Foot: Right
Player Agent: Relatives
Current club:
Manchester United
Contract until: 30.06.2020
Date of last contract extension: Sep 11, 2015
Sponsor: Adidas​

Red_toad

Pretty average today, I thought. Came for two crosses, missed both of them. Did ok with the ball at his feet tbf. It’s a shame how he no longer has that aura around him. Honestly feel more confident of our defence when Romero’s in nets.
I hope he can get back his confidence, but it's been sometime now since we've seen him looking anywhere near a keeper who'd deserve 350k a week contract for the next 5 years.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I missed the game today and only watched the highlights, but those highlights didn't do De Gea any favours. He came for two crosses and missed both of them, and then there were others that he should have came for that he didn't. I'm losing all confidence in him. Great shot stopper but still can't do the basics right...

MetoTTT

I still wonder if he has a bonus in his contract to never leave his line.

Alemar

Is it my wrong vision, or De Gea simply never came out to catch a cross today?

Godfather

Pretty average today, I thought. Came for two crosses, missed both of them. Did ok with the ball at his feet tbf. It’s a shame how he no longer has that aura around him. Honestly feel more confident of our defence when Romero’s in nets.
Romero is a beast on crosses. DDG is just so much better on the line. But interestingely I agree, I also feel more assured when Romero is in goal these days.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Definitely seems to have lost a step. Think his situation will play well into Henderson’s hands, the timing of both of their situations seem set to favour Henderson’s rise. I personally wouldn’t rush a mega 5 year deal at this stage if I were United.

Based Adnan

Big mistake giving him 350k a week for 6 years imo. Said it for years that the type of keeper he is means he will decline early. Once the reflexes and speed start to fade he hasn't got outstanding goalkeeping fundamentals to have the longevity of a Buffon or VDS.

criticalanalysis

I still wonder if he has a bonus in his contract to never leave his line.
:lol::(

He didn't exactly come out to catch them. He came out to punch them. Did not connect once. The way he deals crosses pisses me off a tad. What's our coaches doing?
Not lying but I genuinely see that as an improvement. Last season, he was far too happy for Smalling/Jones to deal with every single ball in the box.

At least he's on the front foot. Even if he's not connecting (atm), he's still affecting the outcome by not giving the attacker a free header.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
There has been several articles with showing how de Gea is a less proactive goalkeeper than Ederson/Alisson (think I have seen statsbomb).

Are there any articles comparing de Gea statistics under Ferguson, van Gaal and Mourinho?

AgentP

De Gea saved that Dele Alli shot with his hands instead of using his feet like he normally does when the ball is low near his body. Could this be something he's working on after the few gaffes last season or is it just a one-off thing?

Alemar

Still not convincing.

Yeah, I know it's just pre-season. If this keep up though..
But today he was flawless, wasn’t he?. There was an excellent save, a good punched out cross, several accurate long passes to Young from what I remember, and no mistakes.

MUFC OK

We're saving his renewal announcement for the inevitable disappointment come deadline day, state of our club. :lol:

UncleBob

De Gea saved that Dele Alli shot with his hands instead of using his feet like he normally does when the ball is low near his body. Could this be something he's working on after the few gaffes last season or is it just a one-off thing?
This makes no sense whatsoever

Man Utd 4:0 Chelsea

Tiber

turns out a couple of bad weeks at the end of last year didn't kill his entire future afterall. Rock solid from the skipper.

flappyjay

Hate we still rely on him this much. Difference for me today is that our forward players can be very lethal on their day.

redshaw

Had a very good game. Faced some tricky shots and he handled them well. Sort of things that might go past a keeper not on it. Hope he signs.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Any stats on his distribution today?

It like not having Smalling,Jones Bailly,Young etc in front of him helps a lot.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nice to see David back to his best!

PaulScholes99

Good game, but was also the sort of game he prefers. Shots over shots where he can show how good his reflexes are. But at the end of last season he would have had more problems with all these shots, he was really dealing solid with them.

UnitedChampionsAgain

I made him man of the match. Loads of decent saves but too many really. Defence has to shield him much better or he'll be the most overworked keeper in the league. Strange things to say when we just won 4-0..

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
But he's over 27 and had a few bad games last season, so obviously he's past it.

ash_86

Good defense + focussed DDG is just cheating. Good game from him.

dogwithabone

His performance was a massive plus and that was a terrific save low down to his right in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.