Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

largelyworried

Fairly standard De Gea game I thought. A good double save at one point but some loose handling from another shot from a corner. No opportunity to show what he can do in the air, I barely remember a cross he could go for. Kicking was pretty meh and he doesn’t ever look comfortable under pressure. The goal would have taken a wonder save with his feet to stop, but that’s kind of what he was known for at his peak.

He’s an average keeper earning the wages of three average keepers. He should start the final, he’s earned that right. He looks to be leaving this summer and a trophy before he goes would be the least he deserves. But I still think we need a change.

redshaw

Surprised there's not a lot more talk in this thread about this being his final season or he should stay. I mean we could improve on De Gea but I doubt Henderson will be that person, Tom Heaton is 35 and not played much in 3 years and only had about 5 years of regular starts at Burnley in his whole career

We're going into next season with the hope of challenging and at the least maintaining a top 2 or 3 place with Henderson and Heaton sounds very concerning to me. Many have expressed doubt in the Henderson thread now we've seen a run of games from him and in many other threads people have shown relief to have De Gea back and playing in the final yet we seem to be sleep walking into having De Gea leave and relying on Henderson and Heaton next season.

Romero has been frozen out to see how Henderson does but is probably our best all round and most imposing keeper. Henderson is quite short with a small build, looks tiny in the goal compared to our rivals keepers.

Alemar

Very good performance yesterday, several important saves. And had no chance on the goal anyway - he saved everything else

Red_toad

Seriously who cares? It was a meaningless game today in which I believe De Gea played because he will start the final. Partly because of match fitness, partly because Ole doesn’t want to change the back 5 who will play in the final too much especially with Maguire probably out anyway.
Now if there were other reasons why he started today then who cares? Not a big deal really.
You came up with the idea not me. So try explaining your perspective, as I just don’t see it. Dave played as Henderson was dropped, just like when Dave was dropped and relegated to cup keeper. Maybe Henderson is now cup keeper and will play in the final? Time will tell...

Raven

Think he's looked great in his last couple of games. I'd love a De Gea redemption arc, this team would be incredible with him in his prime, best keeper I've seen.

Aouer-United

Good save but meh finishing, I don't care.

What is important, that he needs to come off the lines more often instead of glueing to the post, defenders can't do everything on their own. There were moments Axel had to defend on his own in the box against attackers, De Gea was just there watching while glued to the post and do nothing but preparing to make a saves. It could be avoidable if he just sweeps to claim the ball as Deano did. That's 4 times he didn't clean out.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

No surprise if true really, seemed to me he was pencilled in to start the final for a while regardless of what happens over the summer.

Siezard

Let's hope De Gea will not make any mistakes tonight and save himself the embarassment.

Or Maybe Romero should play because he won the Europa previously.

Or maybe Dean.

Last edited:

Based Adnan

Traffic cone probably would have been more useful for the shootout. Completely awful penalty as well.

Not sure why we went into European cup final penalty shootout with a keeper that's known to be completely shite at penalties in the first place either.

el3mel

And I was defending him just yesterday.

I can't believe this. 11 pens. 11 fecking pens not a single save.

Feck the feck off.

Red Stone

Thanks for the great years, but don't let the door hit you, mate. Absolute shocker of a performance.

A-man

How was your day Dave?
Well conceded 11 goals and missed one penalty, all in 5 minutes...

Feel bad for the guy.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Don't blame him for missing it. 11-10 on penalties, someone was bound to miss, unlucky to be him.

As for stopping them... holy shit is he useless at saving pens.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
For someone who's made some incredible point blank saves from close range in last decade I find it bizarre he can't read penalties. Was same in world cup when he was diving way too early on the Russia penalties and a couple were saveable.

Easy to say now but yes Henderson probably should've been a sub as harsh as it would've been. Probably would've happen if LVG or even Mourinho had been in your dugout.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Feel bad for him if that'a his last game for us.

We're a much better team than Villareal. Should never have got to the point where we were depending on him in a shootout, let alone depending on him to score one.

Luke1995

De Gea is very tall and he relies massively on his shot-stopping ability. It's weird that he is good on one-on one situations but doesn't have the same penalty performance.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he the highest paid goalkeeper in the world? Can’t save a single penalty. Time to move on, I don’t know or even don’t think Henderson is the answer but this lad certainly isn’t.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I would make better attempts than him. Genuinely, I fecking would.

How does he think his trademark little half shuffle is effective?

Dr. StrangeHate

He should have been subbed. Everyone knows his weakness, even the commentators did. Ole could have had a chat with him before the game. He is not going to improve on penalties when he has never been good at them.

Bwuk

Don’t blame him for missing, but letting in 11 is shocking.

Welbeckham

The way he took his penalty was telling of the obvious lack of mental strenght he has. Not to mention he wouldn’t save one if he had a thousand tries.

You can’t win a cup with him in goal because he’s the polar opposite of a winner. If we stuck with Romero last year, we would’ve won one.

And obviously Ole still should take all the fault for that terrible performance.

The Hilton

Shit penalty.

The usual morons will complain about not saving one
He was poor all match really, conceded to their only shot on target, passed the ball to their player in the run up to their goal, should have been taken off for the shootout really as we know he's not much good at saving pens.

SAFMUTD

Can't blame De Gea, I blame Ole. He know's De Gea is SHIT at defending penalties and still he let him.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I honestly feel so sorry for him :lol::lol:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I don't blame him for the penalty. It's a 50-50 but his team mates let him down today.

Status
Not open for further replies.