Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinghy

I blame him for the second goal. It was not a very hard header straight at him and he should have been able to push it to the sides.

ShinjiNinja26

Wish we didn’t give him that new contract now looks past it, If this form continues on I’d drop him for Henderson going into next season, guy needs a reality check has had it too easy for too long now think complacency is playing a big part, feel for Romero as no matter how many mistakes De Gea makes he never gets a chance. He’s been a great keeper for us and has bailed us out numerous times over the years but you can only get by so far on past reputation and I think it’s reached its limit now with De Gea.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
It's crazy that some were blaming him in the match thread over the second goal, they must have dodgy streams. It was a header at almost point blank, he did well to react to it, and was unlucky it fell straight to an unmarked Arsenal player.
I dont think it was all his fault but you could hardly argue that he did much to prevent the goal either.

On top of that, I think people are pointing out that if he wasn't so bad at dealing with crosses then he wouldn't be targeted like that all the time.

It's a massive problem for our defence, has been for a while, yet the only thing we seem to have done to try and remedy the situation is give him more money.
It's precisely the sort of decision that sums up why we are were we are right now.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Made quite a lot mistakes again recently but I don't blame him for Arsenal's second. That header came from short distance and through several players. It was horrendous marking from the team. Don't think he could do much with the save tbh.

youngrell

It's going to take a very bold decision to take him out of the team but it may be worth it in the long run if he puts the necessary effort into forcing himself back in.

Those calling for Henderson constantly are way off, though. Romero should be the one to take over if anyone at the moment.

MAME DIOUF 32

His dip in form has gone on for long enough that I'd now consider him a very good goalkeeper rather than one of the best in the world. Romero should get an opportunity.

Kerry Donaghy

Supports
Celtic
Consider the fact that the goals conceded from corners against Brighton, Man. City and Everton (just off the top of my head) probably don't even get registered as 'goalkeeping errors' even though they blatantly are and this becomes even more alarming

Massive issue and we're going nowhere until (a) more people realise it, especially our coaching staff and (b) we do something about it.

Currently, neither is happening.

Irwin99

Great at saving with his feet but he sure isn't great at passing with them, not at the moment anyway. Crowd seemed to be giving him a bit of stick for the bad kicks.

It feels ridiculous pointing it out considering what he's done for us in the past but if we're going to be a comfortable team at playing out from the back then is he really the right goalkeeper for us? Puts us in a lot of needless pressure at times. In fairness, also kept the score from being much worse so credit to him for that.

DoomSlayer

Awful yet again. City have 5 shots on target and we concede 3. Woeful with the ball and horrible distribution. No leadership from the best paid GK in the world, stealing a living right now.

Alemar

Awful yet again. City have 5 shots on target and we concede 3. Woeful with the ball and horrible distribution. No leadership from the best paid GK in the world, stealing a living right now.
He saved what he could today, two goals were not his fault (let alone Pereira's own goal).

DoomSlayer

He saved what he could today, two goals were not his fault (let alone Pereira's own goal).
For his wages and perceived status, that is not good enough. I think better keepers would do better for the 2nd and 3rd goal. He also puts the whole team under pressure with his non-existent distribution and his demeanour is of a loser, not a leader and experienced player.

Alemar

For his wages and perceived status, that is not good enough. I think better keepers would do better for the 2nd and 3rd goal.
For the 3rd goal he saved a difficult shot, it was Pereira to tap it in - how is it de Gea's fault?

Then again, he saved us from a clear goal with an excellent foot save right before Rashford scored.

DoomSlayer

For the 3rd goal he saved a difficult shot, it was Pereira to tap it in - how is it de Gea's fault?

Then again, he saved us from a clear goal with an excellent foot save right before Rashford scored.
Parrying shots in the right direction is a skill that goalkeepers practice. He is not commanding enough, not vocal enough and does not put fear into opposition players anymore.

Alemar

Parrying shots in the right direction is a skill that goalkeepers practice. He is not commanding enough, not vocal enough and does not put fear into opposition players anymore.
All right, he doesn't have a great season, but it was not de Gea who was at fault for today's result. Today, critique is not justified.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
He is terrible at distributing the ball. A fecked up clearance or a wayward pass or giveaway is a mistake and he made a few more.

Nice save though.

Is he really Spanish? His overall technique is nothing special.

Romero deserved the start. another example of poor management.

Man Utd 4:0 Norwich

Alemar

One excellent (and vital) save today, good distribution of the ball. Not many shots on target (I think 3), but still a solid performance and a clean sheet

nyanza

What is annoying though is that he definitely influenced the ref with getting in his face but where was that against Everton?
I doubt whoever was checking the decision would have given a shit about De Gea being in the ref's face.

Paul_Scholes18

Good performance from him. Sadly it didn't help us. Can't blame him for the corner with no marking on Van Dijk this time.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I doubt whoever was checking the decision would have given a shit about De Gea being in the ref's face.
It absolutely does influence refs. Against Everton he shrugged and that was that. Today he was screaming in the ref's face and it was overturned. There were the exact same fouls, more or less.

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
It absolutely does influence refs. Against Everton he shrugged and that was that. Today he was screaming in the ref's face and it was overturned. There were the exact same fouls, more or less.
Because Pawson was in the VAR truck. He's clearly on the side of Souness and Keane in trying to take football back to an era where you can smash goalies and they should be prepared to smash you harder.

nyanza

It may influence the one in front of you which doesn't really matter if the final decision is not up to him.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yeah, I am glad to see him yelling at ref for that, they never allow any contact with keepers and that shouldn't have been any different.

He had a very good game too, nice to see.

nyanza

I doubt var would have been checked if he hadn't done that
It was checked against Everton which is what we're commenting about.
And of course a possible foul before a goal will be checked anyway, they won't be waiting for De Gea to voice displeasure to do it. :lol:

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
I know he shouldn't do it and respect refs and yada yada yada... But I don't blame him at all for losing his rag like that.

Absolutely useless decision and he had every right to be livid.

thepolice123

Can't believe we have people arguing that wasn't a foul by VVD. Its a foul even in the NBA.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
DeGea has regressed as a keeper. He was fouled today, no question about it, but he's been very weak at crosses this season. It's like 2011/12 all over again when the ball is in the air. Is nobody at the club telling him to clean out anyone between him and the ball?

Dan_F

Can't believe we have people arguing that wasn't a foul by VVD. Its a foul even in the NBA.
Weird example to use, but it was definitely a foul. Soft, but given 99% of the time. He could have made it a lot easier by positioning himself so he wasn’t catching the ball way in front of himself.

Did the second goal go straight through him? Looked really weird at first, but I didn’t see a proper replay.

Also, him asking to go up for a corner is good banter. The guy can’t even collect crosses, but thinks he’s going to beat defenders to the ball without his arms.

Status
Not open for further replies.