this weekend.
Probably the least of our worries. He's the one player where we've got a good replacement to come in. We're fecked either way, but its not like its Roy Carroll replacing him.

SirAF

Ageist
Probably the least of our worries. He's the one player where we've got a good replacement to come in. We're fecked either way, but its not like its Roy Carroll replacing him.
Oh, the humanity! Those were the days.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Romero is quality anyway, if we lose I doubt itll be because of a goalkeeping mistake.

Zoo

He was having a good game and recently has been looking like the DDG of old. It didn’t look too bad when he was walking off. Oh well, I have full faith in Romero.

A-man

Today he was good old de Gea again with amazing reflex saves. So sad to see him walk off.

Strats

Feel sorry for him, he's picked up form recently and seemed devastated after Newcastle. Still have faith in Romero.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not much of a loss really at the moment. He's the one person we can afford an injury to.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Romero is quality anyway, if we lose I doubt itll be because of a goalkeeping mistake.
It's not about a mistake. Defenders are definitely more mentally comfortable with De Gea behind them. De Gea also makes saves that keepers shouldn't often save and he excells 1v1 which is a chance we're sure to concede against Liverpool so whilst Romero might concede a goal or goals that isn't his fault at all those could be goals that De Gea was more likely to save. Not to mention Romero hasn't played much at all.

berbasloth4

if its a tear and he is out more long term are we able to call back pereria or henderson does anyone. dont doubt romero for a second but dont trust grant.

Traub

And if we do lose due to a goalkeeping mistake, it’ll mean we actually played well enough to be close to liverpool. Win-win

Status
Not open for further replies.