Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

izec

De Gea is number 1 and rightly so. Today showed that Henderson’s clearly not ready to overtake that spot. De Gea is still Spains no1 and United no1. There’s nothing to discuss about.
He is not Spain's number 1. He got overtaken by Kepa for a while and now Simon is the undisputed number 1. The discussion will go on, because his performances are not convincing.

crossy1686

career ending
Just remember that De Gea is the highest-paid GK and Spanish player in the world. Then ask yourself if he's good enough to earn that salary at United based on his performances over the last couple of seasons.

SungSam7

He is not Spain's number 1. He got overtaken by Kepa for a while and now Simon is the undisputed number 1. The discussion will go on, because his performances are not convincing.
Really, Kepa? I dont want international football but surely that's not true, Kepa wouldnt get into the Crystal Palace team.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
De Gea’s still No1. Just wait and see who’s in goal for the games that actually mean something like Euro cup and World cup playoffs.

(Nations league and qualifications is not included for obvious reasons)

And also, Kepa? :lol: When did kepa start a EC or WC playoffs game?

mancan92

Yesterday has no bearing at all on whether Henderson is ready. De gea was making that exact same mistake last season. Henderson would need 5/6 of those for me to want Dave to go back in goal.

DRM

De Gea is our number 1 and I still think the best keeper at the club right now.

izec

De Gea’s still No1. Just wait and see who’s in goal for the games that actually mean something like Euro cup and World cup playoffs.

(Nations league and qualifications is not included for obvious reasons)

And also, Kepa? :lol: When did kepa start a EC or WC playoffs game?
De Gea was never good for Spain. Nobody rates him as highly there. Kepa got a year and shit the bed as well, both here in the PL and there. So both don't have the trust quite simply.

You can only see who starts now and started the last few games. It is quite obvious the new guy is getting embedded in for the EC next summer. But you can still
live in la la land for all i care, but De Gea will be a topic of discussion as long as he starts and earns 375k a week. Not because he is so good, but rather an average to decent PL GK

Djemba-Djemba

Henderson being rubbish last night doesn't exonerate De Gea.

De Gea has made a ton of errors in the last 2 years and last night doesn't change anything for me.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
De Gea was never good for Spain. Nobody rates him as highly there. Kepa got a year and shit the bed as well, both here in the PL and there. So both don't have the trust quite simply.

You can only see who starts now and started the last few games. It is quite obvious the new guy is getting embedded in for the EC next summer. But you can still
live in la la land for all i care, but De Gea will be a topic of discussion as long as he starts and earns 375k a week. Not because he is so good, but rather an average to decent PL GK
See, here’s the problem most have against De Gea. It’s mostly not about his performances but because of his salary. If he was on 200k he wouldn’t get so much stick.

De Gea is still top 5 GK’s in europe and to think he would be replaced by Englands obvious number 2 right now is just inmature and shows what they know about football.

De Gea would’ve been literally slaughtered on the caf with a performance like Hendos yesterday.

I will keep living in ’la la land’ and then we’ll see at EC and United who’s number 1.

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
See, here’s the problem most have against De Gea. It’s mostly not about his performances but because of his salary. If he was on 200k he wouldn’t get so much stick.

De Gea is still top 5 GK’s in europe and to think he would be replaced by Englands obvious number 2 right now is just inmature and shows what they know about football.

De Gea would’ve been literally slaughtered on the caf with a performance like Hendos yesterday.

I will keep living in ’la la land’ and then we’ll see at EC and United who’s number 1.
He certainly hasn't been top 5 for the last two and a half years.

De Gea has made the same two mistakes that Henderson made. Regularly in the case of the second goal. Henderson making those mistakes isn't a great sign, but until he has done it quite a few times he shouldn't be getting 'slaughtered'. Just like nobody cared too much about the first few mistakes De Gea made at the start of 18/19, and it wasn't until significantly into that season that questions started to be raised as he kept making mistakes regularly. Hell, even now after two and a half seasons we still have people claiming he's one of the best around, and a lot of those same people are writing off Henderson when he's barely played.

RuudtheRed

He was excellent today. With everyone calling for Henderson to start over him, he showed why he's still our #1.

May well have pulled off the save of the season when AWB hung him out to dry

el3mel

He has been in a great form for a long time now. He has put the period of bad performance way behind his back and is now back to his best.

binary bot
The disallowed Bamford goal, the header and the Dallas goal would've all been amazing saves, and he got extremely close to all three.

Kag

Come at me but his distribution for the second Leeds goal was farcical. He regularly puts us under pressure with appalling kicks straight into our own half.

Mcking

Decent performance. Shots were straight at him, but he dealt with them well. Leeds are terrible at finishing.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Felt better having him back today and thought he made some good saves and was assured on crosses etc.

Mcking

Stats say that Leeds only had 3 shots on target and scored 2. Did he make more than one save?
He made one block with his foot in the first half, and got behind the one that almost crept in at the far post in the second half. Pushed another one out for a corner, but that one was going wide.

Should be four shots on target, and two saves. Decent saves, but don't get the love in.

Classical Mechanic

He made one block with his foot in the first half, and got behind the one that almost crept in at the far post in the second half. Pushed another one out for a corner, but that one was going wide.

Should be four shots on target, and two saves. Decent saves, but don't get the love in.
Cheers. I’ve got a puppy so I could only half watch, only saw the one that just stayed out.

Foxbatt

What do you mean by decent? The one he saved from Rafinio was outstanding.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Decent performance. Shots were straight at him, but he dealt with them well. Leeds are terrible at finishing.
That long range effort wasn't, I thought that was probably the pick of the bunch too.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Strong performance today. He made that nice kick save (kind of his specialty) but my favourite moment in the match from him today was on the first corner of the match that he came out strong for and punched it about 30 yards. More of that please...

Status
Not open for further replies.