Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He won’t be world class again.

Idxomer

Shame that my optimism regarding him after Chelsea game was nothing more than wishful thinking.

Patrick08

But ole won't drop him. Doubt he will be signing the new contract..and we will either have to spend another 100 m on a keeper or in classic Woodward fashion promote Henderson ( who is talented by the way). Even his heart ain't at united now and the form clearly is an indication.

SteveW

It's been nearly 2 years since he started doing this. Praying he doesnt sign the contract and become another Sanchez.

Canagel

I wonder how long it will take for the people to accept he is declined and soon finished?

Mickson

Just can't work out what happened here. He must be unhappy. He surely can't just become shit overnight?

SteveW

Just can't work out what happened here. He must be unhappy. He surely can't just become shit overnight?
2 years almost since he started doing this for Spain on a regular basis. About 20 months since he started doing this for us. People just ignored it until it started happening every second game

Welbeckham

I’ve been saying it for a couple of years. He’s the most overrated keeper in the world. Drop him. Don’t give him the contract he doesn’t deserve. We will be better off.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Do not care if he signs now. Hardly remember any spectacular games in the last 12 months but so many mistakes. Adds zero value in passing . So many better keepers in the premier League now
Spurs away last season was the last typically De Gea-like performance. That was an incredible performance. He's been average to very poor since.

Welbeckham

Most people seem to judge keepers by the saves they make or don’t make. Outside that, Se Gea’s been on steep decline since 2016.

He never had the football brain and mental strenght of a great goalkeeper. He was great at making saves until 2017, but that didn’t make him a great goalkeeper even back then. He’s not good at passing and he’s always afraid to come out of his line. He’s not helping his team any other way, so him not making the saves makes him absolutely useless.

Copa Mundial

Ole has got to show the team who's boss now starting with giving Romero a run in the team. I love DDG but his form is dire at the moment and must be dropped.

And don't even get me started about the fact DDG is seen to be captain material.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
De Gea sickens me

He only stayed because his transfer fell through and he has basically been throwing the ball into his net for the most of this year

A disgrace to the captaincy and I hope he gets sold sooner rather than later

He’s a mental weakling who’s never actually achieved anything

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
He's terrible nowadays. We'd be mugs to renew his contract.

Him spilling the shot last season vs Chelsea played a huge part in us not getting into the CL.

Don't be surprised if he signs that contract within the week and we're left with a goalkeeper on a decline, earning way more than he deserves, much like most of our players.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Hope we're not daft enough to hand him a 400k a week deal. Hopefully we tell him to start earning it first.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Think he needs a spell on the bench. Should also be made to improve his weaknesses. We are too soft with him.

On another note - and this is simply what I see - I think his reactions or anticipation has slowed a tiny tiny bit. Unfortunately, even a tiny drop makes a difference.

Imho I would not renew his contract.

Megadrive Man

Supports
Liverpool
Has he not signed a new contact?

I've heard Neville and Schmeichel talking about how he has signed one, but I haven't seen any official announcement?

From what I've seen over the past 12 months it looks like his best days are behind him.

SambaBoy

Has anyone bounced back from such a decline in form that has lasted this long?

Obviously every player can go through bad runs of form but from memory, the one's who go through this sort of prolonged bad form never revert back to their status beforehand.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Has he not signed a new contact?

I've heard Neville and Schmeichel talking about how he has signed one, but I haven't seen any official announcement?

From what I've seen over the past 12 months it looks like his best days are behind him.
A month or two ago there was a lot of talk that the contract was agreed and it just had to be officially signed, but the fact that it's been so long since then indicates that that was never the case.

Southampton 1:1 Man Utd

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Cost us the match again today, modern goalkeeper comes out and clears the ball before the header comes in.

AFC NimbleThumb

It’ll go unsaid because Linde-flop was again beaten in the air but his parry was the origin of us conceding the goal.

2 games in a row the same clowns have lost us points.

He was once a shining light in a dimly lit Old Trafford but his regression is so evident he needs to leave.

I have my suspicions he’ll be off to PSG on a free with fellow money grabber Andre & I cant say I’ll be bothered.

He’s actively costing us games, his well of credit is dry.

Based Adnan

The header wasn't even at pace. Did he think it was going wide or something? Just turned and watched it go in instead of actually making an attempt to save it. I think he would have got there if he dived for it.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Laugh all you want but Allison or Ederson come out for the ball, De Gea has always been shit scared of leaving his line. A couple of seasons ago he'd have saved the header so it wouldn't matter, but he's lost the bit of extra ability he had to make those saves unfortunately.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Have to agree with Scholes here. The first time the ball comes at him, he should be catching it. It's straight at him and slow.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was also a factor though. Didn't come out , didn't get the first header.

Why the feck was Lindeloff marking the best header - i don't know.

izec

We will keep him and he will be an average keeper for us. Whatever he had previously, he cant find it again for us. The mojo is gone. Give him lower wages and then sell him once he signs. Or just let him go. We should have sold him this summer, but we are so slow to act and react to everything these days

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Pogba will leave, of course, but DDG is no longer of any interest to the likes of Real Madrid and PSG and has sulked and fumbled his way into finishing his career with us now.

Status
Not open for further replies.