Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleBob

The one at home was a clear foul, but the one away with Calvert-Lewin was inexcusable. Can't tell which one you're referring to as an attack on the goalkeeper. I think the Everton (away) and Watford mistakes are the ones he was talking about.
Rebound was a freak accident, margins. Watford was a proper blunder

People should calm down and analyze what actually happens instead of just wanking off to whatever Roy Keane says, Tottenhams goal looks bad but the more you see it the more you should be able to see how difficult those are to deal with.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
The situation with De Gea sums up how badly the club is being run. It will be interesting to see if Ole has the bottle to bench him for the next game or if he is too much of a nice guy to make tough decisions which many people suggest he is.
De Gea will start the next game, however Romero will start the game after in the FA Cup. If De Gea has another howler against Sheffield and Romero has a good game vs Norwich City, then Ole will have no choice but to drop him...

Rebound was a freak accident, margins. Watford was a proper blunder

People should calm down and analyze what actually happens instead of just wanking off to whatever Roy Keane says, Tottenhams goal looks bad but the more you see it the more you should be able to see how difficult those are to deal with.
Oh I'm far from a De Gea hater. Some of his performances are worrying but I still believe in him, think the goal was more on Maguire. I was just clarifying the misunderstanding

hmchan

De Gea will start the next game, however Romero will start the game after in the FA Cup. If De Gea has another howler against Sheffield and Romero has a good game vs Norwich City, then Ole will have no choice but to drop him...
I've gone through this over and over again. de Gea's 375k-per-week salary pretty much guarantees a spot for him. Given his repeated errors and terrible form towards the end of last season, Ole still refused to drop him and chose to stick with him. As far as I see, he will be our first choice as long as he's here and competition is nonexistent.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I've gone through this over and over again. de Gea's 375k-per-week salary pretty much guarantees a spot for him. Given his repeated errors and terrible form towards the end of last season, Ole still refused to drop him and chose to stick with him. As far as I see, he will be our first choice as long as he's here and competition is nonexistent.
You're probably right and that's pretty shite

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I can almost taste the angst of people on here not being able to spew textual diarrhea about him.

Didn't have much to do apart from one very good save from Connolly and one decent one from Maupay. Was beaten on the second Trossard chance and maybe on the first one but they were both good strikes he could do nothing about. Distribution was nice and calm, as was his collection of crosses. These are the games I like him having, one or two good saves to keep form up but not needing to rescue us every 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Fracture90

That was a vintage Dave performance, delivers when called upon. He make some great saves last night.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
It's come to something when I felt a tinge of 'oh no' as those shots were taken but he dealt with them as he would at the top of his game.

Hopefully he regains some confidence. Even if the whole team improves in front of him we still need prime DDG.

Sylar

Reckon his confidence will defo come back with a consistent defence and midfield (matic) ahead of him. It will restrict what he has to do, and allow him to come to use when needed. Plus the more wins / clean sheets we have it will help.

jackal&hyde

That was a vintage Dave performance, delivers when called upon. He make some great saves last night.
Yep, very good. We have 11 clean sheets in 15 games with some fantastic saves along the way. He is hardly the disaster some are making him out to be.

NinjaFletch

Beaten at his near post, beaten at his near post again when Bournemouth hit the post before the handball and spent all game putting our team under pressure with woeful kicking.

It's not good enough at the best of times, when you're paying him as much as we are it looks even worse.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He needs a kick up the arse, the pass to Maguire and getting beaten at his near post were shocking.

I'm really hoping he gets to his old levels, because he's starting to fall below the standards of what's needed for a Manchester United goalkeeper.

He has the ability, he has the mentality, but he just needs to be more alert at times, he's a bit too comfortable.

Hoping he gets back to the 'best goalkeeper in the world' status, praying he does because he has it in him.

Just too many silly errors this season.

For a title challenge, DDG needs to be flawless.

kundalini

Absolutely awful. Unable to protect his near post from a tight angle, could easily have conceded another into the same space when they hit the post. Passing wasn't up to much either.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Had nothing to do today but still looked really bad.

it was bad defending sure but In Absolutely no circumstances should he have conceded that goal

plus his numerous misplaced, careless passes put us under pressure.

izec

Terrible keeper. The defense was terrible in front of him, he has just the same level as them the last 2 seasons. Not good enough. Get rid. I dont need another shit season to know he is done.

Mindhunter

He isn't the same anymore, that much is clear. This isn't a temporary decline in form but more permanent. He was always a reflex keeper and as he gets old those reflexes are getting slower.

We definitely need to stand up a replacement now as I genuinely think that next season will be his last with the club. We need to think long and hard about the type of goalkeeper we should be going for really. I don't agree with just passing the mantle on to Dean without him being tested at this level.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Weird performance as the whole defense was dodgy in the first half.

Still not worried about it, Ole will have wide choice to set his number 1 keeper for next season.

LJJT

In fairness to him today for the first goal- I don’t think he expected for one second for Maguire to be absolutely shown up in that area of the pitch and let the striker get a shot off

redzombie

looks terrified when players are around him, he's never been commanding but he looks scared of his own shadow these days

Paul_Scholes18

He is just being beaten too easily. At least it didn't cost us today with a deadly attack.
Henderson has also struggled a bit more after the lockdown too so not sure he is ready to be our number 1.

el3mel

First time his feck up doesn't cost us points this season thanks to the attack.

Revan

Assumptionman
Wouldn't mind dropping him for a couple of games. I don't think that he is anywhere as bad as Caf thinks, but clearly he needs to improve.

edcunited1878

He's done this before where he comes out near post and protects his lower side and exposes his top side. If you know anything about basketball passing or goalkeeping, the hardest shot or pass to defend is the ball that goes near your head above your shoulder, that window when the distance is shallow. He could have done better but that was comic defending by Maguire and he got complete merked.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Time waits for no man. His nervous system isn't as sharp as it was. It's normal.

Has gone from outstanding to good.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He's done this before where he comes out near post and protects his lower side and exposes his top side. If you know anything about basketball passing or goalkeeping, the hardest shot or pass to defend is the ball that goes near your head above your shoulder, that window when the distance is shallow. He could have done better but that was comic defending by Maguire and he got complete merked.
In the second half he got beat near post again with a low ball. Bono hit the post

Icemav

In fairness to him today for the first goal- I don’t think he expected for one second for Maguire to be absolutely shown up in that area of the pitch and let the striker get a shot off
Thats the only mitigating factor. Not easy but for a top class keeper its expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.