Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
De Gea suddenly looked himself again. Some very good saves.

Bazi

Supports
Bayern Munich
I admittedly only watched three United games this season, but he was good to very good in all of them. Still a top-class goalkeeper.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Very good today, some great saves and good distribution. Didn't like that he refused to pick up the ball with his hands and tried to kick it away when in front of him a couple of times though.
First time it looked like he needed to, that it would have taken a bit too long to collect it with his hands.

Think I agree on the second one. Different camera angle, though.

Alemar

He played brilliantly, but... that Mbappe shot was impossible to save. One of the best saves of his career

criticalanalysis

Maybe thats the only reason why hes back in form. Competition
Agree. That's what I and many thought Henderson coming in would do. Light a fire under De Gea's arse.

I think he came out of his 6 yard box more times tonight than the previous 20 games combined.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Agree. That's what I and many thought Henderson coming in would do. Light a fire under De Gea's arse.

I think he came out of his 6 yard box more times tonight than the previous 20 games combined.
Massively improved in this regard over the past three games (our two & with Spain).

Ekeke

Yeah I noticed that too and he took those balls out of the air like its never been a problem for him

Backrow Singer

Good to see him getting back to something like his best form, made some very good saves again today. Hopefully he can keep it up and maintain some consistency.

As a club we’re lucky to have two goalkeepers of such quality.

Thought both keepers on the field were outstanding tonight actually.

ShinjiNinja26

Even his distribution was very much improved tonight. Played a couple of wonderful long passes, hopefully continues to develop that side of his game.

MattofManchester

Someone should mention his organization of the defence today, which was fantastic.

All round, back to his best.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Back to his best tonight. Really does help that even after you defend so well all night your keeper is solid and not making and mistakes.

Tiber

De Gea's best is on a level few goalkeepers have ever reached. I struggle with the idea of giving up on him for Henderson, who is unlikely to ever reach that level nevermind sustain it

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Maybe thats the only reason why hes back in form. Competition
Indeed. While missing out on Sancho was a kick in the teeth, I maintain the other players we've signed this summer will help us massively due to the heightened competition, no one's place is safe and it's that sort of mentality that kept SAF's squads thriving.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Just after the first whistle Di Maria & Mbappe stopped almost single-handedly.

Inspiring today.

Paul_Scholes18

Very good today. He has often been poor in big games so this was nice to see instead. Hope he can build form and momentum.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Electric performance ⚡
David De Gea club legend I Will never give up on you man!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Said it earlier. If he gets back to his best, Hendo doesn't have a prayer of getting the starting spot. Imo, the most talented goalkeeper I have ever seen.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
129 appearances behind Alex Stepney. Let's hope he has enough form in him to get the record.

True United legend.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The end of the beginning of the end. Or something. 2 big performances in a row. Starting to look himself. Confidence is weird, isn't it?

Asger

I think he tried to train that in the holiday break when AWB and Maguire spent theirs in Dubai and Greece.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Bar one , all of them were routine DDG saves. But the Mbappe one was bloody brilliant. Came too fast , saw it in the last minute and he got enough so that the ball went out. (Thought it was his palm)

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Bar one , all of them were routine DDG saves. But the Mbappe one was bloody brilliant. Came too fast , saw it in the last minute and he got enough so that the ball went out. (Thought it was his palm)
In a pretty substantial downpour at the time as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.