Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siezard

Spain Euro 2021 squad
Goalkeepers: Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao), David de Gea (Manchester United), Robert Sanchez (Brighton)

Defenders: Pau Torres (Villarreal), Eric Garcia (Manchester City), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Diego Llorente (Leeds), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Jose Luis Gaya (Valencia), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Manchester City), Thiago Alcantara (Liverpool), Pedri (Barcelona), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Fabian Ruiz (Napoli)

Forwards: Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Ferran Torres (Manchester City), Adam Traore (Wolverhampton), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Pablo Sarabia (Paris St Germain)

De Gea is the only member at Man Utd to be chosen for the Spain Euro 2021 squad!

Eternitiy

That must be by far the most underwhelming Spanish squad seen in at least 15 years.

Oranges038

Spain Euro 2021 squad
Goalkeepers: Unai Simon (Athletic Bilbao), David de Gea (Manchester United), Robert Sanchez (Brighton)

Defenders: Pau Torres (Villarreal), Eric Garcia (Manchester City), Aymeric Laporte (Manchester City), Diego Llorente (Leeds), Jordi Alba (Barcelona), Jose Luis Gaya (Valencia), Cesar Azpilicueta (Chelsea), Marcos Llorente (Atletico Madrid)

Midfielders: Sergio Busquets (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Manchester City), Thiago Alcantara (Liverpool), Pedri (Barcelona), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Fabian Ruiz (Napoli)

Forwards: Gerard Moreno (Villarreal), Ferran Torres (Manchester City), Adam Traore (Wolverhampton), Alvaro Morata (Juventus), Dani Olmo (RB Leipzig), Mikel Oyarzabal (Real Sociedad), Pablo Sarabia (Paris St Germain)

De Gea is the only member at Man Utd to be chosen for the Spain Euro 2021 squad!
Can't see that squad doing much whether he plays or not.

Siezard

Well yeah, were you expecting Juan Mata to be selected?
haha not expecting but The Talented Mr Juan scores goals every season.

Last Euro 2016, Spain qualified from the group stages with De Gea in goal.

5 years ago at Euro 2016, Portugal won! and Rooney scored against Iceland! Feels so long ago...

Last edited:

izec

He is not Spain's number 1. He got overtaken by Kepa for a while and now Simon is the undisputed number 1. The discussion will go on, because his performances are not convincing.
De Gea’s still No1. Just wait and see who’s in goal for the games that actually mean something like Euro cup and World cup playoffs.

(Nations league and qualifications is not included for obvious reasons)

And also, Kepa? :lol: When did kepa start a EC or WC playoffs game?
What about now

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
What about now
Weird how he's never been number 1 for any significant period of time, didn't Casillas massively over stay his welcome when DDG really should have been number 1?

I mean it's understandable he's not number 1 now albeit I've never heard of the chap who's playing tonight

izec

Weird how he's never been number 1 for any significant period of time, didn't Casillas massively over stay his welcome when DDG really should have been number 1?

I mean it's understandable he's not number 1 now albeit I've never heard of the chap who's playing tonight
Yes, Casillas was longer there than he should be. Then De Gea came in for a year or two, didnt convince, same for Kepa who had his fair share of games as well, and now Simon. I guess he is playing due to not being as bad as De Gea and Kepa.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea

Nothing weird about it he was always shit for Spain making mistakes in tournaments

spiriticon

Do you speak for all of Spain for that post? I'm pretty sure his Mrs would disagree, so there's 1 you've missed.
I speak for all of Spain, minus his missus. Actually I don't know..... His Mrs probably has a safe 1k bet on Unai Simon being number 1.

spiriticon

I remembered De Gea was still playing for Spain even after the world cup.
I'm referring more to their trust and confidence in him. I don't notice an overwhelming support from the Spanish media for him to take the gloves. I imagine it's like a 'Yes, play, but please don't feck up" kind of sentiment.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
why is there no appreciation thread for this wonderful goalkeeper? he's served us for 10years come on guys someone should post clips of his saves!!!

Siezard

Unai Simon made a terrible schoolboy error! One of the worst ever! Time to bring back De Gea to the starting line up if Spain wants to win Euro again.

Unai Simon made a terrible schoolboy error! One of the worst ever! Time to bring back De Gea to the starting line up if Spain wants to win Euro again.
i like DDG, but Simon absolved himself later on, that mistake was a one off.

If the manager thinks he’s the better keeper, he sticks by him now or destroys him. It wasn’t a fundamental technical error that will be repeated.

would be poor management to drop him.

Wilt

They’re keeping him benched, fresh and ready….. just in case it goes to penalties.

Nickelodeon

why is there no appreciation thread for this wonderful goalkeeper? he's served us for 10years come on guys someone should post clips of his saves!!!

This is an incredible compilation. I'm one of his biggest fans and some of these saves still amaze me. Dave single-handedly carried us all through the Mourinho and LVG years. He is a club legend and will always remain one regardless of how the future goes.

It's been a decade in which he's been in the PFA Team of the Year 5 times and been our Player of the Season 4 times.

Show him some love Caftards.

Kostov

This is an incredible compilation. I'm one of his biggest fans and some of these saves still amaze me. Dave single-handedly carried us all through the Mourinho and LVG years. He is a club legend and will always remain one regardless of how the future goes.

It's been a decade in which he's been in the PFA Team of the Year 5 times and been our Player of the Season 4 times.

Show him some love Caftards.
Christ he was majestic. How some United fans try and discredit how good and important he was is disgraceful.

Oranges038

Christ he was majestic. How some United fans try and discredit how good and important he was is disgraceful.
I think most people acknowledge how good he was. He was really good at one thing and that shone out through a poor period for the club as a whole.

But a lot are sick to death of his poor performances for the last 3 years and him being stuck to his line and not addressing any of his major weaknesses in 10 years at the club. His flaws are now being exposed more as his reflexes have dwindled.

I don't ever get why people say he's the best shot stopper the club has ever had either. Schmeichel was so superior in every aspect of goalkeeping including saves, he was majestic.

Siezard

Let's compare with other premier league keepers.

De Gea has been PFA team of the year 5 times while Petr Cech only 2 times. So De Gea has more great seasons than the rest.

Last edited:

laughtersassassin

Well that game was a depressing reminder of how insane it was to play David in a shootout when we had so many subs left.

Born2Lose

Well, that tournament will have done little to increase his market value for a potential sale.

DoomSlayer

Thanks to the total incompetence of the likes of Woodward or Judge, we have another Sanchez scenario.

Personally, I think we should take the bullet and let him go fo free, pay up half of his contract and let it go. Though if I were the Glazers, I'd be making Ed or his cronies pay it out of their own pocket. :mad:

The Cluck

It'll be interesting to see how long of a holiday De Gea takes now Spain are out of the Euros. How long are players entitled to - 28 days? He deserves the holiday as much as anybody else, but taking the full thing almost guarantees Henderson (or Heaton) will start the season as first choice. Does he take a week or two of a break and come back early, to challenge for the spot? I hope he does.

Raredaredevil

He has already peaked as a goalkeeper and I'm seeing reports that he was abused for the training sessions by his own people during Spain's preparation for the Euros. I think its either time to let him go or he can leave when his contract ends. He is too mentally fragile. I just don't see him inspiring any confidence when he is there for a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.