Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
That's all we can ask these days :lol:
I think I’m his harshest critic on here. I said he wasn’t good enough for us anymore a year or so ago and still stand by that. But no complaints tonight. He punched from a corner for fecks sake!

edcunited1878

His chipped passes out from goal were really good today and controlled his area well. Didn't have much to do, but was good in other areas of goalkeeping today.

It's okay for you all to praise him and give him his due. It's not like he's Bailly or Jones playing in goal where he's a liability. He's still one of the top PL goalkeepers this year with his errors included.

Based Adnan

Very happy he was proactive on incoming balls in today. Thought his distribution was also good.

LARulz

Hilarious that I was going to post about this. Didn't believe my eyes when this happened. :lol: Couldn't believe he actually came out and punched a ball from a corner.
To be fair, the last few games he has had the entire opposition team standing on his toes. This time Villa just gave him the box to roam around in

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Good save on Redmond but cost us once again with his refusal to be proactive. Won't go down as a mistake though but it happens time and time again.
What is it you're criticising him for? Not either of the goals I hope.

Based Adnan

I'm criticizing him for his refusal to come off the comfort of his line

Why do you think he shouldn't come out for the equalizer? It's in a perfectly fine area for a keeper to claim it.

Mindhunter

What? Any top keeper would have gone for the ball instead of standing on his line when the ball is played so close to him. He just lacks the courage and the confidence to do that.

He could have prevented what happened afterwards which was really unlucky for us.

Carl

Why do you think he shouldn't come out for the equalizer? It's in a perfectly fine area for a keeper to claim it.
In a freezeframe maybe. Was an excellent delivery.

acnumber9

Good save on Redmond but cost us once again with his refusal to be proactive. Won't go down as a mistake though but it happens time and time again.
A flat ball into the near post? Any keeper that comes for that is an idiot.

Carl

What? Any top keeper would have gone for the ball instead of standing on his line when the ball is played so close to him. He just lacks the courage and the confidence to do that.

He could have prevented what happened afterwards which was really unlucky for us.
Listen, I totally agree with the "goal line goalkeeper" criticisms of De Gea. I also agree that he does hurt us on corners. I really don't think there's anything he could have done with that though. Was an excellent delivery.

klayton88

The fact he never comes for balls most keepers come for? He's garbage at everything but shot stopping and even that's now questionable.

Carl

The fact he never comes for balls most keepers come for? He's garbage at everything but shot stopping and even that's now questionable.
We're talking about a specific moment here buddy.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Dear god, there was absolutely no way DDG could have collected the cross before the flick on header. It was to the near side of his near post for feck’s sake. Anyone who is claiming this really has no clue what the feck (s)he is talking about. Unless the flick goes straight at him, there’s no possibility to save the flick either.

He’s not going to try to barge through multiple players to punch the cross before the flick, that would leave his entire net exposed.

The sheer ignorance of some here is aggressive.

Rossa

Dear god, there was absolutely no way DDG could have collected the cross before the flick on header. It was to the near side of his near post for feck’s sake. Anyone who is claiming this really has no clue what the feck (s)he is talking about. Unless the flick goes straight at him, there’s no possibility to save the flick either.

He’s not going to try to barge through multiple players to punch the cross before the flick, that would leave his entire net exposed.

The sheer ignorance of some here is aggressive.
this pretty much.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

You are completely mistaken in this. He had no legitimate chance for the cross. There’s not one quality keeper in the world who could have collected or punched that cross away before the near post flick. To try to come out to do so would have been an egregious error on his part, this goal is on the outfielders.

izec

I am a De Gea critic, but the goal wasn't his fault. There is no way any GK gets to that ball. Ward-Prowse is a great set piece taker. Someone heads it away or Lindelöf clears, that is all.

AaronRedDevil

Couldn't do ANYTHING about the goals. Got left high and dry the first one and the second one just flew in onto nowhere.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Christ almighty, look at two things - where the ball was flicked on & how many players were between DDG & this spot. Both completed negated DDG’s ability to collect / punch the ball. Common sense dictates this even before understanding the play.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
this pretty much.
I don’t know if it’s people thinking they know football because they play a video game all the time or people just haven’t played football at a decently high level. The absurdity of blaming DDG for not getting to the cross before the flick shows both, but the latter, mostly.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

Far too much speed?
Look at where the ball was flicked on, it’s to the near side of the near post. Look at how many people are in the way. Look at the curve of the cross. Look at the pace. To think the keeper is at fault, no matter who the keeper is, shows utter ignorance about the game.

DarkChild™

• Good reflex save but poor as usual in aerial balls. Our defenders have to clear every cross even the ones in the 6 yard box. Even long balls dropping in the 18 yard. His shoes are glued to that goal mouth. We could have won that with a brave keeper.

ShinjiNinja26

Don’t know how you can blame De Gea for their equaliser. It was all on Lindelöf, losing concentration and letting his man get the wrong side of him simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.